Workers Compensation Lawyer Columbia, MO
Fighting for Injured Workers’ Compensation and Recovery.
You’re hurt and need help, but your employer wants you to take responsibility for the accident, or only ask for a percentage of the care you actually need. Don’t do either. They hurt you, and they owe you, and Missouri Workers’ Compensation Laws protect your rights and your recovery. Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Columbia will fight aggressively for 100% of your needs and your compensation, regardless of what it takes.
You never asked to be injured or maimed, and you should not have to ask to be covered for injuries you aren’t responsible for. You’re a loyal employee who works hard, and they should take care of you. Not all workers are treated equally, however. If you are being denied the recovery and compensation you deserve, the Workers Compensation Lawyers of Burger Law can help. We are a Workers’ Compensation Law Firm in Columbia that has experience fighting negligent employers and can protect you and your family’s rights. We are dedicated to your recovery, health, and peace of mind, not our fees. If we don’t win your workers compensation claim in Columbia you won’t owe us any fees. Call or Contact our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers immediately to protect your claim, and your recovery.
If you have any additional questions about Missouri Compensation Laws, what you should do immediately following a work accident, or how an Attorney can help your claim, we have more information further down the page that may be relevant to your needs. If you need to speak with an Attorney immediately, call 866-599-2222.
Workers Compensation Attorney Columbia, MO
What if I’m forced to work with an injury?
Employers that care little for their employees health are going to push them to return to work as quickly as possible, or be fired. When you are injured, they will use their HR department and on staff medical teams to convince you that you aren’t hurt. They want to try and get you to settle for less, and will use any methods they can to do so. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Columbia won’t allow your employer to get away with these underhanded tactics, and will make them pay for the damages they have caused you. If you’ve been injured, our Work Comp Firm advises that you take these steps to secure your recovery and defend your claim:
- Document your Injuries – Speak with more than one doctor. Outside doctors will tell you exactly how severe your injuries are, and what you need to fully recover.
- Document All conversations with your Employer – Documentation of every conversation you have creates a paper trail that can be used to substantiate your claim. Even if the conversation is short, having a record of it will help your claim. Paper trails can be used to protect you in the event that your employer tries to lie about a conversation.
- Document the Business’ Practices Regarding Injury – The business that you work for should have procedures regarding work injuries, how they should be dealt with, and who to inform when an injury happens. Notate the care you received, vs. what they were supposed to provide you with.
- Document the Hours you are required to work while injured, and the tasks you are asked to do – Any actions that your employer requires that you take while you are injured can be used against them in a workers compensation claim. Take note of everything.
The actions you take immediately following a workplace injury, and what your employer does and doesn’t provide you with can determine your claim. If they are working with you, and are providing for 100% of your needs as well as giving you financial compensation, then you may not need a lawyer, then you may not need a lawyer. Not all businesses do right by their employees, and if your injuries aren’t being taken seriously, or your employer is trying unjustly fire you to protect themselves, contact our Work Comp Lawyers in Columbia immediately.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Columbia and Missouri
Our Lawyers will fight to ensure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Missouri Laws provide for your rights, and recovery, and you are entitled to certain rights and recoveries. Here is a quick breakdown of what your employer owes you, by law:
- Your medical care authorized and medical expenses paid by your employer.
- Two-thirds (⅔) of your average weekly wage while you cannot work.
- A lump sum (and tax-free) disability payment for permanent partial disability (PPD) or permanent total disability (PTD).
For more information on Missouri’s Workers’ Compensation Laws, here are the compiled statutes.
If you need to report an injury at work, or if you have further questions about the Missouri legal process that involves a workers’ compensation claim, our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Columbia can guide you through the process to ensure that everything is completed correctly.
Work Comp Lawyer Columbia
Protect your Workers’ Compensation Claim, and your Recovery
Recovery for your injuries and your compensation can be protected. You’re a hardworking employee. You show up on time, work your full shift, and you do your job with pride and dignity. The fact that your employer is now giving you a hard way to go is disgusting. For all of your years of hard work, you should be taken care of. If they don’t do right by you, you have options. Burger Law is a Workers’ Compensation Law Firm in Columbia that takes workers’ compensation claims seriously and diligently fights for the recoveries and compensation of Columbia residents. When we take on your claim, we fight for your rights, and your recovery, and we won’t charge you any fees until we win your claim. To get the care and recovery you are owed, speak with our Columbia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers as soon as possible.
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to...Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like...Continue Reading
- We recently settled a Workers’ Compensation claim that was a battle from the beginning. Our client Gregg was a long-time employee of James Mulligan Printing, Co. While lifting a stack of paper to put into a printing press, he...Continue Reading
- Our client Sandi was a long time manager of Circle K stores in our area. On Pearl Harbor Day 2016 she visited a store when she slipped and fell. An employee had mopped the area but did not use...Continue Reading
- $125,000 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Permanent Disability We represented Tim G. in a Worker’s Compensation claim he made against St. Louis Community College. Tim was a groundskeeper for the College for many years, but became injured and developed Complex...Continue Reading
- $40,000 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Foot and Hand Injury Our client Tim P. is an ex-Marine and construction worker. He was injured twice on the job in separate incidents. In one incident, a trailer fell on his foot causing...Continue Reading
- $32,500 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Back and Foot Injury We represented Jonathan P. when he was injured twice on the job at Autozone. In one incident, he was carrying a heavy box of rotors to a delivery car and...Continue Reading
- Workers Comp Settlement We recently settled a shoulder surgery workers’ compensation case for $50,000. This was even more than my demand sent last summer. The client hurt his shoulder, had surgery and went back to work without restrictions. When...Continue Reading
- We represented Kelli in a Workers Compensation case for an injury she suffered at the Burning Man Festival in Blackrock City, Nevada. How did we win this claim in Missouri for a Burning Man volunteer? In 2014 Kelli attended...Continue Reading
- Gary Burger settled a case for a client who was injured when he pulled on a rope while working on a barge on the Mississippi river. We initially pursued the case as a Jones Act case, but were unsuccessful....Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement despite difficulties created by the victim being injured on federal land. The defense team tried the case into federal court by using a statute, but Gary...Continue Reading
- Our client broke his wrist. The wrist is a complicated structure. When treating a broken wrist, special care must be taken to determine the type of break and its effect on the surrounding nerves and tissue. Our client had...Continue Reading