Demand the recovery you deserve
Auto Accident Law Firm Jefferson County, MO
Auto Accident Law Firm Jefferson County, MO. Maximize your recovery after you have been injured in a car wreck. You need an auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO you can trust to fight the good fight on your behalf. Call Burger Law Jefferson County, MO auto accident law firm now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form for a free case review today.
Why You Need an Auto Accident Law Firm For Your Jefferson County, MO Claim
You have been seriously injured in an auto accident and suddenly your life is turned upside down. You are finding that the accident and the injuries it caused you impact your life in unforeseeable ways. You deserve some kind of compensation for all of this, and Missouri law says that for the damages you suffered in a car accident that was not your fault, you are owed payment. The other driver is clearly at fault and their insurance company calls you the next day to offer you a few hundred dollars to walk away today. And that is only if you are lucky. The insurance company might refuse to make any offer at all, instead questioning your behavior and blaming you for the accident.
In our position as a trusted Jefferson County, MO auto accident law firm, we are well-acquainted with these situations. The insurance company will be determined to avoid paying out policies if at all possible. They have a playbook of conniving methods to try to get out of their obligation to compensate victims. Your accident lawyer with Burger Law's auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO knows the insurance companies' tricks well and, more importantly, we know how to outmaneuver them.
As a team of hard-hitting trial lawyers, opposing insurance companies dread going up against us in court. A legal study found that auto accident and other personal injury victims who hired an auto accident lawyer to represent them received an average settlement of $77,600 compared to an average settlement of $17,600 for individuals without the help of an auto accident law firm. Even after paying the lawyer's legal fees, the injury victim with legal representation comes out many times ahead of those who go it alone.
You deserve to receive the full recovery that is necessary to make you whole again after being seriously injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident or any other type of auto crash. To get the complete settlement you deserve, you owe it to yourself to enlist the aide of a leading Jefferson County, MO auto accident law firm. For nearly 30 years, auto accident injury victims have trusted Burger Law's auto accident law firm based in Jefferson County, MO. Find out how we can use our skills and expertise for your recovery by calling us now at (314) 500-HURT.
What kind of damages can I recover with the help of a Missouri auto accident law firm?
When you have been injured in an auto accident in Jefferson County, MO because someone else broke the rules of the road, Missouri law gives you a chance to recover payment, whether through an out-of-court settlement or through a lawsuit judgment, for all of your damages. Damages refer to the losses, both literal and figurative, you have suffered because of the accident.
The negligent driver's insurance company will do everything in their power to get out of paying your full damages, whether they offer you a fraction of the sum to settle quickly or attempt to shift the blame of the accident on you. A respectable auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO will work hard to thoroughly examine all possible damages you may have suffered and value them accurately to come to an accurate calculation of your total damages. We look for damages such as:
- Past medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Lost ability to earn future wages
- Property damage
- Medical devices
- In-home care or assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Do not try to go it alone when pursuing damages for your car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident or other auto accident. It is only with the help of a Missouri auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO that you have a chance to recover the maximum compensation that truly restores you from your losses. Our auto accident lawyers know exactly what to look for to evaluate your claim and demand its full value from the defendant.
9 Most Common Types of Auto Accidents in Jefferson County, MO and Missouri
At the Jefferson County, MO auto accident law firm of Burger Law, we have dedicated our lives to helping injured Jefferson County, MO and Missouri residents receive justice and compensation for their injuries from car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and any other types of motor vehicle accidents. Each accident is different, and we use our experience, knowledge and expertise to conduct a full investigation into your Jefferson County, MO or Missouri car crash in order to hold the negligent parties responsible and deliver you the best possible financial recovery. As a leading, trusted auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO, we have seen every type of accident and have won even the toughest car accident injury claims. We even take on the most difficult auto accident cases that other Jefferson County, MO auto accident law firms refuse to take. Below are nine of the most common types of car accidents we see in Jefferson County, MO and Missouri.
- Head-On Collisions. Also called frontal collisions, these can cause especially devastating injuries as both cars are moving towards each other, usually at relatively high speeds. In 2019, head-on collisions accounted for 57 percent of all auto accident deaths. They are usually caused by drunk driving, distracted driving or drowsy driving.
- Hit and Runs. Hit and run accidents can be especially confounding as the liable party does not want to take responsibility for their actions. Common reasons someone may flee the scene of an accident are:
- They were drinking or impaired by drugs
- They have a warrant out for their arrest
- They do not have a license or have a suspended license
- They do not have insurance
- There is low lighting or no witnesses and they do not think they will be caught
- They were panicked
The police and your Jefferson County, MO and Missouri auto accident law firm are often able to track down the driver, or if the driver was panicked they may turn themselves in after they calm down. In cases where no one can locate the driver, you will need to file an uninsured motorist claim with your own insurance company.
- Rear End Collisions. Rear end collisions are the most frequent type of auto accident, and make up about 29 percent of all car crashes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that crashes are typically caused when the lead driver was driving at a slower speed, decelerated or came to a complete stop. Distracted driving is often the cause of rear end collisions. Drivers are supposed to keep enough room between them and the vehicle in front of them; however, there are certain cases where an experienced and skilled Jefferson County, MO-based Missouri auto accident law firm can hold the driver in front accountable:
- The lead driver merged in front of you without giving you enough space
- The lead driver turned in front of you too quickly or without enough space
- The lead driver was erratic due to impaired or reckless driving
- The lead driver reversed into your vehicle
Whether you were rear ended or collided with a car in front of you in one of the scenarios we have listed here, our experienced auto accident law firm will hold the right driver accountable and get you the recovery you deserve. Rear end collisions are a common cause of whiplash injuries, which can have long-term effects that require further medical treatment beyond a quick trip to a Missouri emergency room. An accomplished auto accident law firm like Burger Law will make sure you collect complete compensation for all of your medical needs.
- Intersection Accidents. About 40 percent of car crashes in the U.S. happen at intersections. These accidents occur when somebody runs a red light, tries to take an illegal or unsafe U-turn, signals improperly, is distracted or turns right on red without looking or too quickly. They are usually side impact collisions, which are responsible for 23 percent of deaths in auto accidents.
- Rollover Accidents. Despite rollover accidents only accounting for 2-3% of auto accidents each year, they account for over a third of all fatal highway crashes. While we may typically think of larger vehicles as being safer, drivers and passengers in SUVs, pickup trucks and vans are at a much higher risk of rolling over and experiencing serious injury or death. Rollover accidents are not always caused by driver error; icy roads or soft soil on shoulders can also cause a car to flip.
- Backing Up Accidents. These typically occur in parking lots and are often at low speeds, meaning they do not generally carry the same amount of risk of injury as other car crashes. Usually, fault will be placed on the driver of the car backing up, as moving vehicles have the right of way in parking lots and when backing out of a driveway.
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents. Crashes involving multiple vehicles can be catastrophic, as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and flung into other traffic. They typically occur when one vehicle hits another, and other drivers cannot or do not avoid being hit by or hitting the other vehicles. Determining liability can be incredibly complicated as it can be hard to know which driver is really to blame. The Jefferson County, MO-based auto accident law firm of Burger Law knows how to investigate the scene and work with our network of car crash experts to find the exact cause of your accident and determine who we need to hold accountable. As Missouri is an "at-fault" state, you will need the help of an experienced and knowledgeable car crash lawyer to make sure you receive a full financial recovery for your damages.
- Road Construction Accidents. We need construction to help keep our Jefferson County, MO and Missouri roads up-to-date and safe, but construction sites can be a danger in themselves if certain people do not follow the rules. Construction companies are legally required to cone or cordon off a construction site and place appropriate warning signage to ensure your safety. Additionally, misplaced equipment or debris such as barrels or metal on the road can cause accidents. Determining liability can be complicated, as the at-fault party may be the construction company or the local government. Suing the state of Missouri has specific processes that differ from typical personal injury claims. The auto accident law firm of Burger Law in Jefferson County, MO has over two decades of experience navigating the maze that is Missouri law. If you sustained an injury in a road construction accident, place your financial recovery in the trustworthy and capable hands of Burger Law's car accident lawyers.
Road construction accidents can also be dangerous - and sometimes fatal - for construction workers. Burger Law also has experience with winning maximum compensation for our Jefferson County, MO and Missouri clients in workers' compensation and construction site accident claims. If you or your loved one were injured while working on a construction site, call us at (314) 500-HURT now.
- Carpool and Rideshare Accidents. Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are ubiquitous on the Jefferson County, MO and Missouri roads. Their drivers are held to the same duty of care standards that any Missouri driver is. Typically, rideshare companies have three different policies depending on the circumstances of the accident:
- If the driver is "offline," meaning they are not working for the rideshare company at the time of their accident, you will have to bring a claim against the driver's personal auto insurance policy.
- If the driver is "online" but is still waiting for a passenger, meaning they are working but have not accepted a ride yet, you can make a claim with Uber and Lyft's own insurance policies. Their policy limits are $25,000 for property damage and $50,000 per person injured ($100,000) per accident.
- If the driver has accepted a ride, meaning they currently have a passenger or are on their way to pick them up, Uber and Lyft both have $1 million insurance policies for any damages the passenger or a pedestrian sustains.
Whatever type of car accident you were in, and however severe your injuries, you deserve to recover maximum compensation for all of your damages. When you hire the auto accident law firm of Burger Law, our talented and tenacious Jefferson County, MO car accident lawyers get started on your case right away and do not let up until we win your case. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, contact our Jefferson County, MO-based Missouri auto accident law firm today.
Our accomplished and passionate attorneys have a history of successful litigation in a variety of case types. Learn about our various practice areas below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Hire a Jefferson County, MO Auto Accident Law Firm Now | Burger Law
You deserve dedicated representation from a Missouri auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO that cares. The lawyers of Burger Law's auto accident law firm in Missouri treat every client and case with the same care as we would our own family. Our team of Jefferson County, MO auto accident lawyers has dedicated our combined 70+ years of litigation and trial experience to protecting the injured and vulnerable when they have been wronged by another person's negligence behavior.
Join the hundreds of Missourians who have trusted Burger Law as their auto accident law firm of choice in Jefferson County, MO. With the help of our Jefferson County, MO auto accident law firm, our clients have won their cases and recovered more than $170 in verdicts and settlements. We are the auto accident law firm that is there for you every step of the way and has the skill and knowledge necessary to make negligent motorists pay and get you the recovery you deserve.
Our auto accident law firm understands how stressful and confusing an auto accident claim in Missouri can be. Our experienced auto accident attorneys are here to fight on your behalf and have put together a number of free resources, information on Jefferson County, MO and Missouri courts and agencies, e-books on car accidents and other personal injury claims, a YouTube channel and more. We know Jefferson County, MO and Missouri auto accident cases and how to get you the recovery you deserve.
Call Burger Law's Jefferson County, MO Auto Accident Law Firm Now
Our Missouri auto accident law firm will fight fervently for your recovery in your Missouri auto accident injury case. We handle all parts of your claim so you can focus on what matters. You owe no fees until we win your case. Discuss your case with the experienced attorneys of our auto accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO now by calling (314) 500-HURT or contacting us online.