Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in St Louis, MO
Burger Law represents Workers’ Compensation clients throughout the Greater St. Louis area and Missouri
Workers Compensation Law Firm in St Louis, MO. Every year thousands of Missouri workers are injured while on the job. If you’ve been hurt at work or, suffer from an injury caused because of work, you’re entitled to three types of compensation from your employer under the Missouri Workers Compensation Law.
The workers compensation lawyers at Burger Law specialize in workers’ compensation cases and have been extremely successful in recovering well for workers’ compensation victims in St Louis and surrounding areas. To find out if you’re receiving all of the workers’ compensation benefits that are provided to you under Missouri state law, contact Burger Law today. Gary Burger and his associates have the tools and experience to resolutely fight for the benefits you deserve after being injured at work.
St. Louis Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
Although it may seem straightforward, filing a workers’ compensation claim can be a complicated process and is often further made difficult by the injured parties relationship with the negligent party. However, those injured while on the job do have rights which should be addressed as soon as possible with an experienced St. Louis workers’ compensation lawyer.
It is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. You have just 30 days to notify your employer of your injury. Then, you must undergo a complex claims procedure that can be difficult to manage alone. Instead of pursuing a claim by yourself, contact a St. Louis personal injury lawyer for help. At Burger Law, our experienced attorneys offer legal guidance and personal attention at every step of the process. Call today to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys. If you can’t come to us, we will come to you. Call the personal injury law firm with the most Google reviews in the St. Louis area today and learn how we may help you.
More often than not insurance companies get away with not paying the total amount of injured workers’ medical bills, cheating employees out of their lost wages, and arguing that they don’t owe any money for injured workers’ lump sum payments. Gary Burger and his associates know how insurance companies work, and it is our understanding that an injured worker cannot fully recover for their claim without hiring an employment lawyer who regularly litigates workers’ compensation cases, has a good winning success rate, properly prepares for trial and works with medical experts to support the worker’s claims. If you’ve been injured at work and are looking to file a claim, the workers’ compensation attorneys are prepared to help.
Why Should Burger Law Handle Your Workers Compensation Claim?
- Our lawyers can travel to you to discuss your case
- Burger Law is backed by decades of experience with workers compensation
- We offer case evaluations at NO CHARGE
- Burger Law is listed as Top National Trial Lawyers
- Regardless of accident, we can handle your claim
- There are no fees unless we recover for you
- Our injury attorneys are recognized Super Lawyers
- Workers Compensation cases receive personalized attention
- We are dedicated to recovering well for our clients
- Our representation is aggressive and results prove it
Workers Compensation Attorney St. Louis, MO
As a Worker, You Have Rights
State law requires most St. Louis businesses to carry worker’s compensation insurance. This insurance coverage is intended to protect employees if they suffer an injury at work. Workers’ compensation laws require any St. Louis businesses with five or more employees to provide this insurance coverage. While there are some exceptions to this law, most workers have the right to pursue a workers’ compensation claim if they sustain an injury or develop an illness while doing their job.
What benefits can an injured employee seek? Workers’ compensation insurance typically provides partial wage replacement benefits as well as medical care. People seeking compensation can file a claim instead of suing their employer in a personal injury case. In fact, most of those who suffer an injury at work are legally prohibited from suing their employer and must file a workers’ compensation claim to receive any benefits.
Burger Law helps injured workers recover their full benefits under Missouri’s Workers’ Compensation laws. Gary Burger and associates have represented many injured workers to maximize their recovery. Our workers compensation lawyers personally file claims, fight for medical care, ensure disability payments are timely made, file and try hardship hearings and work with your employer and insurance company to get the benefits to which you are entitled. For any work injury, you get:
- Your medical care authorized and medical expenses paid by your employer.
- Two-thirds (⅔) of your average weekly wage while you cannot work.
- A lump sum (and tax-free) disability payment for permanent partial disability (PPD) or permanent total disability (PTD).
Work Comp Lawyer St. Louis, MO
What Steps to Take When You Are Injured at WorkWhen you become injured at work, the injury itself can be the least of your worries. The St Louis workers compensation attorneys at Burger Law specialize in making sure that the employer respects your rights under Missouri Workers’ Compensation law. Follow these steps to ensure that we can get you the recovery you deserve:
- Provide notice to the employer. Under the statute, this notice must occur immediately after the injury has occurred. Your claim can be weakened if you do not tell the employer right away, although the St. Louis area workers’ compensation attorneys at Burger Law can still work with you if you did not. Tell the employer to fill out a written report of this notice. They have to do this, even if they do not believe you.When providing notice to the employer, make sure to record the name of the supervisors who you reported the injury to. Also, write down the names of any witnesses and their phone numbers or other contact information. Keep track of your days missed from work and out-of-pocket expenses in a log so that your St. Louis area workers’ compensation attorney at Burger Law can help get those expenses back.
- Get medical treatment for your injury. Missouri law requires the employer to provide you with medical treatment, but there is a catch – the employer must first authorize the doctor to provide treatment. If the employer has not authorized the doctor to provide treatment, the employer will not pay for that treatment.Once the authorization has been given, the company doctor will decide what treatment you need. Make sure to report all aches and pains to the doctor, because sometimes the doctors who the employer has chosen will under prescribe treatment. The St. Louis area workers’ compensation attorneys at Burger Law specialize in dealing with this problem to get you the treatment you deserve – physical therapy, medications, CAT scans, MRIs, crutches, splints, surgeries, therapy or anything else that will help injured workers make a full recovery.
Workers’ Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO
Workers Compensation BenefitsSt. Louis area workers’ compensation attorneys at Burger Law have recovered millions of dollars, including benefits for workers’ compensation. There are three types of benefits that injured workers can receive with the help of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer, like Gary Burger or one of his expert associates:
- Lost Wages: Injured workers are due two-thirds (⅔) of the value of their wages while they are treated for their injuries. If an employer can provide the employee with labor that can be completed while on restrictions imposed by the treating doctor than the employee must perform that newly assigned task until the restriction is lifted. Employers sometimes play games with job assignments for their injured workers by reassigning them to tasks that do not comply with the restrictions. Even worse, workers are sometimes fired for exercising their rights under workers’ compensation laws. Both of these behaviors are illegal. The award-winning trial attorneys at Burger Law know how to deal with these games and will take employers to task for them so that injured workers can get the recovery they are owed under the law.
- Medical Expenses: Missouri law requires that injured workers receive compensation for any medical expenses incurred as a result of workplace injury. As explained above, employers generally have the right to choose the doctor that you will go see. However, the experienced St. Louis area workers’ compensation attorneys at Burger Law have been successful in the past with getting workers treatment by a physician of their choosing for some treatment, including for the more involved procedures, like surgeries. Though it can be a difficult case to make, if you want treatment by your own provider you need to get aggressive representation like that at Burger Law.
- Lump sum: The employer is only required to pay you for lost wages and medical expenses until you reach your maximum medical improvement. When the law says you will not get any better, the employer is no longer obligated to pay you any disability payments. At that point, the employer will offer you a settlement that is intended to compensate you for any diminishment in your capacity to work for the remainder of your life as a result of sustaining workplace injury.Aggressive St. Louis area workers’ compensation attorneys at Burger Law have recovered millions of dollars, including large workers’ compensation settlements. This payment represents the last time the employer will compensate you for your injury, and with one of our experienced trial lawyers on your side, you know you can expect the best possible result: a large payment to help deal with your injury.
Worker’s Compensation Death Benefits
Sadly, many workplace accidents turn fatal. If a worker dies due to a job-related injury, their family may be able to seek worker’s compensation death benefits. Specifically, the deceased worker’s surviving spouse and minor children may be able to file a benefits claim for up to $5,000 in burial costs and a portion of the worker’s weekly wages. Generally, surviving family members may receive these financial benefits until the children reach adulthood, or until the spouse dies or remarries.
Proving that an employee’s death was the result of a worksite injury or job-related illness is tough. To make matters more difficult, surviving family members must meet certain notification and filing deadlines to pursue a claim. A St. Louis workers’ compensation lawyer can help grieving family members seek death benefits, which can mitigate devastating financial losses.
Appealing a Claim Denial
Whether an injured worker files a workers’ compensation claim, or a surviving family member files a death benefits claim, the insurance company may deny their claim for no good reason. The workers’ compensation system is notoriously complicated because so many employers and their insurance companies deny legitimate claims.
Someone facing a claim denial can appeal that decision with the help of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. When a lawyer steps in on a worker’s behalf, they can navigate the dysfunctional worker’s compensation system and fight for the employee’s benefits.
How St. Louis Workers’ Compensation Attorney Can Help Injured Employees
Did you recently suffer an injury at work? You could be entitled to cash and medical benefits during your recovery period. The rigorous claims process can be difficult to handle alone while recovering from an injury or illness. Instead, call an experienced St. Louis workers’ compensation attorney for help with your claim.
A seasoned lawyer will understand the common pitfalls of the workers’ compensation system and can fight for your benefits. Call now to speak with a St. Louis workers’ compensation lawyer about your claim.
Bikes for Kids Giveaway
Help Burger Law reward a child who is passionate about giving back to their community. Nominate a child who you think has made a difference in our local community to win a brand new bike. Visit our bike giveaway page to learn more.
Our Workers Compensation Lawyers are dedicated to providing workers compensation clients with expert legal advice and counseling. If you’ve been in a work accident and believe that your accident may fall under another category, please choose from the below.
- We recently settled a Workers’ Compensation claim that was a battle from the beginning. Our client Gregg was a long-time employee of James Mulligan Printing, Co. While lifting a stack of paper to put into a printing press, he felt a pull and tear in his left shoulder. Ultimately, doctors diagnosed him with bicipital tendinitis […]Continue Reading
- Our client Sandi was a long time manager of Circle K stores in our area. On Pearl Harbor Day 2016 she visited a store when she slipped and fell. An employee had mopped the area but did not use a degreaser – instead made it the floor more slick. In the fall, Sandi injured both […]Continue Reading
- $125,000 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Permanent Disability We represented Tim G. in a Worker’s Compensation claim he made against St. Louis Community College. Tim was a groundskeeper for the College for many years, but became injured and developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (“CRPS” also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, or “RSD”). This syndrome caused him […]Continue Reading
- $40,000 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Foot and Hand Injury Our client Tim P. is an ex-Marine and construction worker. He was injured twice on the job in separate incidents. In one incident, a trailer fell on his foot causing a crush injury. In another, he lost the tip of his index finger. Through time and […]Continue Reading
- $32,500 Worker’s Compensation Settlement for Back and Foot Injury We represented Jonathan P. when he was injured twice on the job at Autozone. In one incident, he was carrying a heavy box of rotors to a delivery car and injured his back. In another injury, some wires were draped across a walkway and he tripped […]Continue Reading
- Workers Comp Settlement We recently settled a shoulder surgery workers’ compensation case for $50,000. This was even more than my demand sent last summer. The client hurt his shoulder, had surgery and went back to work without restrictions. When the employers’ insurance company didn’t settle, we got a disability rating for our client. This rating […]Continue Reading
- We represented Kelli in a Workers Compensation case for an injury she suffered at the Burning Man Festival in Blackrock City, Nevada. How did we win this claim in Missouri for a Burning Man volunteer? In 2014 Kelli attended her 7th festival and was official appointed a “ranger” who protects revelers at the end of […]Continue Reading
- Gary Burger settled a case for a client who was injured when he pulled on a rope while working on a barge on the Mississippi river. We initially pursued the case as a Jones Act case, but were unsuccessful. We converted the case to a Longshore Act case and pursued it in Federal Administrative Procedure. […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement despite difficulties created by the victim being injured on federal land. The defense team tried the case into federal court by using a statute, but Gary defeated their legal arguments and kept the case in state court where his client would get […]Continue Reading
- Our client broke his wrist. The wrist is a complicated structure. When treating a broken wrist, special care must be taken to determine the type of break and its effect on the surrounding nerves and tissue. Our client had a dislocated lunate – his bone impinged on a nerve and there was a small window […]Continue Reading