Semi-Truck Accidents Broad Ripple, IN
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Broad Ripple, IN. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Burger Law’s Broad Ripple, IN, semi-truck crash attorneys help clients get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident attorneys in Broad Ripple, IN, today to get more information about our services. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Broad Ripple, IN
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Broad Ripple. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling an injury case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Broad Ripple, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Broad Ripple, IN, the most important things you can do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Broad Ripple, IN, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Usually, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Drinking and driving is never acceptable, neither is texting and driving. Our Broad Ripple, IN, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Broad Ripple, IN, can be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accident injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force happens when a vehicle strikes an object on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a serious medical condition that often results in death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a semi-truck accident in Broad Ripple, you need to speak with our attorneys to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Broad Ripple, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to Burger Law’s Broad Ripple, IN, semi-truck accident lawyers today for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by our Broad Ripple, IN, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. The injury will not just go away. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in Broad Ripple, IN, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?