Truck Accident Lawyer McLeansboro, IL
You’re hurt and you need help. You didn’t ask to be hit by a tractor trailer, so you should under no circumstances be required to pay for injuries or loss of work that you didn’t want either. You can fully recover from your truck accident in McLeansboro, but you may need help on the steps to take, and what you are eligible to recover. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro will fight for your rights, your recovery, and your way of life so that you can focus on you and your family.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys in McLeansboro are dedicated to providing McLeansboro residents with legal counseling and protection they deserve, and are prepared to fight your claim in court against the negligent parties. Your health and recovery are essential, and you should never accept a settlement that doesn’t cover 100% of your needs. Our McLeansboro Truck Wreck Lawyers are dedicated to your needs and your recovery, regardless of the cost.
Our team consists of serious, dedicated, and aggressive Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro. Our Truck Accident Firm charges ZERO fees unless we win your claim, and we don’t stop until your full recovery is met. We will put you and your needs first, always. If you’re ready for your health and your financial recovery to be protected, call or contact our team of Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL now.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a Truck Accident? – McLeansboro Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in McLeansboro, you may be confused about the steps you should take, who you can call, and generally what to do. Here are the steps our McLeansboro truck lawyers advise you take following an accident:
- Immediately call the authorities, and an ambulance if you are injured.
- Take pictures of your vehicle, the other vehicle, and any conditions of the road at the time.
- Get a statement from the truck driver admitting to causing the accident. Any admittance of responsibility for the accident will help your claim.
- Once the police have arrived, explain what happened and have the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- If the truck driver refuses to help you or answer any questions, then you will need the assistance of a truck accident lawyer in McLeansboro.
Taking these steps can help secure your recovery, and shield you from any fault for the accident. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Burger Law is an incredibly talented Truck Accident Law Firm in McLeansboro that has a track record of success and protecting the rights of truck accident victims. Our team can and will help you get the recovery you are owed.
Your Truck Accident Case in McLeansboro deserves to be taken on by a committed and dedicated lawyer. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you trust in our Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro will fight for your rights, your recovery, and your financial security. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
Federal and State Regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers must follow. Not all drivers follow these rules, and when they act negligently, accidents can happen. Here are several regulations every truck driver has to follow:
- Truck Drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck Drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and must stop after they’ve reached that limit.
- Tractor Trailers and other Commercial Vehicles must be properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial Vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of more requirments that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck Drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road. The truck driver who injured you acted negligently and recklessly, and we always find evidence to prove these claims. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. With our Truck Accident Law Firm, you will get 100% of your recovery.
Truck Accident Injuries – Truck Accident Lawyer McLeansboro, IL
Commercial Trucks can weigh anywhere from 30,000lbs to 80,000lbs. A car weighs 5,000lbs. This incredible difference in weight is why truck drivers must closely and carefully adhere to the rules of the road. When a Commercial Vehicle strikes a small car, the accident is always catastrohpic. Here are several types of injuries that our Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro have helped fight for the recovery of:
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of y our limbs. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
- Death often occurs during commercial trucking accidents. Because of the massive amount of force that trucks have in their inertia, smaller personal cars can be destroyed in the event of an accident.
The accident happened through no fault of your own. You should not have to pay for injuries that you didn’t cause. Our Truck Accident Law Firm in McLeansboro, IL are prepared to fight for you full and complete recovery.
What Can I recover from my Truck Accident Claim?
Because of the accident, you now have mounting medical bills that you have to pay and that will be difficult because of the wages you lost while not being able to go to work. Under IL laws, you do have legal recourse to recover for your losses. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro can help you recover these items:
- You can financially recover any costs that you incurred while seeking medical care that is appropriate and needed for the treatment of your injuries.
- If you missed work and lost wages, you can recover your lost wages.
- You can recover court fees, legal fees, and any costs related to the trial or the case.
- If you are permanently disabled, or partially disabled, you can recover from the loss of use of your limbs and the permanent loss of work.
You are entitled to every dollar you had to spend for your injuries, and that includes all of the items stated above. Remember, you’re injured, and you didn’t ask to be, so you shouldn’t have to deal with any of the costs associated with that injury. You shouldn’t have to fight to get the recovery you are owed, it should be given to you. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro will see that you get every dime that you deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in McLeansboro, IL
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car. The truck driver was not paying attention to the flow of traffic, and hit the their […]Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the settlement. But the story of his demise and how we ensured all the many liens in […]Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a family dinner and proceeding northbound on Route 3 in Waterloo, Illinois. As they approached an intersection, […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading