Truck Accident Lawyer Hillsboro, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Hillsboro, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer throughout your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Hillsboro, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to take action. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Hillsboro, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will relentlessly pursue your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of qualified truck accident lawyers in the Hillsboro, MO area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms shy away from, and still we have an excellent record of winning maximum compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial health are our only concern. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Hillsboro, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Hillsboro, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are some actions our Hillsboro, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Use your phone to take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Speak to the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- Once the police reach the scene, give them your version of events and have the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Hillsboro, MO truck accident lawyer to help you with your case.
Adhering to these easy steps in the time immediately following the accident will assist in your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you weren’t able to do all the items on the list because of the circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, rest assured that we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Hillsboro, MO that will do what it takes to secure the rights of truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Hillsboro, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
Hillsboro, MO truck accident victims like you need and deserve a knowledgeable Hillsboro, MO truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that is willing to provide fierce representation every step of the way. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you choose our team of aggressive and dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Hillsboro, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One condition that separates a truck accident case from a regular car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries, and your Hillsboro, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and must stop once they have reached that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Our truck accident lawyers in Hillsboro, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled Hillsboro, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability often comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Hillsboro, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Hillsboro, MO costs you dearly. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can leave you with high medical bills, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Hillsboro, MO can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Hillsboro, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Hillsboro, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Hillsboro, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Hillsboro, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Hillsboro, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Hillsboro, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Hillsboro, MO right away. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or click here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading