Semi-Truck Accidents Brownsburg, IN
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Brownsburg, IN. The last thing you should worry about are depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters involving your case or claim. Burger Law’s Brownsburg, IN, truck crash attorneys help victims get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Brownsburg, IN, today to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Brownsburg, IN
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Brownsburg. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Brownsburg, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Brownsburg, IN, the most important things you should do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Brownsburg, IN, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Basically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Brownsburg, IN, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Brownsburg, IN, can be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a semi-truck accident in Brownsburg, you need to speak with our lawyers immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Brownsburg, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Brownsburg, IN, semi-truck accident lawyers today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a few resources created by Burger Law’s Brownsburg, IN, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Brownsburg, IN, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?