Semi-Truck Accidents Kansas City, MO
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Kansas City, MO. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our Kansas City, MO, truck crash lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Kansas City, MO, today to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Kansas City, MO
When you are ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Kansas City. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Kansas City, MO.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Kansas City, MO, the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Kansas City, MO, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Fortunately, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are a few:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Kansas City, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Kansas City, MO, can be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that is not visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Kansas City, you need to speak with our attorneys to best protect your health and your recovery.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Kansas City, MO. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to our Kansas City, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Kansas City, MO, auto accident attorneys. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Kansas City, MO, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?