Aggressive representation for your Marion, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Marion, IL
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Marion, IL. Experiencing a dog bite is a frightening experience, and the lasting effects reach below the surface scratches. The injuries from a dog bite go far below the puncture wounds of your skin. When you or a loved one is injured by a dog bite in Marion, IL, you may request a financial recovery paid by the liable party. Dog bite injury lawyers in Marion, IL with Burger Law can get a great settlement from the defendant’s insurance company and help you get the recovery you need to get back to life as you know it after your dog bite attack. Our Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers work hard to understand and prove your damages, demand a complete financial recovery, provide guidance and advice throughout your case and address every part of your case. Discover how our Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers can guide you in your Marion, IL dog bite injury case and secure you the settlement you deserve. by speaking with us as soon as possible after your dog bite incident. Contact us for a free case review today by phone at (314) 500-HURT or online.
Get a complete recovery for your Marion, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Marion, IL
Many of those who have been injured by dog bites have come to Burger Law for help. Our Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers will get to work right away, fighting to get you the damages you deserve. Our accomplished Marion, IL attorneys are experts on the Missouri and Illinois state statutes relevant to your Marion, IL dog bite injury claim and will ensure that every proceeding in your case is handled professionally. our dog bite injury lawyers immediately. Our team of fierce and effective lawyers will begin working for you today.
Marion, IL Dog Bite Injuries
A person could receive all manners of different injuries from a dog bite. Marion, IL dog bite injuries are intricate and put you at risk of developing additional health issues or long-term effects including disfigurement, permanent disabilities and most importantly, infection. It is imperative that you seek out medical care as soon as possible after the dog bite incident.
Receiving medical treatment immediately following your injury is critical both for your recovery and for the outcome of your dog bite injury suit. For example, the emergency physician may administer a shot to prevent the onset of rabies, tetanus and other life-threatening infections or a plastic surgeon may be called upon to make sure the stitches you need are applied in a way that minimizes your scarring
Common dog bite injuries include
- Cuts and scrapes
- Torn muscle tissue
- Damage to nerve tissue
- Boke fractures and breaks
- Crush injuries
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of limbs, digits and other body parts
- Negative self-confidence
To have a successful recovery, it is important that you heed the proven professionals. As you trust the dog bite lawyers of Burger Law to guide you through the legal proceeding of your Marion, IL dog bite injury claim, it is also important that you follow through with the care and direction your physicians in the treatment of your injuries. Be sure to attend all follow-up medical appointments and while at home, care for your injuries according to the instructions of your doctors.
Marion, IL Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
After a dog bites and injures you, you could be eligible to file a Marion, IL dog bite injury claim to collect damages. For your best chance receiving complete compensation, find experienced dog bite injury lawyers in Marion, IL right away. While you may receive an initial settlement offer from the dog owner’s insurance company of a few hundred dollars, your damages are likely equal to a much higher sum which is nearly impossible to obtain without dog bite injury lawyers in Marion, IL on your side.
Hire a reputable Marion, IL dog bite injury law firm in Marion, IL that you can trust. When you hire the experienced Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law, you have a team of experienced professionals working on your behalf. You can focus on recovering from your injuries while leaving the legal process to your attorney. With Burger Law, your Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyer handles every aspect of your case and serves several important roles as you go through life after your dog bite injury. Above all else, your dog bite injury lawyers are there to prove your claim and negotiate a complete settlement.
Factors That Affect the Value of Your Claim
Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers fight to get you maximum compensation after you are injured in a dog bite incident. They understand the intricacies and details that play a role in calculating the value of your damages and have the skill required to demand a complete recovery. Your Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyer‘s job is to help you grasp the dollar amount of your claim and ensure that you demand compensation for all of your damages.
In order to determine the dollar amount of your claim, you can expect your Marion, IL dog bite injury attorney to investigate things such as:
- Where the incident took place
- The events that led up to the incident
- The age of the victim
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- The long-term or permanent jimpact of the bite
- How serious the injuries and subsequent medical treatment are
- The psychological impact
- The cost of the injuries, such as the cost of medical treatment and earnings you were not able to secure due to your inability to work
Your Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers handle everything from investigating your claim, compiling all evidence, filing the proper motions and deposing experts like surgeons and psychologists. Once we understand the facts of your case by investigating the incident, compiling evidence and documentation and getting information from subject matter experts like psychologists and surgeons, your Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers will make a demand of the dog owner’s insurance company to compensate you for the damages you have suffered.
Damages in Your Dog Bite Case
To determine the value of your damages, your dog bite injury lawyers in Marion, IL add up all economic damages with real dollar values such as your medical bills and treatment costs along with the more abstract non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Qualified dog bite injury lawyers in Marion, IL who have helped other dog bite injury clients recover will know how to calculate all your damages to ensure that they fight for a fair settlement for you.
The types of damages that may be included in the value of your claim include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Costs for treatments, surgeries and other programs needed to treat the physical and psychological effects of being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Income lost from being unable to report to work due to the dog bite injuries
- Reduced future wages due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Psychological distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform tasks of daily living or enjoy yourself due to the effects of your injuries
- Personal property damaged in the attack
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses
Our St. Louis-based personal injury lawyers can help you recover after any type of injury in Missouri or Illinois that affects your life or the lives of people you love. Learn more about cases we represent, such as:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Illinois
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Illinois
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Illinois
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
Steps to Take After a Marion, IL Dog Bite Injury
It is important that, after being injured by a dog bite, you take proper action both for your physical healing and for the outcome of your legal claim. No one knows when they will get injured in a dog bite or plans for it in advance. It is important that you know what to do in the immediate aftermath of a dog bite injury until you are able to speak to and hire the right dog bite injury lawyers in Marion, IL. After you experience a dog bite injury, you should follow these steps:
- Leave the area. Remove yourself from the area. You may choose to get contact information from witnesses if you are able to, but it is important that you do not talk about the incident with the dog owner.
- Seek medical care. First, you need to get emergency medical care for your dog bite. This emergency care is crucial as it allows a professional to evaluate your condition, perform critical treatment of your injuries and detect any additional injuries and make sure they are properly cared for.
- Contact police or animal control to file a report. Filing a report will create documentation of the incident and provides the authorities a path for investigation. This can not only help strengthen your case when you and your Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers file a claim, but can also help ensure the safety of others if the dog is aggressive and dangerous.
- Request a copy of the report. Your Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers can assist you with this, but it does not hurt to take the first steps yourself. At the time that you make the report, make sure you take down the officers’ names and contact information. Ask the officer to issue you a copy of the incident report once it has been officially filed.
- Hire a skilled dog bite injury lawyer in Marion, IL. Find an experienced dog bite injury lawyer in Marion, IL to give you insight into your situation, investigate the events of the accident, calculate the value of your damages, argue with the insurance company, demand complete payment and take care of all legal aspects of your case. The dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law in Marion, IL fight fearlessly until we secure the complete recovery you deserve for your Marion, IL dog bite injury. After your dog bite injury, contact us immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Marion, IL Near You
If you or a family member are injured in a dog bite attack in Marion, IL, it is important that you take the proper action. After receiving critical medical care right away after the incident, you must speak to experienced dog bite injury attorneys in Marion, IL as soon as possible. The Marion, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law are committed to your case, handling all parts of your claim and demanding your recovery from the moment you hire us. Put our decades of experience and hundreds of claim wins to work for you and allow us to help you obtain a complete recovery after you or a loved one experience a traumatic dog bite injury in Marion, IL. Speak to our dog bite lawyers in Marion, IL today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form right now. We will begin fighting for your full recovery from the moment you hire us.