They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Republic, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Republic, Missouri. If you or someone you care about were hurt because a doctor did not offer you the proper care that you deserved, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great results for the injured and vulnerable in Republic and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other medical professional in Republic, MO disregarded your health. When we seek medical attention, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our health — and at times even our lives — in trustworthy hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse sickness or harm as a result, believe in the seasoned and knowledgeable Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to deliver you justice and a full financial recovery. Not only are we understanding and committed to the injured in Republic, MO, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the negligent doctor to take accountability. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to know that we mean business and will not take anything but a full financial recovery. Negligent health care can have terrible, permanent repercussions, and in the most tragic circumstances can even lead to wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience pushing back against bullies and getting the best possible results for the injured, we have secured our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or someone you love has been hurt by a careless medical professional in Republic, MO, get in touch with Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much your claim may be worth by using our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Republic, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Data from John Hopkins Medicine found that one-tenth of all fatalities in the United States are due to medical error. Just one percent of physicians account for just about 33 percent of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to continue practicing without any punishment. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold negligent doctors to blame, you can be certain the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice lawsuits end with the plaintiff recovering compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was paid out in medical malpractice claims. You need devoted and accomplished Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you are awarded the great compensation you are owed.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Republic, MO Can Hold To Blame in Your Claim
We usually immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be guilty of medical negligence in your case. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice claims are typically complicated; it may not be clear right away who was liable, or many parties could be liable. The dependable and talented Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will perform a full investigation into your case and make certain that each party that caused you harm is held accountable for their careless behavior.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Republic, MO
Medical negligence takes place when a healthcare professional breaches the standard of care, which is how a capable doctor in the same practice area and same geographic location would have treated your health problems. Our Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that take place in a variety of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice cases that occur in out-of-hospital treatment. Roughly 12 million Americans are misdiagnosed each year. Diagnosing medical issues early on is critical in realizing the best possible results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can cause a delay to the care you desperately need to become healthier, or can lead to incorrect treatment that compounds your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most life-threatening health conditions, such as:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice claim when it comes to inpatient treatment. There are at least 4,000 surgical mistakes in the United States each year, and frighteningly, the most common example is performing surgery on the wrong body part. Other examples can include accidental cuts, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like sponges remaining inside the patient, infections or failure to address difficulties emerge after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die each year owing to medication errors. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving the wrong dosage or failing to recognize interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a main contributor to the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs roughly $210 billion each year. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 doctors and found that physicians themselves believe that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- More than one-fifth of prescription medications
- Almost a quarter of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- More than one-fifth of medical treatment in general
Unneeded treatment can lead to surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
About 6 to 8 out of a thousand children born in the United States suffer a serious birth injury each year. Not properly observing the child throughout delivery, not appropriately using birthing procedures or not diagnosing a health condition with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical malpractice that can lead to long-term or permanent consequences.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act put in place a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to safeguard and ensure their physical, emotional and social well-being. When a nursing home institution or staff neglects those rights and your loved one is hurt as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them liable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
We all have an inherent right to make choices for ourselves. When a healthcare institution does not inform you of risks, or fails to obtain your consent before a procedure, it is an outrageous breach of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers have experience with every sort of malpractice suit. We know the traumatic repercussions a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the anger and sorrow that comes with discovering that your trust was betrayed. We hold negligent doctors accountable and deliver our Republic, MO clients the best possible financial recovery they deserve and require to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have exhaustive medical comprehension and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor violated the standard of care. Contact our medical malpractice lawyers in Republic, MO at once at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Browse the links below to see some of the latest successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have gotten for our clients in Republic, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice cases are notably tough to win. That is why you need excellent medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, determination and talent to get you the maximum financial recovery you know you deserve. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get started on your case at once
- Connect you with trustworthy and capable physicians to finally get you the medical care you deserve
- Conduct a full investigation, including collecting medical records, professional testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Converse with our team of Republic, MO medical experts to establish standard of care in your case, show how the treatment you received was substandard and prove negligence
- Offer empathetic, wise and honest legal counsel
- Make sure you informed throughout your claim so you are not left in the dark and you know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Oversee every legal aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on recovering
- Confer with with economic experts to determine precisely how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance company to secure you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company does not want to offer what you are owed in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most residents of Republic, MO does not have the resources and legal knowledge to counter the expensive defense teams of doctors and large insurance companies. For that reason, our Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe us anything until we get you the maximum financial recovery you deserve. We have devoted our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Republic, MO have access to the highest standard of legal advocacy, one that matches and eclipses that of large corporations. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to eliminate every barrier standing between you and justice.
Basic Requirements for a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error committed by medical institution or doctor amounts to malpractice. In order to collect compensation for improper care in Republic, MO, you must prove four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was established. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is commonly very easy to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was negligent. You need to be able to show that a capable doctor in the same field, in the same geographical location caring for the same health issue, would not have made the same error.
- The doctor’s breach of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This is often tough to prove, as patients under a doctor’s care are normally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. Examples include physical pain, a disability, additional medical expenses, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also be required to include an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your suit, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that states that a) the doctor did not give you the care that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence caused the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a wealth of experienced and professional medical connections in Republic and throughout Missouri who will help authenticate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Recover? | Republic, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you receive usually falls into two categories: economic damages, which are meant to compensate you for the monetary loss you have sustained due to a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which are meant to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have affected your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence led to a disability that does not allow you to carry out the duties of your job anymore
- Medical expenses, including:
- Subsequent doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or required upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work tirelessly until you get every cent that you deserve. We know that some injuries are impossible to really heal from, but we fight to make certain that you are made whole again.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of essential aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you navigate damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239 in an effort to lower insurance premiums for medical liability. The bill establishes "damage caps" on the amount you can recover in a medical malpractice case in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those limits are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Republic, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are higher because they impact your ability to function in your daily life and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you establish if your injury can be considered catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 says that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Republic, MO?
If you or a loved one were injured by a physician's substandard care in Republic, MO, it is key to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers at once. While most personal injury claims have a time limit of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice lawsuits only have a time limit of two years, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been hurt your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three noteworthy exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor neglected to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or your family member was under 18 on the date of the substandard care, you have until they turn 20.
There is no time to delay. Get in touch with the Burger Law Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers now. We get started on your case right away and do not rest until you have been fully compensated . Waiting could create complications your claim and could make it hard for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to prove the full effects of your damages. Call Burger Law's Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Republic, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a physician was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in Republic, MO. We fight hard for our clients and work around the clock to get them the great results they need to move forward with their lives. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let medical professionals, large hospitals manipulate your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Republic, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.