Truck Accident Lawyer Belle, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Belle, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Belle, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to take action. The first step towards winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Belle, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will relentlessly pursue your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you desire. Take the first step toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of talented truck accident lawyers in the Belle, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold a long history of winning complete compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only concern. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Belle, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Belle, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, these are certain actions our Belle, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and surrounding conditions.
- Get your own statement from the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Remember to record their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police have arrived, give them your version of events and attempt to get the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, quickly find a Belle, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Adhering to these few steps in the critical hours and days following your accident will help your recovery from your injuries in addition to your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, if you weren’t able to do all the items on the list because of the circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, rest assured that we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Belle, MO that will do what it takes to secure the rights of truck accident victims, and our case record shows it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Belle, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
As a Belle, MO truck accident victim, you should have the support of a dedicated Belle, MO truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that has the resources and energy to provide fierce representation from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Belle, MO, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Belle, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the factors that makes a truck accident case different from a regular car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Belle, MO truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are not allowed to continue driving once they have met that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Belle, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Belle, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability often stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Belle, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Belle, MO costs you dearly. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Belle, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
As your Belle, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Belle, MO, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Belle, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Belle, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Belle, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Belle, MO, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Belle, MO. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading