Truck Accident Lawyer Fulton, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Fulton, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer throughout your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Fulton, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to take action. The first step towards winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Fulton, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Fulton, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal representation in your commercial truck accident case. We take the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of securing complete compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only concern and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Fulton, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Fulton, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are some steps our Fulton, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police are on site, give them your version of events and have the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, contact and hire a Fulton, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Following these few steps in the time immediately following the accident will help your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, all hope is not lost if you did not have a chance to check all these items off of your list at the time of your truck crash. Burger Law’s truck accident team can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Leave the heavy lifting to us. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Fulton, MO that will do what it takes to secure the rights of truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Fulton, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
As a Fulton, MO truck accident victim, you need and deserve a committed Fulton, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to provide fierce representation from the beginning of your case to the end. The success of your recovery from your truck accident injuries should not depend on you covering your medical expenses out of pocket. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Fulton, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Fulton, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that separates a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the requisits that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Fulton, MO truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of the distances they travel and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are not allowed to continue driving once they have exceeded that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. While inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Fulton, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Fulton, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability often comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Fulton, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Fulton, MO costs you dearly. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Fulton, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Fulton, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Fulton, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Fulton, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Fulton, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Fulton, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Fulton, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Fulton, MO right away. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading