Truck Accident Lawyer New Florence, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer New Florence, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the New Florence, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced New Florence, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of qualified truck accident lawyers in the New Florence, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We take the tricky cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of winning total compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial stability are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – New Florence, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in New Florence, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, there are some actions our New Florence, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Use your phone to take photos of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your New Florence, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One condition that distinguishes a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and your New Florence, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and must stop after they have exceeded that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in New Florence, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled New Florence, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your New Florence, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your New Florence, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can leave you with high medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in New Florence, MO can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law New Florence, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in New Florence, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in New Florence, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in New Florence, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in New Florence, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in New Florence, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in New Florence, MO. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading