Truck Accident LawyersSt. Louis and Illinois
You’ve been involved in a truck accident, you’re hurt, and you need help. Our truck accident lawyers are here for you.
Truck Crash Lawyers in St Louis, MO. Burger Law is a personal injury law firm that has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of truck accidents. When truck drivers break the rules of the road and injure or kill fellow motorists, Gary Burger and associates hold them accountable for their actions.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Louis have set themselves apart in the defense of St. Louis residents and fight diligently for their rights, and are prepared and willing to fight for your rights and recovery, even if that means taking your claim before a judge and jury. Your life and your recovery are important, so don’t settle for anything less than 100% of what you deserve. Our St. Louis Truck Wreck Lawyers are ready to take on your claim to ensure that you get 100% of everything you need.
If you’re hurt, and you need help, it’s important to call our Truck Accident Lawyers as soon as possible. In a truck accident case, every second counts, and the more time our lawyers have to fight for your rights the better the chance is that our team will get you 100% of the recovery and compensation that you are owed. Call our team now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your truck accident case today.
Truck Accident Lawyer St. Louis – Recent Victories
With any type of legal claim, results matter. You want to know that your giving your case to the best possible lawyer, and the they’re going to fight hard to make sure you get 100% of the recovery and compensation you deserve. A Truck Accident Lawyer saying they’re the best is one thing, a lawyer with client testimonials and results that can prove it is another. Here are several of our most recent victories as well as client testimonials:
- $305,000 Settlement in Southern Illinois Truck Accident
- $5,000,000 Settlement after fatal accident involving a tractor trailer
- $0-205,000 After Truck Accident in Waterloo IL
- $200,000 Settlement after fight with trucking company
- $222,000 Settlement after equipment falls out of truck on I-55
The Truck Accident Lawyers at Burger Law have tried and won many truck accident cases involving distracted driving, intoxicated drivers, multiple vehicle truck crashes, traffic light, lane usage and right of way violations, improper vehicle maintenance, excessive weight hauling, and more. Here at Burger Law, our team of truck accident lawyers aggressively investigate and litigate truck accident cases to get victims large monetary recoveries.
What Can I recover from my Truck Accident Claim?
A Truck Accident can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident. Under MO and IL laws, you can recover your lost wages and bills. Our Truck Accident Lawyers can help you recover these items:
- You can financially recover any costs that you incurred while seeking medical care that is appropriate and needed for the treatment of your injuries.
- Any wages you lost because of an absence of work due to your injuries.
- Court fees, legal fees, and any costs related to the trial or the case.
- Medical treatment and compensation for pain, suffering, and the loss of any limbs or loss of use of the limbs.
You are entitled to every dollar you had to spend for your injuries, and that includes all of the items stated above. You never asked to be out of work, to be traumatically injured, or to have to deal with the intense pain you are now struggling to manage. You shouldn’t have to fight to get the recovery you are owed, it should be given to you. Our Truck Accident Lawyers will see that you get every dime that you deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyers – Help With Your Truck Accident Case
Gary Burger, one of the most accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Greater St. Louis area, works hard to educate his clients and all truck accident victims. He has compiled and personally authored numerous resources which we have made available to individuals for free to assist them in getting the best possible outcome in their truck accident cases.
Choose a truck accident lawyer for your case who is experienced, knowledgeable, and willing to help. The Burger Law firm will only accept your case if we know we can add value to it. The Burger Law case resources such as a database offrequently asked questions, a blog, and other resources all available online. In addition, your truck accident lawyer Gary Burger has published a book to guide you through your auto accident case, which is now available to read for free online.
Truck Accident Lawyer St. Louis – Resources to help with your Truck Accident
Truck Accidents are traumatic events. Knowing what to do when one happens can absolutely make the difference in your case, however, it can be hard to make the right choices when you’re still in shock from the accident. Our team has compiled two books regarding Truck accidents that you can reference and read through to make sure you’re prepared in the event of an accident.
St. Louis Truck Accident Lawyer
Although truck drivers are legally required to follow the laws and regulations of both the United States Department of Transportation and the Missouri Department of Transportation, they sometimes do not. An accident that results can lead to serious injuries and property damage. In these cases, where one may expect the insurance company to help out, they often look out for themselves and their bottom lines instead — denying claims or offering small financial assistance that may not cover the medical bills. To fight for the compensation you deserve, consult with a compassionate and capable St. Louis truck accident attorney with Burger Law. We offer free consultations and drive to you if you cannot come to one of our offices.
Our personal injury attorneys take pride in fighting for the injured and can assist in negotiating with the insurance companies on your behalf. We offer personalized attention and an individualized approach to each case or claim. We prepare every case for trial. Call today to learn more or discuss your claim with the most Google reviewed personal injury firm in the St. Louis area.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck crash that was caused by a negligent truck driver, it’s important to hire Gary Burger and associates to resolve your truck accident case. Trucking companies and their insurers will attempt to get away with paying out small amounts to truck accident victims, often leaving people with severe injuries and without fair compensation for their medical bills and financial damages resulting from the accident. The truck accident attorneys of Burger Law can protect you from insurance companies who will try and take advantage of you, and there are no fees if no recovery!
Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
Experienced and Dedicated Accident Lawyers Fighting for your Recovery
When the truck crash lawyers of Burger Law represent your truck accident case, you’re being supported by over two decades of personal injury litigation experience. Burger Law will help you secure the largest possible compensation for your injuries and damages. We offer free case evaluations for truck accident victims in Missouri and Illinois. Gary Burger and his associates will work closely with your insurance company and medical care providers to make sure you’re being properly treated and that your truck accident case gets the attention it deserves. If you have recently been involved in a truck accident, it’s important to hire Burger Law as soon as possible so that our truck accident lawyers can secure witness statements, interview involved officers, investigate the scene and take the additional steps in order to win your car accident case.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
Federal and State Regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers must follow. Semi truck drivers have the same duties and obligations as other drivers—namely, to operate their vehicles as a reasonable person would and to exercise the highest degree of care towards other drivers. However, truck drivers have additional requirements and duties they must follow such as licensure, training, and hours of service. Truck Drivers must log their miles, drive only a certain amount of time, and must thoroughly maintain their vehicles. Here are several regulations every truck driver has to follow:
- Truck Drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck Drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and must stop after they’ve reached that limit.
- Tractor Trailers and other Commercial Vehicles must be properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial Vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of more requirments that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Regulations such as these were enacted to reduce the number of accidents caused by truck drivers. Your accident was caused by a negligent driver who broke one of these rules, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Louis use proven and effective methods to fight for our client’s rights, and we never settle for less than what our clients deserve. Legally, truck accidents are similar to other accidents on the road, and generally, fall under the comparative negligence rule. This means an injured party and their St. Louis truck accident lawyer will generally need to establish the defendant’s duty to care for their well-being, a breach of that duty, and that this breach caused an accident and resulting injuries. An experienced semi truck accident attorney can help explain this further. With our Truck Accident Law Firm, we will dedicate ourselves to obtaining 100% of your recovery.
The Frequency of Trucking Accident
Trucks can weigh as much as twenty to thirty times more than a standard car. Missouri Annotated Statute §304.170 to §304.260 provides that trucks can legally weigh up to 80,000 pounds. This weight differential is often a major reason for accidents that cause injuries. Another reason semi trucks have such high crash rates is that they have large blind spots, which make it difficult for truck drivers to see other motorists. Other factors that can lead to truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Lack of driver training
- Driving while intoxicated
- Aggressive driving
Due to the sheer size and weight of the vehicles, truck accidents can be incredibly severe and debilitating to those involved — physically, emotionally, and financially. Contact a St. Louis truck accident attorney immediately following a truck crash and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Liability in Truck Accidents
Additional requirements for truck drivers complicate liability issues in truck accidents. In addition, accidents often involve multiple parties that may share liability, including the truck driver, other motorists, the semi truck company, the truck’s owner, and the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in St. Louis. St. Louis courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use St. Louis’ liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers.
Recovering Compensation for Truck Accidents in St. Louis
According to the United States Department of Transportation, the average costs associated with a non-fatal truck accident total $195,258. If there was a fatality associated with a truck accident, the cost jumps to over $3.5 million. This is one of the main reasons that semi truck drivers must carry more insurance than other drivers.
Truck accident victims may recover costs for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, disabilities, and pain and suffering. A St. Louis truck accident lawyer could help individuals pursue compensation for their injuries.
Importance of Consulting a St. Louis Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love was injured in a semi truck accident in St. Louis, contact a St. Louis truck accident attorney that can advocate for you. We could collect the necessary evidence to build a personal injury case. Our compassionate semi truck accident lawyers could help you aggressively pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Call us today and let us get to work fighting for you.
Our St. Louis Truck Accident Lawyers are dedicated to providing the victims of truck crashes with expert legal advice and counseling. If you’ve been in a truck accident and believe that your accident may fall under another category, please choose from the below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading