Auto Accident Lawyer Audrain County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Audrain County, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Audrain County, MO area. Talk with an experienced Audrain County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, see how much your claim might be worth in Audrain County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Audrain County, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Audrain County, MO and throughout Missouri, including a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Audrain County, MO clients want to know that we are giving 100 percent to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Audrain County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Audrain County, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the medical care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial compensation you deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Audrain County, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on all of the above.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and return to a normal life. Give one of our Audrain County, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Audrain County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Though there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Audrain County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Audrain County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that motor vehicle accidents cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
It can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential, in terms of the average car accident settlement in Audrain County, MO, or anywhere for that matter. But, generally speaking, the majority of auto crash settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries causing permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Audrain County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Audrain County, MO?
Once you are injured in a Audrain County, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Audrain County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of Missouri when the injury occurred, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Audrain County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not wait, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Audrain County, MO case immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Audrain County, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving element in how much your settlement may be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Audrain County, MO car accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to more time lost from work in Audrain County, MO and larger medical expenses, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Audrain County, MO auto accident lawyer may be able to get you more, there are instances when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; but, the total amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is decided that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Audrain County, MO attorney to combat the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to look into your crash, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Audrain County, MO area and throughout MO to precisely calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to proffer a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Audrain County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. According to the Burger Law Audrain County, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Audrain County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Audrain County, MO auto accident is everybody's safety and well-being. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is severely injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical personnel get there, and warn other motor vehicles of the crash. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Audrain County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle accident that results in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, err on the side of caution and call the police. Not only is it the law, but police in Audrain County, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, like the roadway surrounding the accident. The lack of tire marks could help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Audrain County, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be critical.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Audrain County, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after a crash.
- Contact Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who pushes back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our lawyers have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Audrain County, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to figure out exactly how much you are owed. Talking to us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is actually adequate. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial lawyers, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Audrain County, MO?
When it comes to picking an auto accident lawyer in Audrain County, MO, it is important to do your research and locate the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Audrain County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different areas of the law, and it is critical to locate one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Audrain County, MO auto accident attorneys not only specialize in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to search for an attorney who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will see Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Audrain County, MO area.
- Communication: It is important to locate a lawyer in Audrain County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. We always ensure you know what is going on with your case. We also handle all documentation, negotiation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Audrain County, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other Audrain County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident lawyers ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Give our Audrain County, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Audrain County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.