Auto Accident Lawyer Greene County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Greene County, MO. If you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to call in the Greene County, MO area. Talk with an experienced Greene County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were injured in a car crash, see how much your claim may be worth in Greene County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Greene County, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Greene County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will not stop until obtaining the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Greene County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our entire attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Greene County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Greene County, MO, you should be focused on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need and deserve for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Greene County, MO auto accident attorneys can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you need and get back to a normal life. Give one of our Greene County, MO auto accident lawyers a call right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially discuss the specifics of your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Greene County, MO?
Although there are some possible hazardous conditions and events outside of our purview that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Greene County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Greene County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are expensive. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that motor vehicle crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Greene County, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint an exact figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. However, generally speaking, most of auto accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries needing more substantial medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Greene County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Greene County, MO?
Once you are injured in a Greene County, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- Generally speaking, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Greene County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 stipulates that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 stipulates that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the 5 years.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Greene County, MO, the clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim. Do not hesitate, give the auto accident law firm of Burger Law a call today at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Greene County, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Greene County, MO?
As the purpose of a car crash settlement is to fairly compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement could be. Other facets include how your injuries have impacted your life, the insurance policy in question, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the abilities of your Greene County, MO auto crash attorney:
- The severity of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Greene County, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, especially when adding in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Greene County, MO auto accident lawyer may have the skills to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially to blame; however, the amount will be less. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would receive $70,000. You can still receive compensation in Missouri, even if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Greene County, MO attorney to fight the insurance company and its tactics. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of medical and economic professionals in the Greene County, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company refuses to extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will stand by your side and argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Greene County, MO?
Auto accidents are not a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to keep a level head in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the best results from your claim in Greene County, MO:
- Check to see whether you or anyone else is injured. The most vital thing in a Greene County, MO car crash is everybody's safety and well-being. Check to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If you or anyone is seriously injured, call 911 right away. If you can and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and alert other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road when it is safe. Otherwise, move your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic to avoid a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Greene County, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 calls for Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle crash that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Greene County, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway surrounding the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take photos of law enforcement arresting them.
You should also swap insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, collect their contact information so that your Greene County, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to write down all that comes to mind about the accident, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Greene County, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms right away, and adrenaline can often mask pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously hurt in a car crash, it is beneficial to find an informed attorney who can assist in navigating the twists and turns of your case. An experienced attorney who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the only way you can truly receive maximum compensation for your damages. Our attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Greene County, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is vital to never approve a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. Additionally, we are knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will move the fight in front of a jury and a judge.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Greene County, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Greene County, MO, it is integral to do your homework and find the right attorney for the particulars of your case. The following are some key aspects to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Greene County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different attorneys are accomplished in different aspects of the law, and it is important to find one who specializes in car crash cases. The Burger Law Greene County, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also important to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a solid reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Greene County, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find a lawyer in Greene County, MO who is willing to answer your questions and is easy to talk to. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you select an attorney. Our team always ensure you know what is transpiring in your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you aware throughout these processes. Call us right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Greene County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether it is some other auto accident lawyer near Greene County, MO or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Greene County, MO auto accident lawyer team a call now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Greene County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.