Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer in St Louis, MO
Burger Law represents Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Victims throughout Missouri and Illinois
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney in St Louis, MO. The personal injury lawyers of Burger Law specialize in all areas of personal injury law including carbon monoxide cases. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, poisonous and deadly gas. It’s produced by the incomplete burning of various fuels, including gasoline, propane, natural gas, coal, wood, oil and kerosene. Dangerously, carbon monoxide is produced by home heating units, portable generators, cars, and lawnmowers. Heating a home is not supposed to kill occupants – when it does, usually the furnace manufacturer, repair company, or gas company has done something terribly wrong. Early investigation is critical in proving who is responsible in these types of cases. If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, it’s important to hire the experienced carbon monoxide attorneys of Burger Law to represent your case. For your free case evaluation, contact Burger Law by calling (314) 542-2222 or completing our online contact form.
Why Should Burger Law Handle Your Carbon Monoxide Claim?
- Our lawyers can travel to you to discuss your case
- Burger Law is backed by decades of experience
- We offer case evaluations at NO CHARGE
- Burger Law is listed as Top National Trial Lawyers
- Regardless of accident, we can handle your claim
- There are no fees unless we recover for you
- Our injury attorneys are recognized Super Lawyers
- Carbon Monoxide cases receive personalized attention
- We are dedicated to recovering well for our clients
- Our representation is aggressive and results prove it
At Burger Law, we understand the seriousness of Carbon Monoxide and wish to share some valuable information with the public. Over the years, our carbon monoxide attorneys have been involved in many carbon monoxide poisoning cases. People may not know that they are being exposed to carbon monoxide because CO is odorless, colorless and otherwise undetectable to the human senses. The initial symptoms of low to moderate CO poisoning are similar to the flu (but without the fever), and may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Mental confusion
- Loss of muscular coordination
- Loss of consciousness
- Ultimately death
- Make sure that appliances are installed and operated according to the manufacturer’s instructions and local building codes. Most appliances should be installed by qualified professionals. Have the heating system professionally inspected and serviced annually to ensure proper operation. The inspector should also check chimneys and flues for blockages, corrosion, partial and complete disconnections and loose connections.
- Never service fuel-burning appliances without proper knowledge, skill and tools. Always refer to the owner’s manual when performing minor adjustments or servicing fuel-burning equipment.
- Never operate a portable generator or any other gasoline engine-powered tool either in or near an enclosed space such as a garage, house or other building. Even with open doors and windows, these spaces can trap CO and allow it to quickly build to lethal levels.
- Install a CO alarm that meets the requirements of the current UL 2034 safety standard. A CO alarm can provide some added protection, but it is no substitute for proper use and upkeep of appliances that can produce CO. Install a CO alarm in the hallway near every separate sleeping area of the home.
- Make sure the alarm cannot be covered up by furniture or draperies.
- Never burn charcoal inside a home, garage, vehicle or tent.
- Never leave a car running in an attached garage, even with the garage door open.
- Never use gas appliances such as ranges, ovens or clothes dryers to heat your home.
- Never operate unvented fuel-burning appliances in any room where people are sleeping.
- Do not cover the bottom of natural gas or propane ovens with aluminum foil. Doing so blocks the combustion air flow through the appliance and can produce CO.