Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Arnold, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Arnold, MO. If you or a family member has been injured in a catastrophic bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents almost never get equal attention as plane or train accidents, even though the can oftentimes be equally as dangerous and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Arnold, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and follow the rules. When they break that trust and break the rules it can have terrible, sometimes permanent effects for you or your loved ones. Your Arnold, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make sure that you secure the best possible compensation that you are owed for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Arnold and throughout Missouri and fighting back against bullies like deceptive insurance companies and people who carelessly do not want to take responsibility for their thoughtless actions. Many Arnold, MO residents have put their claims and their futures in our accomplished hands, and to date we have secured for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their determination, devotion, tenacity, knowledge and experience to help right wrongs in personal injury cases and help Arnold, MO residents heal. You should not have to lose work, pay for exorbitant medical bills and also manage the emotional trauma of your injury only because somebody else did not respect the rules. If you or someone you care about has been harmed in a Arnold, MO bus accident, get in touch with the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We start working on your case immediately, and you do not owe us any fees until we win you the compensation you deserve.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Arnold, MO because of someone else's careless actions, discover how much your damages may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Arnold, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially powerless. After all, you were not the driver and you got on board the bus under the impression that that the adequate safety measures were obeyed. Arnold, MO bus companies and drivers have stringent rules they have a duty to respect, but sometimes they neglect those duties and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is frequently exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly heal from, may have lifelong consequences or in the worst cases can even cause wrongful death. The Arnold, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight on your behalf so you do not need to go it alone. When you hire us we get to work on on your case straight away, and work tirelessly until you receive the best possible compensation you are entitled to. We have seen every type of bus accident case and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Arnold, MO individuals and families into settling for less compensation than they deserve. Those Arnold, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the hard cases. Call us today and let the empathetic, seasoned and relentless bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
The legal process is complicated and can be difficult to comprehend for Arnold, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial skills of an accomplished bus accident attorney. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Arnold, MO bus accident attorney team, we manage every detail of your claim. You can expect a seasoned and talented bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the crash site as soon as possible. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time of the day or night in order to secure important evidence for your claim.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also sustained injuries in the crash or were close by. As buses carry multiple passengers, there are often a lot of people who want the same answers and compensation you seek. Eyewitness testimony is a essential part of proving your case.
- Collect further evidence such as tire marks, surveillance videos, police reports, as well as key details such as how long the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and maintenance was performed on the bus. Many different factors play a part in bus accidents, and your Burger Law Arnold, MO bus accident attorney will find out the "whys" of the crash and who needs to be held liable.
- Work alongside our network of Arnold, MO auto wreck and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and put a figure on exactly how much your injuries are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will utilize our know-how and expertise to ensure you collect it.
- Fight back against resistant Arnold, MO insurance companies who are more interested in their profits than your health. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and weasel their way out of their responsibility to compensate you. When you hire us, you can be sure those tricks will not work in your case.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement, we will use our finely honed litigation skills to secure you a full financial recovery for your damages.
Beyond that, our bus accident attorney team will be by your side the entire time. We manage all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We collect no attorneys fees until you are fairly compensated. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a ruinous bus accident, contact an expert and dedicated bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Because it takes so many people to operate a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to determine the cause of the accident before determining who caused your injuries. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Arnold, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every variety of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to determine what entity is liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Arnold, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that novice drivers under 25 years old, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver action. While the same study reported that just 4 percent of bus accidents were because of an egregious offense such as driving while intoxicated, another study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus collisions had been cited with driving errors, for instance, speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. Many bus drivers, particularly those that work for commercial bus lines such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles at all hours of the day or night, become sleepy and can even fall asleep behind the wheel. While most busing companies have specifications about how many hours a driver can drive during a day or how often they have to take a break, those regulations are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not obligated or obeyed.
- Road hazards. Given buses’ size and the difficulty of maneuvering them, icy roads or Arnold, MO construction areas can be particularly dangerous for bus riders. Occasionally a third party such as a construction company will be at fault. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you decide if that is the case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are overseen by regulatory bodies, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 people responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 trucks and buses, or a mere 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors typically cannot stay ahead of the quantity of inspections required. Some Arnold, MO bus companies do not properly maintain their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Additionally, bus companies are obligated to make sure that their drivers are adequately trained and are not overworked.
- Hazardous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can lead to a driver losing control and causing an accident. Some common examples are:
- Uneven pavement or cracks in the pavement
- Defective or missing traffic signals
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Inadequate lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Arnold, MO street, the better your odds of holding the negligent parties accountable. The at-fault party may be a local Arnold, MO government, or a third party whom the government paid to fix the problem but either did not do so quickly enough or did not correctly repair it.
Once your skilled Arnold, MO bus accident attorney confirm the cause of your wreck, they will be able to determine who is liable for your injuries and how to take the next steps toward delivering you maximum compensation. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found negligent in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Lines
Transportation buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their customers to look out for their safety. One aspect of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many hours in a day. In despite of saying that safety is their utmost priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules regarding driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically obliged to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to prevent drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is not often followed as too many breaks could result in financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study reported that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were owing to driver fatigue. Additionally, many Greyhound riders have said that their driver was eating when the accident transpired, which is an example of distracted driving.
Ensuring that Arnold, MO buses are adequately inspected and repaired and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also part of the bus company's duty. A bus accident may be the result of a bus company either failing to conduct routine maintenance or failing to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are particularly susceptible to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Lastly, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be properly licensed and trained, and should only be able to drive after passing strict background checks. Your Arnold, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will conduct a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash transpired.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have an obligation to ensure the safety of their products and swiftly issue recalls in the event of a faulty product. If they approve an inherently dangerous design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning correctly, they are guilty of product liability. While they might try to place the blame on somebody else, your Arnold, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure reckless parties are held responsible for their actions.
The Arnold or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can frequently be devastating because of the number of people involved and because they frequently transpire in metropolitan areas. While you can seek a financial recovery from the Arnold, MO government, there are particular procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in tort suits. If you want to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is essential to contact a Arnold, MO bus accident attorney straight away after your accident. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a liable or careless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a wreck due to negligence. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or talking, did not stop driving when they were feeling sleepy, did not pay attention to the Arnold, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the foolish decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you board a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that duty seriously and causes you injury, you can be confident that the committed and aggressive bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them accountable.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto accident, there are frequently two or more drivers, and in some instances they each may bear a portion of the blame. Another driver’s thoughtlessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can harm you. If you were hurt in a bus accident where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and seasoned Arnold, MO bus accident attorney will help you determine if they are at fault and if you can make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus crash in Arnold and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Arnold, MO may also be held accountable, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were especially dangerous or they did not perform adequate background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Arnold, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you collect in a bus accident case will generally be based on the severity of your injuries and the repercussions they have on your life. You may have gotten a sprained wrist that only required a quick trip to an emergency room in Arnold, MO and a short time off work. Or, you may have experienced a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the rest of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Arnold, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make certain that you receive a fair financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
We work alongside our network of medical and economic experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are owed, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However grave your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Arnold, MO bus accident attorney team will fight tirelessly to ensure that you recover maximum compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Arnold, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every category of bus accident case and know the incalculable anguish and calamitous effect it can have on your and the people you care about. Your Arnold, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is passionate, accomplished, straightforward and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and skills we have obtained over the past 20 years to secure you the the best possible recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, there is no time to wait. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case evaluation.