Auto Accident Lawyer Montgomery County, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Montgomery County, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Montgomery County, MO area. Talk with a knowledgeable Montgomery County, MO auto accident lawyer right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, see how much your claim may be worth in Montgomery County, MO, with our complimentary personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law attorneys fight for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Montgomery County, MO auto accident claim. Our attorneys have successfully recovered over $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Montgomery County, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. They will stop nothing short of the best possible recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Montgomery County, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. Below are some recent examples of car crash settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Montgomery County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Following a car crash in Montgomery County, MO, you should be focused on getting your injuries treated. You should not have to be concerned with fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to receive the financial compensation you need for the car accident, or even court dates and legal jargon. The Burger Law Montgomery County, MO auto accident lawyers can center all their efforts on the above facets.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your rights, making sure that you get complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and get back to a normal life. Call one of our Montgomery County, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Montgomery County, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several possible hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most auto accidents are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human motorists are responsible for 94 percent of crashes that occur.
Some of the most common causes of Montgomery County, MO car crashes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Montgomery County, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, deaths, injuries and property damage in motor vehicle accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, estimates that auto crashes cost society $7,300 per second in productivity lost.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Montgomery County, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be hard to pinpoint a precise figure as many settlements are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care frequently reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can bring about damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Montgomery County, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Montgomery County, MO?
Once you are injured in a Montgomery County, MO auto accident, the state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of the accident to file your claim.
- In general, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have 5 years from the date of your injury to file your personal injury claim in Montgomery County, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were under the age of 21 at the time of the injury, or were mentally incapacitated at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 states that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are injured by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury happened, but left the state at a later date before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of Missouri does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been hurt in a Montgomery County, MO auto accident. Do not hesitate, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We begin working on your Montgomery County, MO claim immediately and do not stop until we win your case.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Montgomery County, MO?
As the meaning of a car crash settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your injuries, the severity of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement might be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you bear any responsibility for your accident and the capabilities of your Montgomery County, MO car accident attorney:
- The seriousness of your injuries — As more serious injuries lead to larger medical expenses and more time lost from work in Montgomery County, MO, they lead to bigger settlements, particularly when factoring in the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your mental, emotional and physical well-being, the higher the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Montgomery County, MO auto accident lawyer might be able to get you more, there are times when the compensation is dependant upon the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially to blame — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still get a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the total amount will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are 30 percent to blame for your accident, you would get $70,000. Even if you were 99 percent at fault, you can still receive compensation in Missouri.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Montgomery County, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident attorney will also need to conduct an investigation into your accident, prove liability on the part of the other driver and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Montgomery County, MO area and throughout MO to precisely value your claim. If the insurance company will not extend a fair settlement, you will need an experienced trial lawyer with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Montgomery County, MO?
Auto accidents are never a pleasant experience, and they are frequently frightening and startling. Yet, it is crucial to stay calm following a crash. According to the Burger Law Montgomery County, MO auto accident lawyers, you should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s safety and to receive the best results from your claim in Montgomery County, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Montgomery County, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Assess the scene to see if anyone is injured and how severe their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 immediately. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Call the police. Call the Montgomery County, MO or county police if you have not already dialed 911. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri drivers to report any motor vehicle crash that ends in death, personal injury, or over $500 in property damage. If you are uncertain as to the extent of the damage or how severe your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Montgomery County, MO are trained to provide an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Document the accident scene and collect evidence. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the road around the crash. The lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the car crash. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should additionally trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so your Montgomery County, MO car accident lawyer will be able to take official depositions from them. It is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash, as your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, and some seemingly insignificant details may slip your mind that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Montgomery County, MO area after a car accident. Occassionally, with some injuries, you may not deal with symptoms immediately, and adrenaline can frequently disguise pain after an accident.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can help you navigate the difficulties of your case. An experienced, professional lawyer who fights back against resistant insurance companies is frequently the only way you can really receive maximum compensation for your damages. We have more than 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Montgomery County, MO. We will be able to calculate precisely how much you are owed because we know car accident claims. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so do not take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident attorney if it is really fair. We are also knowledgeable trial attorneys, so if we cannot negotiate a fair financial recovery, we will move the fight in front of a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Choosing an Auto Accident Lawyer in Montgomery County, MO?
When it comes to choosing an auto accident lawyer in Montgomery County, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the ideal attorney for the specifics of your case. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: A knowledgeable auto accident attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has over three decades of experience in the Montgomery County, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to insurance companies and prosecutors on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers specialize in different specifics of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Montgomery County, MO auto accident attorneys are not only well steeped in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, various out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have incurred because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to locate a lawyer who has a solid reputation and is known in the community. Ask around for recommendations and read online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s distinguished track record throughout the Montgomery County, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to locate a lawyer in Montgomery County, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you pick an attorney. We always ensure you know what is going on with your case. Additionally, we deal with all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the loop throughout these processes. Call us as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Montgomery County, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Do not settle for less than you deserve, whether it is some other Montgomery County, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company. Burger Law has knowledgeable, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready and willing to stand by your side and fight for your rights throughout your claim.
Give our Montgomery County, MO auto accident lawyers a call today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Montgomery County, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.