Truck Accident Lawyer Farmington, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Farmington, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer throughout your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Farmington, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to take action. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Farmington, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will work hard to secure your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of expert truck accident lawyers in the Farmington, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tricky cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of securing complete compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial stability are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Farmington, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Farmington, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are some steps our Farmington, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Use your phone to take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and conditions of the surrounding road(s).
- Get your own statement from the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police have arrived, give them your version of events and attempt to get the truck driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Farmington, MO truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Following these easy guidelines in the time immediately following your accident will assist in your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, all hope is not lost if you did not have a chance to check all these items off of your list at the time of your truck crash. Burger Law’s truck accident team can help. You should always put your safety and the safety of your family first. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Farmington, MO that fights for the full rights and recoveries of truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Farmington, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
Farmington, MO truck accident victims like you deserve an experienced Farmington, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that is willing to fight for you from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Farmington, MO, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Farmington, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One of the factors that separates a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the requisits that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Farmington, MO truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are required to stop and rest once they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Farmington, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Farmington, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability usually comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Farmington, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
A truck accident in Farmington, MO costs you dearly. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Farmington, MO can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Farmington, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Farmington, MO, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Farmington, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Farmington, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Farmington, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Farmington, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Farmington, MO. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading