Semi-Truck Accidents Greenwood, IN
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Greenwood, IN. The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Our Greenwood, IN, truck crash lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Greenwood, IN, now to get more information about our services. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Greenwood, IN
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Greenwood. We do not charge you with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling an injury case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Greenwood, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Greenwood, IN, truck accident, the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Greenwood, IN, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Our Greenwood, IN, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Greenwood, IN, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Greenwood, you need to speak with our attorneys to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Burger Law understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Greenwood, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to Burger Law’s Greenwood, IN, semi-truck crash lawyers today for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by our Greenwood, IN, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Any injury sustained during an accident should always be looked at by a trained physician. The injury will not just go away. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Greenwood, IN, so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?