Workers' compensation insurance in Missouri exists to help injured workers get critical benefits to help them through the aftermath and healing process after a work injury or other condition that leaves them unable to do their work as normal. Often, Missouri workers injured on the job are able to file workers' comp claims on their own and are able to receive the benefits they are entitled to. Others are not so lucky. When there are complications with your claim, you must find a qualified workers' compensation lawyer you can trust to help you in your fight for a full recovery. Burger Law's Missouri workers' comp lawyers in St. Louis demand and obtain full benefits for injured workers. If you need a lawyer for your workers' comp claim, call us right away at or fill out this form.
When You Need a Workers' Compensation Lawyer
You should hire a workers' comp lawyer if any of the following are true for you.
- Your claim is denied or disputed. Your employer may deny your claim or dispute its legitimacy in an attempt to avoid having to pay your benefits. If your employer claims that your injury or your position is not covered by Missouri workers' compensation, denies that an injury took place while you were working, or otherwise disputes the legitimacy of your claim or unfairly delays a decision, you may need a skilled litigator and negotiator to act as your St. Louis workers' compensation lawyer. Burger Law stands up to insurance companies and employers when they try to take advantage of our clients.
- You do not trust the employer's doctors. Some physicians that have been specified and approved by your employer may provide care or opinions that you do not agree or feel comfortable with. They may clear you to return to work quickly before you believe it is safe or might fail to send you to a specialist for a very specific injury. If you do not agree with the treatment available through your employer's doctors, a St. Louis workers' compensation lawyer may be able to fight to get you coverage of medical bills for quality providers not selected by your employer.
- There are complications. If your claim is at all complicated due to things like preexisting conditions, additional third-party claims, or your employer's failure to pay for the required Missouri workers' comp insurance, you should not go it alone. From handling the paperwork to knowing the true value of your claim and demanding fair payment, Burger Law's workers' comp attorneys will guide you.
- Your symptoms are gradual and get worse over time. Some injuries and other effects of workplace injuries do not present immediately. You have long-term or permanent effects from your injury that you do not immediately realize. With a lawyer familiar with workers' comp claims, you can make sure that you present your injuries in their entirety and demand compensation for the full and lasting effects of those injuries.
- You are a victim of retaliation. Laws prohibit an employer from retaliating against an employee for filing a workers' compensation claim. You cannot be punished for attempting to collect the benefits you are entitled to receive. Unfortunately, though, this practice still occurs. If your employer punishes you for filing a workers' comp claim by firing you, forcing you to do work that is unsafe for your condition, threatens you or engages in other retaliatory behavior, you need the protection of an effective St. Louis workers' compensation lawyer. Burger Law stands up to bullies and will make sure your employer does not get away with retaliating against you for attempting to collect your benefits.
Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer St. Louis, Missouri
If you have been injured at work and have a Missouri workers' comp claim, you want to make sure you do it right and have a chance to collect the full sum of benefits you deserve. Some injured workers can collect workers' comp benefits with no issues at all, but others will not recover their full benefits without a skilled attorney representing them. If you have a workers' compensation claim and are not sure whether you need a lawyer, ask Burger Law! Our St. Louis workers' compensation lawyers are available for a free consultation to review your case for free and determine whether you need the help of our skilled workers' compensation lawyers. Get your free consultation now at .