Truck Accident Lawyer Pike County, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Pike County, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Pike County, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Pike County, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of talented truck accident lawyers in the Pike County, MO area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and still we have an excellent record of securing complete compensation for our clients and holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your recovery, and your financial health are our only concern and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Pike County, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Pike County, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, these are certain steps our Pike County, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Snap photos of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Pike County, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the things that makes a truck accident case different from a regular car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Pike County, MO truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of the distances they travel and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and must stop after they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Pike County, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Pike County, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability usually comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Pike County, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
Your Pike County, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can bring you high medical costs, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Pike County, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Pike County, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Pike County, MO, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Pike County, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Pike County, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Pike County, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Pike County, MO, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Pike County, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading