Truck Accident Lawyer Crystal City, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Crystal City, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests throughout your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Crystal City, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Crystal City, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you need and deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Crystal City, MO area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent history of winning complete compensation for our clients and holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial health are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Crystal City, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Crystal City, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are certain steps our Crystal City, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Use your phone to take pictures of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Crystal City, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that makes a truck accident case different from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries, and your Crystal City, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are required to stop and rest after they have met that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. While inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Our truck accident lawyers in Crystal City, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled Crystal City, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability usually stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Crystal City, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
A truck accident in Crystal City, MO costs you dearly. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can leave you with expensive medical bills, the inability to work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Crystal City, MO can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Crystal City, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will take the steps necessary to secure every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Crystal City, MO, we understand how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Crystal City, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Crystal City, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Crystal City, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Crystal City, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Crystal City, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading