Truck Accident Lawyer Salem, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Salem, IL. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Salem, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Salem, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of talented truck accident lawyers in the Salem, IL area have the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal representation in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent record of winning complete compensation for our clients and holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial health are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Salem, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Salem, IL, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, these are some steps our Salem, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Snap photos of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Salem, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that makes a truck accident case different from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Salem, IL truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are required to stop and rest after they have reached that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Salem, IL do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Salem, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability often comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Salem, IL truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
A truck accident in Salem, IL costs you dearly. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can bring you high medical costs, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Salem, IL will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Salem, IL truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Salem, IL, we understand how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Salem, IL, rest assured that we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Salem, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Salem, IL with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Salem, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Salem, IL. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading