Semi-Truck Accidents Independence, MO
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Independence, MO. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Burger Law’s Independence, MO, semi-truck accident lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to call one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in Independence, MO, now to get more information about our services. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Independence?
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Independence. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling an injury claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Independence, MO.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Independence, MO, truck accident, the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Independence, MO, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Basically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Luckily, our team is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are a few:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Our Independence, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Independence, MO, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accident injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that is not visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a semi-truck accident in Independence, you need to speak with our lawyers at once.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Independence, MO. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Independence, MO, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Independence, MO, auto accident attorneys. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
When you are injured in a truck accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are OK. The injury will not just go away. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Independence, MO, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?