Posted by Gary Burger on July 21, 2016 in St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
Here are some statements used by insurance companies to try and get you to settle your car crash case:
- They do not have to pay for medical care if your personal health insurance paid for it.
- Do not have to pay your wage loss damages because you took sick time, disability or your employer covered you.
- They only have to pay wholesale value for your vehicle property damage.
- You are at fault and that they have witnesses or information that show that you will not recovery and will not get all of your damages.
- That a personal injury lawyer will only take away money from you and out of your pocket in a settlement. (this is false because we would not take a case if we could not add value to it).
- That there is time urgency to settle your case and that if you don’t settle it right away they won’t offer any more money down the road.
- That because of the level of impact your car accident case, they can only pay for a certain amount of medical care, like a few weeks of physical therapy or chiropractic treatment.
- That there is no way you could have been as injured as you were from the impact.
- That the insured only has a certain amount of insurance coverage so they cannot(Get a copy of the declaration page and the policy terms and make them give you an affidavit that there is no other insurance).
- That they only have to pay med pay and don’t have to pay for your pain and suffering or your other damages.
- No work comp insurance. (Every employer with over 5 employees must have it – turn them into the Department of Insurance).
- No med pay or other insurance. (Have them send you the declaration page and the policy)
- Have to settle now or will rescind offer. (They will not).
- A car crash attorney will just charge you and you will get less money.
- They can only put so much on the car crash claim. (Have them call and get more).