Semi-Truck Accidents Centerville, OH
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Centerville, OH. The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Burger Law’s Centerville, OH, truck accident lawyers help victims and their families get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a wreck. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Centerville, OH, now to see how we can help. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Centerville, OH
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Centerville. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Centerville, OH.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Centerville, OH, the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Centerville, OH, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Usually, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it’s important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Burger Law’s Centerville, OH, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Centerville, OH, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries occur due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it is not traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a serious medical condition that often results in death. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you have been involved in a semi-truck accident in Centerville, you need to speak with our lawyers to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Centerville, OH. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to Burger Law’s Centerville, OH, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Centerville, OH, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Centerville, OH, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?
- Do I have a case if my accident happened during bad weather?