How to Chose a Law Firm Columbia, MO
How To Choose a Law Firm Columbia, MO. If you or someone you love has been injured in a personal injury or wrongful death case, one of the first things you need to do is hire an attorney. Your choice of a lawyer and law firm in Columbia, MO to represent you in any legal proceeding is a significant decision. A large part of your future depends upon the skill and dedication of the firm you choose. Out of the countless law firms to choose from in Columbia, MO, how do you know if you are making the right decision? If you or someone you know has been injured by another person's negligence and you need a skilled, experienced personal injury lawyer with a reputable law firm in Columbia, MO to represent you, reach out to Burger Law right now. Our personal injury law firm near Columbia, MO is a leader in personal injury law. Our distinguished attorneys hold a number of peer-reviewed awards and together have over 70 years of combined experience litigating and, when necessary, trying cases. Together with our excellent legal support staff, the lawyers of our Columbia, MO personal injury law firm have made it possible for people affected by injuries in Missouri and Illinois recover over $170 million for their damages. We fight to secure your rightful complete compensation. We do not give up and accept the first offer. We continue to negotiate for the best possible settlement and go so far as to reduce your medical liens as much as possible to allow you to keep the compensation you deserve. When you choose Burger Law as your personal injury law firm, we will start fighting for you immediately. Call us now at or fill out this form. Our experienced Columbia, MO personal injury lawyers will discuss your case with you for free.
Burger Law is a Missouri and Illinois law firm serving Columbia, MO. As our client, we offer you thoughtful legal representation from the beginning of your claim until you get the compensation you deserve. As your law firm, we take care of every aspect of your case and communicate with you often you informed of the exact status of your case and your options as they arise. Our Columbia, MO law firm's skilled lawyers and knowledgeable legal staff rigorously fight for you and your family until you see the best possible outcome. Throughout your case, we provide steadfast support and sound advice during the stress and uncertainty that can come from filing a personal injury claim. We are here for you and will begin fighting for you immediately. To answer any questions you have and to better understand the claims process have created an arsenal of free resources such as our very own Youtube channel, Lawyer V. Lawyer podcast, free books written by attorney Gary Burger and many other free resources. Gain insight into your options in your personal injury case and find the law firm that is right for you today.
Choosing a Personal Injury Law Firm in Columbia, MO
Your legal process begins by hiring a law firm. When you have a personal injury claim, you are likely unfamiliar with the civil suit process and have many questions, the first of which is how to choose a law firm in Columbia, MO to handle your case. You need and deserve to choose a law firm near Columbia, MO that will not only provide adequate legal representation and counsel in Missouri or Illinois courts, but is also able to give you thoughtful, heartfelt guidance throughout the process and is willing to do whatever it takes to get you a complete recovery.
We know that choosing a law firm in Columbia, MO is a significant decision and one that should not be made hastily. You have innumerable personal injury law firms to choose from in Columbia, MO. Burger Law is dedicated to assisting all individuals and families affected by negligence-related injuries in Columbia, MO, and throughout Missouri and Illinois—not only those who choose to hire us as their law firm—get access to quality legal help and vital information about the claims process. We want you to choose a law firm near Columbia, MO that is right for you and your needs. That is why we have made accessible many resources directiong people with personal injury claims on the process from hiring a lawyer to making a claim to accepting a settlement. Begin your personal injury claim by choosing a law firm near Columbia, MO that is right for you.
Have More Questions? Download A Free Book Today
Gary Burger and the Burger Law firm have made it a priority to give the public the resources and information they need to make decisions in their personal injury cases. Find answers to common questions and valuable information for all types of personal injury cases throughout our site and in our free books.
Written by our Principle Founder injury lawyer Gary Burger, our law firm has published a number of books to help you in your injury claim. See the book that discusses all the questions you need to ask in the process of hiring a lawyer for your claim, download it below, or see all of our books available for free download.
Workers' Compensation in Missouri
When you are hurt on the job, collect the workers' compensation benefits you need with guidance from our accomplished workers' compensation attorneys in St. Louis.
Things You Need To Do
When trying to choose a law firm in Columbia, MO for your personal injury needs, there are a few things you need to do in order to collect all pertinent information and make a careful decision based on an accurate understanding of each firm you are considering. If you are unfamiliar with how to choose a law firm inColumbia, MO for your legal needs, take full advantage of the information available to you and do not waste any time. The sooner you hire a law firm, the sooner they can begin working for you and toward winning your case. To choose a law firm in Columbia, MO, you should do your homework, request a consultation and ask questions. Being informed will help you choose a law firm in Columbia, MO that meets your needs.
- Research. With the Internet at your fingertips, you have an endless spring of information to tap into. Do your homework on the Columbia, MO law firm you are considering. You can usually find information on the law firm's website and various legal directories about the law firm and its lawyers' qualifications, honors and credentials, cases they have won, their news and press coverage and more. Another great way to research and understand how the law firm works with its clients is to look into their client testimonials, reviews and referrals from fellow Columbia, MO area law firms. You can find information about the lawyers' education and qualifications, the types of cases the law firm takes and the law firm's reputation in the Columbia, MO legal community. This information is invaluable when you need to choose a law firm in Columbia, MO.
- Request a free consultation. Many Columbia, MO law firms offer you a free initial consultation or case review to allow you to better understand your legal situation and to get some insight into working with that firm, should you choose to hire that law firm. Do not pass up this excellent opportunity to get to know the people in the law firm that would be handling your case. Regardless of the Columbia, MO law firm you ultimately choose, participating in a free consultation before hiring a lawyer will give you valuable information regardingyour legal situation such as what legal recourse is available to you, what to expect from the suit process and what outcomes may be likely. In addition, the consultation is your chance to ask the Columbia, MO law firm questions about what services they offer you as their client.
- Ask questions. It is so important to ask questions before you commit to or decide to choose a law firm for your case. Your Columbia, MO law firm should be a team of legal experts who can easily offer you answers to your technical and legal questions about your situation and your case. Make sure the law firm you choose and its professional staff have the legal skill, practical experience and comprehensive knowledge to confidently answer all of your questions. Beyond legal skill, you deserve a dedicated and personally-invested lawyer who is able to honestly answer your questions about their qualifications and how they can help you. Ask questions about what value they can add to your case, the cases they have worked on that are similar to yours, what fees they charge and more. When you hire a law firm in Columbia, MO, you should be able to make an informed choice with clear expectations before you commit. Attorney Gary Burger has written a free book with great advice for anybody who needs to choose a law firm in Columbia, MO, including a list of what questions you need to ask before you hire a lawyer. You can read that book here.
Questions You Should Ask
When you or your family find yourselves need a personal injury lawyer for the first time, you might not know how to choose a law firm. The biggest favor you can do yourself is to ask questions before you choose a law firm. Start out by asking these important questions:
Will a firm's named partner handle my personal injury claim, will it be handled by a newer or inexperienced lawyer, or will it be handled out?
When you choose Burger Law, Gary Burger or one of our trusted, experienced Columbia, MO personal injury attorneys will handle your entire case. Your designated lawyer and our knowledgeable staff will be responsible for every single part of your case. If you have a case outside of our practice areas, we will proudly refer you to a Columbia, MO lawyer or law firm that we personally trust to take your particular case.
Has my lawyer had experience in these cases?
At Burger Law, we are extensively familiar with all types of personal injury cases. More importantly, we know what it takes to win these cases. Personal injury is our area of expertise. We are not like other firms that do a little bit of everything, from criminal defense to workers' compensation to family law. We have committed our entire firm to car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, and other personal injury claims. We have over half a century of professional experience and will work hard to maximize your recovery.
Does the law firm have the resources to fight for my case?
We always finance our own cases and never ask for money upfront. We will not take a case we are uncomfortable financing. If we do represent you and your family, our law firm is well funded and will put all the necessary resources into winning your suit. We also have an expansive network of experts throughout the United States who are available to assist us in providing expert testimony which is often crucial in winning personal injury cases. We always go above and beyond to win your case.
Is the law firm all talk or do they really know how to win a case?
Gary and our other lawyers are in court, depositions, trials and hearings regularly. We are legally required to warn that “the choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on marketing”. We completely agree with that statement. When you choose a law firm in Columbia, MO, are you attracted by a nice billboard or a persuasive social media ad, or do you want an attorney who is truly committed to helping you win your case?
Gary and the attorneys of Burger Law win personal injury cases all the time, including the tough ones. We file lawsuits and demand that the insurance companies and negligent clients are held accountable and forced to pay our clients the complete value of their damages. The team of attorneys of Burger Law handle our personal injury cases ourselves. Gary Burger, Genavieve Fikes or Michael Sheldon will represent you fearlessly.
Explore some of Burger Law's case specialties below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
In addition to the personal injury legal services we provide at our Columbia, MO law firm, we get involved in our Columbia, MO community by donating our time and resources to a variety of charities and initiatives. We are proud to be a part of Columbia, MO and strive to do our part to help our community.
Things To Think About
When you are in a position where you to know how to choose a law firm in Columbia, MO that will best meet your needs and be most effective in getting you the outcome you desire in your case, you should weigh several factors in that decision. This significant decision should not be based on an individual factor. Instead, it should be based on your assessment of many factors of each Columbia, MO law firm weighed against each other. Consider all the facts and characteristics before you choose a law firm. When you do choose a law firm in Columbia, MO, pay attention to all of the following factors.
You should make a decision based on:
- Practice areas: does the Columbia, MO law firm typically handle cases like yours?
- Case results: do they have a history of impressive wins in the cases they represent?
- Testimonials: what do recent clients have to say about working with the law firm?
- Office staff: is there a staff of capable and attentive paralegals and support staff who can keep your case organized and keep you informed?
- Awards: has the Columbia, MO law firm been recognized as a leader by their peers through industry awards and recognition?
- Firm size: is it a large firm with multiple locations across the country or a single-person operation? There are benefits and drawbacks to both small and large firms.
- Experience: does the lawyer you would be working with have experience going to trial and litigating difficult cases? Have they been in practice for at least a few years?
- Location: is the firm's office easy for you to get to or is the lawyer able to come to you?
- Communication: is the staff available to answer when you contact them? Do they communicate with you often and in a way that is helpful and organized?
How to Chose a Law Firm Columbia, MO | Hire a Law Firm Now
After youhave been injured in Columbia, MO and have a personal injury case, you have limited time to file a suit and pursue compensation in court. In any case where there is a serious injury or there are disputes about who is at fault, you absolutely must hire a capable Columbia, MO personal injury law firm to represent you and fight for a complete recovery. With your future on the line, it is important that you choose a law firm in Columbia, MO that is capable of and willing to demand that the defendant and their insurance company pay you what they owe. Choose a law firm in Columbia, MO that has the legal capability to secure maximum compensation in your case as well as the personal capacity to offer you meaningful support you throughout your entire case. Our personal injury law firm near Columbia, MO will fight until we get you the compensation you deserve. We are committed to standing up against the negligent and their insurance companies and are passionate about improving the lives of individuals and families who have been injured in Columbia, MO and throughout Missouri and Illinois. We demand justice for you and treat your case with the compassion and dedication you deserve from your Columbia, MO law firm. Discuss your case with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Columbia, MO about your case for free today and we will start fighting for you. Call us immediately at or fill out a form here. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for you and help you and your family recover.