Get justice for your loved one today
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Nixa, MO
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney in Nixa, MO. Take action toward getting justice for you and your loved one today; call our Nixa, MO nursing home negligence attorneys in Nixa, MO at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form now. A Burger Law nursing home negligence lawyer in Nixa, MO will start fighting to get you the compensation you are entitled to immediately.
We entrust nursing homes to care for our family members when they are vulnerable. Occasionally they betray that trust by allowing nursing home negligence or nursing home abuse to happen on their premises. When that happens, they need to pay for breaking the rules. The Nixa, MO nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law will make certain you and your loved one receive the full compensation you deserve to help safeguard your future and get you started on the road to recovery. Call us today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online so we can begin working on your case immediately. For more than twenty years, Nixa, MO residents have put their cases in our trustworthy hands and insurance companies have come to fear us because we are relentless in our demand for justice and your full compensation.
Your loved one might need special care such as daily medication or help moving around if they have poor mobility. You expect nursing homes to afford them adequate care regardless of their situation. Nursing home negligence and nursing home abuse can happen either because of administrative negligence or owing to the behavior or inaction of the nursing home staff. Some nursing homes do not conduct adequate background checks before hiring a staff member, and some nursing homes are too short-staffed to provide proper care. When nursing home staff are negligent and cause harm to your loved one, you need a skilled nursing home negligence attorney on your side to protect your loved one and help you heal.
Missouri Law requires nursing home administrators and staff to report any signs of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect, and not doing so is in itself a form of negligence. The empathetic and seasoned nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law will hold Nixa, MO nursing homes and their workers accountable when they break the rules and abuse or neglect your loved one. From building your case to negotiating to insisting on full compensation, your Burger Law nursing home negligence attorney in Nixa, MO has the savvy required to help you win your case. If the negligent party will not pay the recovery you and your family are owed, we will fearlessly argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We continually sharpen our trial and litigation skills and will demand to juries that you recover the money you deserve.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention define nursing home negligence as the “failure to meet an older adult’s basic needs. These needs include food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene and essential medical care.” The expert Nixa, MO nursing home negligence lawyers at Burger Law have fought every variety of nursing home negligence case, and have the talent and experience to get you the best possible recovery and help you and your loved one whole again.
Bedsores can also be referred to as pressure sores, decubitus ulcers, or pressure ulcers. In a 2004 study, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of nursing home residents suffered from bedsores. Bedsores happen in four stages, classified by the depth of soft tissue damage.
- Stage 1: A persistent redness of the skin.
- Stage 2: A loss of partial thickness of skin appearing as an abrasion, blister or shallow crater.
- Stage 3: A loss of full thickness of skin, evidenced by a deep crater.
- Stage 4: A loss of full thickness of skin revealing muscle or bone. This stage can often lead to infection.
Most bedsores in nursing homes are stage 2 bedsores on residents' lower backs, which are called sacral ulcers. Healing can take months or even years, based on which stage the ulcer is in. If you notice that a loved one residing in a nursing home is suffering from bed sores, speak to a nursing home negligence attorney immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Bedsores occur when the blood supply is cut off to a part of the skin in excess of two or three hours, and are particularly common in patients in wheelchairs or who are confined to beds. Nixa, MO nursing homes should check their patients’ skin daily, regularly clean and dry their skin and change any bandages every day. Neglecting to do so is an example of nursing home negligence. Any red marks need to receive medical care straight away. Any nursing home resident who is immobile or confined to a wheelchair or bed should have their position changed every two hours. If your family member has suffered from any stage of bedsore as a result of nursing home negligence, you need the talented nursing home negligence attorneys at Burger Law to fight by your side to make sure you collect the maximum compensation you and your loved one are owed.
Social or Emotional Neglect
Nursing homes are responsible for their resident's entire health, including their social and emotional health. Like every human, the elderly need a positive social life to thrive. Nursing homes can be a magnificent way for the elderly to make new friends in their old age. However, administrators or employees not allowing residents from interacting with others is a kind of nursing home negligence. This can transpire if they accidentally leave vulnerable residents by themselves, neglect to provide canes, wheelchairs or walkers to residents who need assistance moving around or fail to move residents with severe mobility or cognitive limitations. If your loved one has been denied the social interaction that every human needs and deserves, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT and our committed and compassionate nursing home negligence attorneys will insist that you and your family collect a complete financial recovery. As your Nixa, MO nursing home negligence lawyer, we will use our savvy and experience to investigate, construct and prove your case of social or emotional negligent.
Failure to Provide Basic Living Needs
Instances of that are neglecting to keep the nursing home at a proper temperature, not cleaning the rooms or common areas regularly or not providing sufficient, healthy or safe food and water. If a resident needs medication it must be provided at the appropriate time, every time, and in the right dosage. Failure to properly give medication is a kind of nursing home negligence. If a nursing home or its employees do not give your family member the medicine and attention they need, you need the skill and experience of Burger Law’s Nixa, MO nursing home negligence lawyers to make sure the nursing home pays. Confer about your suit with us right away at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form.
Negligent COVID-19 Protocols
If you have a family member in a Nixa, MO nursing home who became very sick or died because of COVID-19, you may be wondering if that is an example of nursing home negligence. It can be, and it is best to call one of our Nixa, MO nursing home negligence attorneys straight away at (314) 500-HURT to understand your options if your family member's nursing home and their workers did not respect the rules with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While COVID-19 guidelines are a new part of life for many of us, nursing homes have been required to have guidelines in place for putting an end to the spread of infectious diseases for years. They have to comply with federal laws which include:
- Isolate and quarantine infected patients from the other residents
- Implement an “Infection Control Program”“Infection Control Program”
- Prohibit sick workers from coming to work
- Disinfect the residents’ rooms, common areas, tables, chairs and door handles often
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves if an outbreak happens. Too often personal protective equipment is not worn or not switched out between visits to other residents
When you hire a knowledgeable and veteran Nixa, MO nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law, we will contact your family member's nursing home immediately to procure their records detailing how they handled sick residents and staff. If we discover they were careless, we will fight by your side and insist that you get maximum compensation.
Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Nixa, MO: Nursing Home Abuse
While a lot of mistreatment of nursing home residents can be assigned to negligence, sometimes administrators or employees break the rules to a greater extent and cause purposeful harm. The nursing home abuse attorneys at Burger law will make those bullies pay for this reprehensible conduct and fight by your side until you collect the maximum recovery you and your loved one are owed to help you heal.
Instances of nursing home abuse can include:
- Physical Abuse. If staff are wantonly causing physical harm, such as pushing, kicking, pulling or hitting, they are committing abuse. Call a Burger Law Nixa, MO nursing home attorney immediately.
- Emotional Abuse. This can include yelling, taunting or “toying” with a resident—particularly someone with dementia or a degenerative brain disease such as Alzheimer’s.
- Sexual Abuse. In 2017, CNN reported that over 1,000 nursing homes in the United States received citations for mismanaging accusations of sexual battery.
- Financial Exploitation. The elderly are at heightened risk of becoming targets of theft and fraud. Criminal nursing home workers may steal your grandmother’s checkbook or credit card or influence them into modifying their will or assigning a mysterious power of attorney. There are also various scams and frauds that take advantage of the elderly, including someone calling your loved one, pretending to be you and then asking for money. The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has a comprehensive guide for nursing homes and how they can protect their residents from financial manipulation.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Nursing Home Negligence
If you have a loved one who lives in a nursing home in Nixa, MO, you might fear that they are not being provided the attentive care they are entitled to. There are some warning signs that you can be on the lookout for to make certain your loved one is not suffering from nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. If you observe any of the warning signs below and are worried your loved one is the victim of neglect, call your nursing home negligence attorney at (314) 500-HURT now.
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Bruises, burns, welts, cuts, lacerations or fractures
- Dehydration or malnourishment
- Fatigue, insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Poor hygiene and poor dental hygiene
- Worsening existing conditions
- New or untreated medical conditions
- Significant personality changes such as irritability or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Complaining about the staff
- Unpaid bills when you know there should be adequate money in their account
As many Nixa, MO nursing home residents unfortunately face degenerating health as they age, these symptoms are do not always point to nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse. However, if you see any potential indications it is important to speak with your family member and ask them about the treatment they are getting. Contact an experienced and compassionate nursing home negligence attorney at Burger Law so we can help you discover if your loved one is getting the treatment they deserve or if the nursing home workers have been negligent. If anyone has disregarded the rules, your Burger Law negligence attorney will hold them accountable. As a leading Nixa, MO law firm, the attorneys of Burger Law welcome the difficult cases and do not rest until our clients get every penny they are owed.
What to do if a Loved One is Experiencing Nursing Home Negligence in Nixa, MO
Fortunately, there are a lot of avenues for finding help if a family member is experiencing nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse in Nixa, MO. The seasoned and expert nursing home negligence and abuse attorneys at Burger Law will help you navigate this hard time and provide you and your loved one with genuine support, sound direction and aggressive representation throughout your entire nursing home negligence claim.
In Nixa, MO you can call the Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline at tel:1-800-392-0210 or go to health.mo.gov to report suspected abuse. When you report abuse, you will need to answer the following questions as best you can:
- The personal and contact information of yourself, of the loved one you suspect is experiencing neglect, of the suspected abuser and of anyone who could possess more information about the neglect
- The circumstances that led you to believe that your family member was being abused, neglected or financially exploited with as many specific details as possible
- Whether or not the person being abused is in immediate danger, when the best time to contact them is, if they are aware of the report and if a social worker might be in danger if they visit the nursing home to investigate
- Your relationship to your loved one
- If you want to be contacted again
Disclose any other relevant information you think is pertinent to the report. When you believe or discover that your family member is being mistreated and harmed in the nursing home or other facility where they live, you have to call to an accomplished and professional nursing home negligence attorney in the Nixa, MO area right away. Our expert nursing home legal team will stand by your side and fight to win a full recovery for you and your family. Permit us to begin fighting for justice and the best possible compensation for you today by calling us at (314) 500-HURT now.
The Nixa, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a St. Louis and Missouri Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
While we can be thankful that there are institutions that track nursing home negligence and work to investigate accusations, it is also vitally important that you contact a talented and accomplished Nixa, MO nursing home negligence lawyer right away. As a nursing home negligence lawyer with Burger Law, we have seen every category of nursing home abuse case. We are well-versed in the regulations nursing home staff break that are supposed to keep our loved ones safe and we understand how to hold negligent rule breakers accountable, letting you get the compensation you deserve. We have exceptional trial and litigation capabilities and will not cease fighting until you get the full compensation you deserve.
We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call (314) 500-HURT or contact us online today to talk to a dedicated Nixa, MO Nursing Home Negligence Attorney. Our nursing home negligence and abuse lawyers are standing by to answer your legal questions for free and remain devoted to your family’s recovery from the second you hire us until the day you get a full recovery for the damages you and your loved one have experienced. Call (314) 500-HURT to speak to your Nixa, MO nursing home negligence attorney now.