Workers Compensation Lawyer Ste. Genevieve, MO
Fighting for Injured Workers’ Compensation and Recovery.
You’ve been injured while on the job, but your employer doesn’t want to accept responsibility for the accident, they want you to take the blame, or take a smaller recovery package. Don’t do either. They hurt you, and they owe you, and Missouri Workers’ Compensation Laws protect your rights and your recovery. Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve are prepared to fight your employer in court, if need be, to get you 100% of the care and rehabilitation you deserve.
You were injured through no fault of your own. You’re a loyal employee who works hard, and they should take care of you. Some businesses, however, don’t care about the welfare of their employees. If you’re rights are being infringed upon, the Workers Compensation Lawyers of Burger Law can help. We are a Workers’ Compensation Law Firm in Ste. Genevieve that is dedicated to fighting for the rights of Ste. Genevieve families affected by work injuries. Our team fights for you and your loved ones first and foremost. If we don’t win your workers compensation claim in Ste. Genevieve you won’t owe us any fees. Call or Contact our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers immediately to protect your claim, and your recovery.
If you have any additional questions about Missouri Compensation Laws, what you should do immediately following a work accident, or how an Attorney can help your claim, we have more information further down the page that may be relevant to your needs. If you need to speak with an Attorney immediately, call 866-599-2222.
Workers Compensation Attorney Ste. Genevieve, MO
What if I’m forced to work with an injury?
Employers expect productivity, and often push their workers to return to work after an injury as quickly as possible. They will want you to talk to company doctors who will downplay your injuries. This is a ridiculous tactic that many business use to cheat injured workers out of their compensation. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve won’t allow your employer to cheat you out of the recovery, and financial compensation you are owed. If you’ve been injured, our Work Comp Firm advises that you take these steps to secure your recovery and defend your claim:
- Document your Injuries – See a physician you trust. Multiple opinions will confirm your injuries, and set what is needed for your recovery.
- Document All conversations with your Employer – Record all conversation regarding your injury that you have with your employer. Never have a conversation that isn’t recorded in writing. Paper trails can be used to protect you in the event that your employer tries to lie about a conversation.
- Document the Business’ Practices Regarding Injury – The business that you work for should have procedures regarding work injuries, how they should be dealt with, and who to inform when an injury happens. Notate the care you received, vs. what they were supposed to provide you with.
- Document the Hours you are required to work while injured, and the tasks you are asked to do – If you’re forced to work while injured, document what you do, who the supervisor is, and how many hours you worked. This can be used against your employer.
The actions you take immediately following a workplace injury, and whether or not your employer provides you with the care you need and deserve are going to set the stage for your claim. If your employer does right by you, and provides for your care as well as taking care of you financially, then you may not need a lawyer. Not all businesses do right by their employees, and if your injuries aren’t being taken seriously, or your supervisor is trying to fire you to get rid of your workers’ compensation claim, contact our Work Comp Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve immediately.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Ste. Genevieve and Missouri
Our Lawyers will fight to ensure you get the care and recovery you deserve
According to MO Workers’ Comp statutes, you are entitled to certain rights and recoveries. Here is what your employer should provide you according to MO laws:
- Your medical care authorized and medical expenses paid by your employer.
- Two-thirds (⅔) of your average weekly wage while you cannot work.
- A lump sum (and tax-free) disability payment for permanent partial disability (PPD) or permanent total disability (PTD).
For more information on Missouri’s Workers’ Compensation Laws, here are the compiled statutes.
If you need to report an injury at work, or if you have further questions about the Missouri legal process that involves a workers’ compensation claim, our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve can guide you through the process to ensure that everything is completed correctly.
Work Comp Lawyer Ste. Genevieve
Protect your Workers’ Compensation Claim, and your Recovery
Your rehabilitation and your family’s financial security can be safeguarded. You’re a hardworking employee. You don’t ask for handouts and you always give 100% at everything you do. You don’t deserve the way your employer is currently treating you. You’ve worked hard for them and you don’t deserve the way you are being treated. If your employer tries to throw you out to save money, we can help. Burger Law is a Workers’ Compensation Law Firm in Ste. Genevieve that has a proven track record of successfully fighting for the rights of Ste. Genevieve residents. When we take on your claim, we fight for your rights, and your recovery, and we won’t charge you any fees until we win your claim. You deserve to receive 100% of the care and recovery you are owed, speak with our Ste. Genevieve Workers’ Compensation Lawyers as soon as possible.
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to the same parts of his body and we still recovered in both claims. He got $29k […]Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like Brad above, Daniel had significant medical from his accident. Daniel treated consistently with a physical therapist […]Continue Reading
- We recently settled a Workers’ Compensation claim that was a battle from the beginning. Our client Gregg was a long-time employee of James Mulligan Printing, Co. While lifting a stack of paper to put into a printing press, he felt a pull and tear in his left shoulder. Ultimately, doctors diagnosed him with bicipital tendinitis […]Continue Reading
- Our client Sandi was a long time manager of Circle K stores in our area. On Pearl Harbor Day 2016 she visited a store when she slipped and fell. An employee had mopped the area but did not use a degreaser – instead made it the floor more slick. In the fall, Sandi injured both […]Continue Reading
- $125,000 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Permanent Disability We represented Tim G. in a Worker’s Compensation claim he made against St. Louis Community College. Tim was a groundskeeper for the College for many years, but became injured and developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (“CRPS” also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, or “RSD”). This syndrome caused him […]Continue Reading
- $40,000 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Foot and Hand Injury Our client Tim P. is an ex-Marine and construction worker. He was injured twice on the job in separate incidents. In one incident, a trailer fell on his foot causing a crush injury. In another, he lost the tip of his index finger. Through time and […]Continue Reading
- $32,500 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Back and Foot Injury We represented Jonathan P. when he was injured twice on the job at Autozone. In one incident, he was carrying a heavy box of rotors to a delivery car and injured his back. In another injury, some wires were draped across a walkway and he tripped […]Continue Reading
- Workers Comp Settlement We recently settled a shoulder surgery workers’ compensation case for $50,000. This was even more than my demand sent last summer. The client hurt his shoulder, had surgery and went back to work without restrictions. When the employers’ insurance company didn’t settle, we got a disability rating for our client. This rating […]Continue Reading
- We represented Kelli in a Workers Compensation case for an injury she suffered at the Burning Man Festival in Blackrock City, Nevada. How did we win this claim in Missouri for a Burning Man volunteer? In 2014 Kelli attended her 7th festival and was official appointed a “ranger” who protects revelers at the end of […]Continue Reading
- Gary Burger settled a case for a client who was injured when he pulled on a rope while working on a barge on the Mississippi river. We initially pursued the case as a Jones Act case, but were unsuccessful. We converted the case to a Longshore Act case and pursued it in Federal Administrative Procedure. […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement despite difficulties created by the victim being injured on federal land. The defense team tried the case into federal court by using a statute, but Gary defeated their legal arguments and kept the case in state court where his client would get […]Continue Reading
- Our client broke his wrist. The wrist is a complicated structure. When treating a broken wrist, special care must be taken to determine the type of break and its effect on the surrounding nerves and tissue. Our client had a dislocated lunate – his bone impinged on a nerve and there was a small window […]Continue Reading