Car Accident Lawyers in St Louis, MO
Auto Accident Attorney in St Louis, MO. Burger Law is a personal injury law firm in St Louis that has successfully recovered millions of dollars to compensate injury victims. Gary Burger and associates are experienced in winning personal injury cases involving severe auto accidents, drunk driving, hit and run accidents, uninsured motorists, automotive product defects, and more. When a driver breaks the rules of the road and injures another person, they should be responsible for paying for their negligence. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, your case likely has difficult legal, insurance and damage issues that require a seasoned car accident attorney to resolve. Gary Burger and associates can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. To get started on your recovery, call Burger Law at (314) 542-2222 or complete our online contact form.
Many people who are injured in car accidents pursuit their car crash claims directly with insurance companies believing that they will be fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. In actuality, insurance companies attempt to get away with paying out as little as possible to car accident victims, often not covering all of the expenses acquired from the accident. Gary Burger and his associates can protect you from insurance companies who will try and get you to settle for less! Burger Law has the experience and resources necessary to handle your car accident claim, and our car accident lawyers will stand with you every step of the way.
When you allow Gary Burger and associates to represent you and your car accident case, you’re being backed by over 24 years of experience in the personal injury law industry. Here at Burger Law, we offer free case evaluations and our car crash attorneys are prepared to promptly get started on your car accident case. Gary Burger and his associates will coordinate with your insurance company and medical care providers to ensure your injuries are properly treated while your case is given the attention it deserves. The car crash lawyers of Burger Law will secure witness statements, interview police, take photos the scene and take any other necessary steps in order to win your car accident case.
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
When an auto accident occurs, extreme force can be put on the human body causing severe and potentially crippling injuries. In addition to medical bills, these injuries can have a number of financial, physical, and emotional consequences making it vital to take action right away.
While working with insurance may seem like a good idea at the time, it is important to remember that insurance companies are looking out for their own best interests and NOT yours. With this in mind, it is imperative to seek help from the experienced St. Louis car accident lawyers with Burger Law to advocate on your behalf and ensure that insurance companies do not take advantage of you.
People may think a car accident claim is straightforward. After all, insurance companies are supposed to be there to help everything move smoothly. Unfortunately, insurance companies may take advantage of unrepresented clients with their desires to come to a quick settlement, making it imperative to contact a St. Louis auto accident attorney immediately.
At Burger Law, our attorneys are dedicated to helping the injured. We will drive to you if you cannot come to our office. To learn more and begin the injury claims process, schedule a free consultation with the most Google reviewed personal injury law firm in St. Louis, Burger Law, today. Call or contact now and we can begin working on your case.
Car Accident Attorney St. Louis, Mo
Should I sue if I’ve been in a car accident?
The answer is going directly depend upon your accident, the severity of your accident, the injuries you incurred, and whether or not the insurance company is working with you. Here are a few key points to consider before taking any car accident claim to court:
- Is the Insurance Company working with you? – If the insurance company is paying for all of your medical bills and also seeing to the replacement of your vehicle and any lost wages, then you may not need to pursue a car accident claim. If they are not working with you, and are trying to get you to settle for partial medical coverage, or are trying to put blame on your for the accident, then you may need a car accident attorney.
- Will your Injuries require long-term medical care? – If you are seriously injured, and your injury will require medication, lengthy rehabilitation, or other needs required to bring you back to full health, then you may need an attorney to ensure you get all of the benefits you need in perpetuity.
- Is the other driver admitting to causing the accident? If the other driver refuses to admit they caused the accident, and is willing to fight you, then you absolutely need to speak to a car accident lawyer in St. Louis to protect your claim. If the other driver did admit responsibility, and they are cooperating, then you may not need a car accident lawyer.
If you are being taken care of, and all of your needs are being met chances are you can finish the claim by yourself without having to consult a lawyer. However, if you’re hurt, and the insurance company is fighting you and the other driver is seeking a claim against you then you absolutely have to speak with one of our Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis as soon as possible.
How Our Experience Can Benefit You
Insurance companies make profits by not paying out claims. However, a qualified St. Louis car accident lawyer is experienced in arguing the legal theory of the case and negotiating with insurance companies to get injured individuals the compensation they deserve.
Auto accident lawyers know that cases almost always use the legal theory of negligence since the at-fault driver usually did not mean to cause harm but did so nonetheless. Negligence carries a specific legal definition that the plaintiff bears the burden to prove in all car accident cases.
The plaintiff must demonstrate the defendant owed them a duty to care for their welfare. This is always true in a car accident case because all drivers assume a duty to care for all other people they may encounter on the road. A St. Louis car accident lawyer knows that the court will likely try to determine whether a driver breached this duty. If a driver received a ticket after the accident, the law will assume that they were at fault. A plaintiff must link their injuries to the accident, meaning, they could benefit from obtaining a doctor’s note as evidence to support their claim.
We know the questions to ask and stop at nothing when demanding the answers. We are passionate about fighting for the rights of the injured and offer individualized attention to each case we take.
Filing a Successful Auto Accident Claim
An auto accident claim begins the second the accident happens. And while it is also important for all plaintiffs to obtain prompt and thorough medical treatment, a car crash lawyer in St. Louis should be the next person an injured individual talks to.
Not only can an experienced lawyer obtain the evidence and resources necessary to obtain damages, but they can also help guide those injured through the legal process and make sure that the insurance companies don’t take advantage of you.
Scheduling a FREE Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer
People may think a car accident claim is straightforward. After all, insurance companies are supposed to be there to help everything move smoothly. Unfortunately, insurance companies may take advantage of unrepresented clients with their desires to come to a quick settlement. Insurance companies may even try to convince them the auto crash was their fault, and therefore they are entitled to nothing. A St. Louis car accident lawyer could protect you from these strategies. Car crash attorneys could gather all the evidence and form demand packages that ask for the full compensation you deserve.
Bikes for Kids Giveaway
Spring is here! Nominate a child in the community to win a brand new bike for our Bikes for Kids Giveaway. You can nominate someone now by visiting our giveaway page.
Our Car Accident Lawyers are dedicated to providing the victims of car crashes with expert legal advice and counseling. If you’ve been in a car accident and believe that your accident may fall under another category, please choose from the below.
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was in a car accident in 2011. We got the case in 2016 and (since the statute […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to the same parts of his body and we still recovered in both claims. He got $29k […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped him. Brad was in a terrible head-on collision and suffered several different injuries. Gary and the […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation case where he got hurt, and then his managers took action against him once he filed […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367 when he was rear ended by a driver who was going too fast attempting a lane […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s case, he suffered both property damage and physical damage. Gary and the Team were able to […]Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like Brad above, Daniel had significant medical from his accident. Daniel treated consistently with a physical therapist […]Continue Reading
- I represented Brad in his car accident claim. Brad was hit by a truck that swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and hit Brad head on. Brad had a passenger in his car and both were hurt pretty bad. Brad hurt his knee, ankle, and chest in the accident. He went to […]Continue Reading
- I take great pride in helping people in car wreck cases where the defendant is intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. It seems like defendants hire lawyers who get them out of the criminal case. Sometimes people get multiple drunk driving convictions. I tend to think that for every time a drunk driver is caught, they […]Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and strike a vehicle, pushing it into Chris’s vehicle. Chris then crashed into the median. We took […]Continue Reading
- Our client Brad was injured in a crash on September 5, 2017. Everybody’s nightmare – the defendant swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and crashed into our client head on. Brad was taken via ambulance from the scene of the accident to St. Anthony’s emergency room. He was bleeding from the laceration […]Continue Reading
- We recently settled a case for a client who was rear ended on the highway while caught in traffic by a driver who was not paying attention and driving at an excessive speed. The force of the crash then caused our client to rear end the driver in front of them. The client accumulated $7,000 […]Continue Reading
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car on the street beside you, sending one of the cars onto the sidewalk and onto you. […]Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car. The client had back injuries, and complained of back pain at the scene, stating he would […]Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway 270. […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading