Truck Accident Lawyer Olney, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Olney, IL. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests through every step of your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, Burger Law has the Olney, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to take action. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Olney, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you desire. Make progress toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of expert truck accident lawyers in the Olney, IL area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent history of securing total compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial stability are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Olney, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Olney, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to ensure your recovery and health are protected. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, there are certain steps our Olney, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Snap photos of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Olney, IL truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One condition that distinguishes a truck accident case from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and your Olney, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are not allowed to continue driving after they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Olney, IL never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Olney, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Olney, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Olney, IL costs you dearly. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can bring you expensive medical costs, the inability to work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Olney, IL can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Olney, IL truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Olney, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Olney, IL, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Olney, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Olney, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Olney, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Olney, IL. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading