Auto Accident Lawyer Parkville, MO
Auto Accident Lawyer Parkville, MO. When you or a loved one are seriously injured in an auto accident, Burger Law is the law firm to contact in the Parkville, MO area. Speak to a knowledgeable Parkville, MO auto accident lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, find out how much your claim might be worth in Parkville, MO, with our free personal injury calculator.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Parkville, MO auto accident claim. Our lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients in Parkville, MO and throughout Missouri, featuring a multi-year legal battle resulting in a trial verdict of $113 million. The team will stop nothing short of a complete recovery for you and your family.
Burger Law’s Successful Missouri Auto Accident Claims
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our Parkville, MO clients want to know that we are providing our complete attention to a case and win the best possible settlement on their behalf. The following are some recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $300k Utility Terrain Vehicle Settlement
- On-Ramp Accident Leads to $327,000 Settlement
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Parkville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident in Parkville, MO, you should be able to concentrate on getting treatment for your injuries. You should not have to worry about battling your insurance company for the care you need, or wondering whether you are going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident, or even legal jargon and court dates. The Burger Law Parkville, MO auto accident lawyers can concentrate all their efforts on all of the above.
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, ensure that you receive complete compensation for the recovery you deserve and return to a normal life. Give one of our Parkville, MO auto accident lawyers a call now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form. They are prepared to confidentially talk about your case for free with no obligation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Parkville, MO?
Auto accidents happen in what often feels like a blink of an eye. Although there are several potentially hazardous events and conditions outside of our control that can contribute to crashes, most car crashes are caused by driver error. Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that human operators are responsible for 94 percent of accidents that take place.
Some of the most common causes of Parkville, MO car crashes are:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Hit and Run
- Construction Zones
- Failing to Yield
- Rain or Bad Weather
- Reckless Driving, including:
- Cutting another car off
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Running red lights
- Blocking a car or changing speed to prevent another car from changing lanes, passing, etc.
- Refusing to use turn signals
- Forcing a car off the road
- Using high beams to interfere with another driver’s ability to see
What Is the Average Car Accident Settlement Amount in the Parkville, MO Area?
Auto accidents are costly. According to research from the Insurance Information Institute, property damage, injuries and deaths in auto accidents cost $474 billion in 2020. The NHTSA, approximates that auto accidents cost society $7,300 per second in loss of productivity.
In terms of the cost of paying out the average car accident settlement in Parkville, MO, or anywhere for that matter, it can be difficult to pinpoint a precise figure as the specifics of each case vary and many settlement amounts are confidential. But, generally speaking, the majority of car accident settlements come in between $15,000 and $20,000. Injuries requiring more extensive medical care often reach $50,000 to $100,000, while injuries resulting in permanent disability or, in the worst cases, wrongful death, can result in damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
In addition, we have extensive experience winning the following cases for our Parkville, MO clients:
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Parkville, MO?
The state of Missouri's statute of limitations dictates how long you have after the date of your injuries from a Parkville, MO auto accident to file your claim.
- In general terms, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120, you have five years from the date of your injury to file your auto accident injury claim in Parkville, MO or elsewhere in Missouri.
- If you were mentally incapacitated at the time of the injury or under the age of 21 at the time, Missouri Revised Statute §516.170 says that you have 5 years after the date you turn 21 or that your "legal disability" ends.
- If you are hurt by someone who was a resident of the state when the injury occurred, but later left the state before you filed a lawsuit, Missouri Revised Statute §516.200 says that the time the defendant is out of the state does not apply toward the five years.
The clock is already ticking for when you can make your claim, if you have been injured in a Parkville, MO auto accident. Do not wait, call the auto accident law firm of Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online to get justice and complete compensation for your injuries. We start working on your Parkville, MO claim right away and do not rest until we win.
What Are the Factors That Determine an Auto Accident Settlement in Parkville, MO?
As the meaning of a car accident settlement is to reasonable compensate you for your damages, the seriousness of those injuries is the driving factor in how much your settlement may be. Other factors include the insurance policy in question, how your injuries have impacted your life, if you are to blame in any degree for your accident and the abilities of your Parkville, MO car accident lawyer:
- The severity of your injuries — As more major injuries lead to higher medical expenses and more time lost from work in Parkville, MO, they give rise to higher settlements, particularly when including the pain and suffering multiplier.
- How your injuries have impacted your life — The greater the effect on your physical, emotional and mental well-being, the more the noneconomic damages will be.
- The insurance policy — Missouri has a minimum insurance requirement of $25,000 for bodily injury, and while a skilled Parkville, MO car crash lawyer may be able to get you more, there are occasions when you will be limited by the negligent driver's and/or your insurance policy limits.
- If you are partially responsible — With comparative negligence policies like Missouri law observes, you can still be awarded a financial recovery if you were partially responsible for the accident; yet, the amount of compensation will be less. As an example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but it is found that you are responsible for 30 percent of the blame for your crash, you would get $70,000. In Missouri, you can still receive compensation if you were 99 percent at fault.
- Your car accident lawyer — You need an aggressive and skilled Parkville, MO lawyer to fight the insurance company's tricks. Your auto accident lawyer will also need to investigate your accident, prove liability on the part of the other motorist and have a network of economic and medical professionals in the Parkville, MO area and throughout MO to accurately calculate your claim. If the insurance company will not proffer a fair settlement, you will need a knowledgeable trial attorney with courtroom savvy that will argue your case in front of a jury.
What Tricks Do Insurance Companies Use To Avoid Paying Claims?
When you have a personal injury claim, be aware of the tricks insurance c …
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
Is It Worth It to Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident? If you've been injured …
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
When Should I Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident? If you were injured …
What Do I Do After an Auto Accident in Parkville, MO?
Car crashes are not a pleasant experience, and they are often frightening and startling. However, it is crucial to stay calm in the aftermath of an accident. You should follow these steps to ensure everyone’s well-being and to get the finest results from your claim in Parkville, MO:
- Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. The most important thing in a Parkville, MO auto accident is everybody's well-being and safety. Check to see if anyone is injured and how significant their injuries are. If there are serious injuries to you or anyone else, call 911 right away. If you are able and it is safe to do so, render first aid to anyone who needs it.
- Get to safety. If anyone is severely injured, do not move them until emergency medical technicians get there, and warn other vehicles of the accident. If you cannot move your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights and exit to get to the side of the road whenever it is safe. Otherwise, get your vehicle to the side of the road and out of the way of oncoming traffic so no one ends up in a multi-car accident.
- Phone the police. If you have not already called 911, call the Parkville, MO or county police. Missouri Revised Statute §303.040 requires Missouri motorists to report any motor vehicle accident that results in personal injury, death, or over $500 in property damage. If you are unsure as to the extent of the damage or how bad your injuries are, call the police and err on the side of caution. Not only is it the law, but police in Parkville, MO are trained to offer an official, accurate account of what happened in accidents, and their report will go a long way in proving your claim and holding the other party accountable.
- Collect evidence and document the accident scene. Take pictures of all vehicles involved, any injuries you sustained and other parts of the scene, such as the roadway around the accident. A lack of tire marks may help prove that the other driver was distracted and is responsible for the auto accident. If the other driver was drunk, take pictures of the police arresting them.
You should also trade insurance information with the other driver. If there were eyewitnesses, get their contact information so that your Parkville, MO car accident attorney can take official depositions from them. As your memory will be freshest in the immediate aftermath, it is also a good idea to jot down everything you remember about the crash as you may forget seemingly insignificant details that later turn out to be crucial.
- Get medical treatment. It is a good idea to go to an urgent care facility in the Parkville, MO area after a car accident, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Occassionally, with some injuries, adrenaline can often disguise pain and you may not deal with symptoms right away after a crash.
- Reach out to Burger Law. When you are seriously injured in a car accident, it is beneficial to find a knowledgeable attorney who can assist in navigating the complexities of your case. An experienced lawyer who fights back against bullies like resistant insurance companies is often the lone way you can truly get maximum compensation for your injuries. We have over 70 years of combined experience standing up for the injured in Parkville, MO. We know car accident claims and will be able to calculate exactly how much you are owed. Speaking with us about your claim is free, so it is important to never take a settlement offer before asking an auto accident lawyer if it is actually fair. We are also experienced trial attorneys, so if we cannot secure a fair financial recovery in negotiations, we will take the fight to a judge and jury.
What Should I Look For When Picking an Auto Accident Lawyer in Parkville, MO?
When it comes to selecting an auto accident lawyer in Parkville, MO, it is important to do your homework and find the ideal lawyer for the particulars of your case. The following are some key factors to consider:
- Experience: An experienced auto accident lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal system and be able to help you fight against bullying insurance companies. Burger Law has nearly 30 years of experience in the Parkville, MO area, and throughout Missouri, standing up to prosecutors and insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Specialization: Different lawyers are accomplished in different specifics of the law, and it is important to locate one who specializes in auto accident cases. The Burger Law Parkville, MO auto accident lawyers are not only well versed in car crash cases, we dedicate our careers to handling cases like yours and doing whatever it takes to get you full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, other out-of-pocket expenses and the pain and suffering you have sustained because of your injuries.
- Reputation: It is also essential to look for a lawyer who is known in the community and who has a good reputation. Ask around for recommendations and check online reviews, and you will notice Burger Law’s stellar track record throughout the Parkville, MO area.
- Communication: It is crucial to find an attorney in Parkville, MO who is easy to talk to and is willing to answer your questions. Gary Burger has literally written the book on the absolutely essential questions to ask before you choose an attorney. Our attorneys always ensure you updated on what is going on with your case. We also handle all negotiation, documentation and litigation, also keeping you in the know throughout these processes. Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online.
Reach Out To a Burger Law Parkville, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
No matter if it is some other Parkville, MO auto accident attorney or an offer from an insurance company, do not settle for less than you deserve. Burger Law has experienced, aggressive and unwavering auto accident attorneys ready to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout the life of your claim.
Call our Parkville, MO auto accident lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or reach out to us online. We do not collect any fees until we win your case. Get legal representation in Parkville, MO when you need it, and pay when you get paid.