Truck Accident Lawyer Caseyville, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Caseyville, IL. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Caseyville, IL truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Caseyville, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will relentlessly pursue your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of expert truck accident lawyers in the Caseyville, IL area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality representation in your commercial truck accident case. We take the difficult cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of securing maximum compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial health are our only priorities and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Caseyville, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Caseyville, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to ensure your recovery and health are protected. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are certain steps our Caseyville, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you get the medical care you need.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Snap photos of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Caseyville, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the factors that makes a truck accident case different from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and your Caseyville, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Some rules on owning and operating commercial trucks include:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are required to stop and rest after they have surpassed that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Our truck accident lawyers in Caseyville, IL do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Caseyville, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability often stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Caseyville, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Caseyville, IL truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Caseyville, IL can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Caseyville, IL truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Caseyville, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Caseyville, IL, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Caseyville, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Caseyville, IL with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Caseyville, IL, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Caseyville, IL right away. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading