Gary Burger devotes his practice to helping injury victims and their families, providing financial recovery and protecting the future of those injured, and making our community safer through advocacy and volunteer work.
Gary Burger has tried and won many complex civil litigation cases in many areas: automobile crashes, motorcycle and truck cases, medical malpractice, products liability, premises liability, workers compensation and class action cases.
- Is the founder and managing partner of Burger Law, LLC practicing throughout Missouri and Illinois. Burger law has offices in St. Louis, MO, Chicago, IL, Chesterfield, MO and Belleville, IL.
- Has been a lawyer for 30 years and licensed to practice in Illinois and Missouri for that time.
- Has been representing individuals and owning and managing a small- to medium-sized firm dedicated to the zealous representation of injury victims and their families for over 22 years.
- Has helped clients obtain over $175 million in trial verdicts or settlements during his career.
Books and Videos
Gary has written five books which can be downloaded for free by clicking the book below or viewing all free legal books here:
Workers' Compensation in Missouri
When you are hurt on the job, collect the workers' compensation benefits you need with guidance from our accomplished workers' compensation attorneys in St. Louis.
Gary has well over 400 YouTube videos on all matters concerning injury law and his practice. Other members of the firm, guests and clients of the firm are included. Many of them are even interesting and educational. Here’s a link to Burger Law’s YouTube channel.
Client Reviews and Testimonials
Burger law has about 500 five-star Google reviews which can be seen here. If you wish, please leave us a 5 star review – thanks!
Burger law has about 100 clients who have kindly done videos with Gary or other members of the firm about their experiences. Click here for our page of client testimonials.
Gary is the creator and co-founder of the Lawyer v. Lawyer podcast. He and co-host Debbie Champion record and produce this podcast to discuss all things litigation (and life) related. Having a plaintiff’s lawyer (Gary) and a defense lawyer (Debbie) is unique and brings different views to legal issues affecting many litigators. The podcast can be found at:
In the News
Gary’s work for his clients and has been in the news. Here are links to some of the tv news stories and newspaper articles:
- Decade-long fight leads to more pay for Missouri corrections officers
- Prison guards urge Missouri Supreme Court to uphold $113.7 million verdict
- Pam Hupp Begins Paying Off 3M Judgment
- Ms. Step
- Powerful Testimony About Pam Hupp Murder Case Leads to $3 Million Wrongful Death Judgment
- Creative Lawyering Leads to $2,000,000 Settlement in Multi-Vehicle Accident
- $113 Million Verdict Awarded to Missouri Corrections Workers Being Denied Overtime Pay by the MO Department of Corrections
- Pam Hupp says her intended victims were looking for their "15 minutes of fame" in jail calls
- Metro East Bank Sued by Widow of Slain Security Guard
Here are Missouri Lawyers weekly articles about some of the successes of Gary’s clients:
- $765,000 Settlement After Fatal Collision
- Injured Woman Settles Highway Crash Lawsuit - $2,000,000 Settlement
- $5,000,000 Settlement - Father Killed by Reckless Truck Driver
- $300,000 Settlement for Illinois Slip and Fall Case
- $2.5 Million Wrongful Death Settlement For Daughters of Fatal Car Accident Victim
- $3 Million Judgment - Son Murdered by Pam Hupp
- 1-55 Pevely Truck Accident - Married Couple Killed
Check out Gary Burger and Burger Law's client successes that have been published in the media or on our website. As of 2023, Gary and his team have more than 600 5-star Google reviews and 210+ video testimonials!
Teaching Other Lawyers
Gary presents continuing legal education classes multiple times a year to share his knowledge, and the knowledge of other great lawyers asked to present. If you want to attend these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the next one. For the videos, audio and presentation materials for past CLEs, visit our Lawyer to Lawyer page.
More About Gary
In addition to tenaciously pursuing and protecting the rights of his clients and securing for them the compensation they deserve, Gary is an active member of the legal community in Missouri. He is committed to constantly honing his litigation and trial skills, sharing his knowledge with the next generation of St. Louis' personal injury lawyers, educating the injured and the future injured of their rights, and helping to better the community at large through legal advocacy and volunteer work.
Gary loves being a husband and father to four wonderful kids. Gary spends his nonlaw time with his family and other hobbies. These include being an avid beekeeper (with great honey), scuba diver (certified as an assistant instructor, full cave, tech diver), foster dad to many rehomed dogs, and outdoor enthusiast. Gary works part-time leading scuba dives at Bonne Terre Mine. He has even been featured as a diving instructor in Missouri Lawyer's Weekly as well as on the TODAY show in which he led NBC’s Kevin Tibble on a dive tour of Bonne Terre’s underground lake.
Gary grew up in the area and graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia with a double major in economics and political science. He then attended Washington University School of Law and graduated in 1992.
Gary's Professional Profiles
- U.S. News
- Medium St. Louis
- Medium.com Chicago
- Medium.com Southern Illinois
- Medium.com Chesterfield
- Zintro St. Louis
- Zintro Chicago
- Zintro Belleville, IL
- Zintro Chesterfield
- LinkTree St. Louis
- LinkTree Chicago
- LinkTree Southern Illinois
- My.Strikingly St. Louis
- MailChimp St. Louis
- Padlet Personal Injury Lawyers St. Louis
- Padlet Auto Accident Law Firm St. Louis
- Intense Debate
- Ello St. Louis
- Ello Chicago
- Gary's Martindale Profile
- Burger Law's Martindale Profile
- 1 Business World
- Explore Lawyers
- Patch St. Louis
- Patch Southern Illinois
- Patch Chicago
- Patch Chesterfield
- Super Lawyers
- Lawyer.com Gary Burger
- Lawyer.com Burger Law, LLC
- Proven Expert
- Find Us Now
- US Legal
- Tops in America
- Law Referral Connect
- Search Monster
- AP Sense