Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Columbia, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Columbia, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Columbia, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the great recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
Columbia, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of someone else’s dangerous actions or recklessness, you are outraged and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Columbia, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, you need the accomplished and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get the best possible compensation. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Columbia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not rest until you collect a complete recovery. We manage all every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a profound effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you still have some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just undergoing emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Columbia, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved negligently and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Columbia, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like brushing your teeth are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also recover maximum compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading schemes to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Columbia, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the full compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Columbia, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim right away. We will gather all relevant evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car collision experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Nearly a third of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property must preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Columbia, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property owner responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Columbia and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the tough cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Columbia, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as defective brakes, that result in auto crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Columbia, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Columbia, MO work environment was hazardous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Columbia, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Columbia, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Columbia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously inhibit your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Columbia, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless actions. Our Columbia, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to compute, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Columbia, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Columbia, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Columbia, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to win you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Columbia, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case straight.