Semi-Truck Accidents Owensboro, KY
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Owensboro, KY. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our Owensboro, KY, semi-truck crash attorneys help clients get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in Owensboro, KY, now to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Owensboro?
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Owensboro. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Owensboro, KY.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Owensboro, KY, the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Owensboro, KY, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Typically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving. Burger Law’s Owensboro, KY, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Owensboro, KY, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a semi-truck accident in Owensboro, you need to speak with our lawyers at once.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Owensboro, KY. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact Burger Law’s Owensboro, KY, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Owensboro, KY, auto accident attorneys. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
When you are injured in a truck accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are OK. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Owensboro, KY, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?