Medical Malpractice LawyerSt. Louis and Illinois
You trusted a doctor or health physician, and now you’re hurting even worse. We can help.
We trust that doctors know what’s best for us. They’re supposed to provide us with a plan of action to stay healthy, or inform us when we have a life-threatening disease. But what can we do when a doctor gives us bad information? What are we to do when they make a grievous mistake during surgery? What options do we have to hold the doctors accountable?
Burger Law is an aggressive and dedicated Personal Injury Law Firm in St. Louis with an exceptional record of success in fighting negligent doctors and hospitals. You trusted that the doctor had your health and well being at the top of their concerns, but through their negligence they only made it worse. Now you need help to make it right. Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Louis can help you get the care and compensation you deserve, and can also make sure that the doctor is held fully liable for their mistakes that have harmed you.
If you need help with a medical malpractice claim, and you want to make sure that your case is taken seriously and pursued by professional personal injury lawyers in St. Louis, call or contact our team at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We don’t charge any fees for our consultations, and we never ask for any attorneys fees unless we win your medical malpractice lawsuit.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer St. Louis – Recent Success
With any type of legal claim, results matter. You want to know that your giving your case to the best possible lawyer, and the they’re going to fight hard to make sure you get 100% of the recovery and compensation you deserve. A Medical Malpractice Lawyer saying they’re the best is one thing, a lawyer with client testimonials and results that can prove it is another. Here are several of our most recent victories as well as client testimonials:
- $200,000 Medical Malpractice Settlement
- Doctor Negligence leads to Settlement
- $1,000,000 Sepsis Settlement
- $900,000 Medical Malpractice Settlement
- Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice Claim
You think that a doctor committed medical malpractice in your care. What now?
Here is a quick video explaining whether or not you have a medical malpractice case:
For your case to constitute medical malpractice there are several acts that the doctor, hospital, or health professional had to have made for it to be a legal medical malpractice case. Here are several examples:
- A Doctor-Patient relationship has to be established – The only way you can bring a case against a doctor or health professional is if you were actually a patient under their care.
- The Doctor must have acted negligently in regards to your care – For the case to continue, the doctor must have acted negligently and acted in ways that another doctor of similar training would not have.
- The Doctor’s negligence has to have injured you – The doctor’s actions must lead to you being further injured. If the doctors negligence didn’t cause you any injuries, you’re case will be difficult to win.
- The Doctor’s negligence and your injury led to specific damages – You must have sustained damages relating to the actions of the doctor, hospital, or health professional. If you can verify that your damages do indeed stem from the negligent actions of the doctor or hospital, your case has legal bearing and can continue.
If you have any questions about these steps, what other factors can be used to expose medical negligence and medical malpractice, or if you need to speak with our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Louis now, feel free to call our team at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We don’t charge any fees for our consultations, and we never ask for any attorneys fees unless we win your medical malpractice lawsuit.
Burger Law is a Medical Malpractice Law Firm that has helped hundreds of victims of medical malpractice recover from a complete range of medical malpractice cases involving negligent doctors, hospitals, nurses, nursing homes and other medical providers. If you’re looking for a medical malpractice lawyer in St Louis, or in any other area of Missouri or Illinois, Burger Law has the experience, knowledge, and success rates to help you win your medical malpractice case.
St. Louis Medical Malpractice Lawyers
When the negligence of a doctor or hospital harms you or a loved one, it is imperative to hold them responsible with the help of a St. Louis medical malpractice lawyer. Gary Burger and his associates, the Burger Law firm, have been able to successfully recover compensation for hundreds of victims involved in a complete range of medical malpractice cases involving negligent doctors, hospitals, nurses, nursing homes and other medical providers. If you’re looking for a medical malpractice lawyer in St Louis, or in any other area of Missouri or Illinois, our St. Louis injury attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and success rates to help you fight your medical malpractice case.
We understand the pain and suffering that can occur with a medical malpractice case. In addition to handling the aftermath of what went wrong, mounting medical bills often become a major cause of concern and stress. We are aggressive in our approach and treat every case as if it will go to trial. We offer free consultations. If you cannot come to one of our offices, we can travel to your home to meet with you. Time is of the essence in medical malpractice cases. Call our experienced and compassionate attorneys at Burger Law today to learn more.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer St. Louis, MO
Can I sue if the doctor makes an error in my surgery?
Missouri Statute 516.105 dictates the limitations and actions you can take in Medical Malpractice Claim in Missouri. If you, or someone you love has been treated negligently by a doctor, you do have rights to recover the damages and harm that you were put through. Doctors should always make the best decisions regarding your health, and they should only advise you if they have the knowledge to in that field of medicine. When a doctor acts outside of their scope, or performs a surgery or medical procedure without providing the due care of skills required for that surgery, then errors can happen.
- Burger Law has recovered for clients injured by a large variety of medical malpractices including physician negligence, nurse errors, nurse aid mistakes, failure to diagnose cancer, infection and other maladies, surgery errors and diagnostic errors.
- Our medical malpractice attorneys are highly experienced in claims against internists, emergency room physicians, and specialists such as radiologists, obstetricians, and eye doctors.
- Burger Law has represented medical malpractice victims with injuries including brain trauma, eye injuries, infection, surgery errors, heart or vein conditions, and many others that lead to permanent injury and even death.
Medical negligence can cause significant damages, including those for disability, loss of income, financial harm, further medical care, and pain and suffering. The seasoned medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law can help you get the recovery you deserve. There are short time limitations to pursue a medical malpractice case of two years. Don’t settle for less! Get on the road to recovery by contacting Burger Law at (314) 542-2222 or completing our online contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Malpractice
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- When Can You Sue a Nursing Home?
- What are the 10 Most Common Personal Injury Claims?
- What Should You Do If Your Loved One has Bedsores After a Nursing Home Stay or Hospital Visit?
- Can I Sue My Child is Injured During Labor?
- Can I Sue for a Doctor Failing to Obtain Consent?
- Super proud to settle part of a medical malpractice case for the Irving Family. We settled part of the case as some defendants accepted responsibility. We will continue to pursue the ones who have not. See the video below...Continue Reading
- Here’s a scary story with Halloween coming up. Our client Roy goes to Wal-Mart on May 20, 2016, for new eyeglasses, He sees Dr. Kenton McWilliams and complains his left eye is painful and tearing, McWilliams treats Plaintiff with...Continue Reading
- We represented Connie’s family in a medical malpractice and wrongful death claim. We fought hard and worked the case up to within 10 days of trial. The terms of the resolution are confidential. Connie lived in Franklin County, Missouri...Continue Reading
- It is estimated that between 28 and 50% of the 1 million people who contract sepsis each year die. Many times the sepsis has gone undiagnosed for too long, and then not treated in a rapid manner with antibiotics...Continue Reading
- A 40-year-old diabetic woman with cataracts in both eyes has reached a $900,000 confidential settlement with a St. Louis County doctor whom she said performed unnecessary surgery that left her legally blind in one eye. Plaintiff’s attorney Gary Burger...Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Timothy Frymire in a wrongful death and medical malpractice action against a general medical practice in Wayne County, Missouri. Tim was a wonderful young man who died on August 1, 2013 at the age of 20....Continue Reading
- Our client here was seriously injured when an emergency room did not properly treat her brain aneurysm. By providing a spinal tap, the injury could have been averted. That treatment would also have resulted in the patient being retained...Continue Reading
- We represented the wife and family of Steven Jones, a gentlemen who went to Barnes Hospital because he was having chest pains and associated symptoms. They failed to do appropriate studies to diagnose him. He did not have a...Continue Reading
- Katherine Bendyke should have been diagnosed with cancer and her primary doctor failed to make the correct diagnosis and treat her for her cancer. This caused her to significantly lose her chance to survive this, and she ultimately did...Continue Reading
- We recently settled the case for Peccola Tippett, who was dropped and sustained injuries at a local nursing home. Peccola was in her eighties and had significant health issues. However, she should not have been dropped. This caused a...Continue Reading
- We represented the daughter of Sonja Douglas. She was taking Fentanyl prescribed by Janssen Pharmaceuticals pursuant to doctor’s orders. Fentanyl is a highly effective and toxic pain reliever that is put in patches and stuck to the skin and...Continue Reading
- We represented the family of Robert Althage, who died because of St. Louis-based KV Pharmaceuticals and Ethex Corporation’s failure to put the right amount of morphine in their morphine sulfate tablets. These drugs were recalled by KV Pharmaceuticals and...Continue Reading
- Gary Burger represented the family of a child who had hip dysplasia in a medical malpractice case. This occurred because her physician did not do a hip-click test as he should when the child was in early development. This...Continue Reading
- We settled this case while picking the jury on the first day of trial. It was challenging because our client had committed suicide while on suicide watch at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center. The physician had prescribed her lethal...Continue Reading
- Burger Law represents families of children affected by cerebral palsy, when caused by the negligence of the doctor during delivery. Sometimes during delivery, a doctor will not adequately and properly monitor whether a child is in distress and/or is...Continue Reading
- After a cesarean section birth, the plaintiff’s surgeon left a sponge in her abdomen. This was not diagnosed for seven days after her surgery, despite x-rays that were incorrectly read by the radiologist who misidentified the surgical sponge left...Continue Reading
- Gary Burger settled Rebecca and Joshua Aubuchon v. Arthur Casey, a medical malpractice case in the City of St. Louis, Missouri. We pursued this case because Dr. Casey violently yanked and pulled on Joshua during delivery. The nurses immediately...Continue Reading
- Our client broke his wrist. The wrist is a complicated structure. When treating a broken wrist, special care must be taken to determine the type of break and its effect on the surrounding nerves and tissue. Our client had...Continue Reading
- Gary Burger settled a medical malpractice case for over $1 million. Our client, Kelly Sinn, was diagnosed with, but not properly treated for, a brain aneurysm. Kelly went to a Southern Illinois emergency room and the ER doctor diagnosed...Continue Reading