Semi-Truck Accidents McHenry County, IL
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers McHenry County, IL. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Our McHenry County, IL, truck accident lawyers help victims and their families get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in McHenry County, IL, now to see how we can help. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in McHenry County?
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in McHenry County. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in McHenry County, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in McHenry County, IL, one of the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important action you can take is to contact a local McHenry County, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are a few:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Our McHenry County, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in McHenry County, IL, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a serious medical condition that often results in death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a semi-truck accident in McHenry County, you need to speak with our attorneys immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to collect evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Protecting your accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in McHenry County, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact our McHenry County, IL, semi-truck accident attorneys today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by our McHenry County, IL, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
When you are injured in a truck accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are OK. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in McHenry County, IL, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?