Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Nixa, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Nixa, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to converse with a knowledgeable lawyer in Nixa, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to insist on the great recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law right away.
Nixa, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of another person's irresponsible actions or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Nixa, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where someone else broke the rules and injured you, you need the knowledgeable and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get the best possible compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Nixa, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not let up until you collect a full recovery. We oversee every every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme impact on your ability to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to make sure you are fully compensated for the disastrous effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some measure of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Nixa, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved dangerously and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Nixa, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like brushing your teeth are no longer possible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Nixa, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Nixa, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car accident experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Nixa, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property operators responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Nixa and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the buyer. When they are negligent and you sustain a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Nixa, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that lead to car crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved a design with an inherent fault, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Nixa, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Nixa, MO work circumstances were hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Nixa, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a judge will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Nixa, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Nixa, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your faculty to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Nixa, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Nixa, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Nixa, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Nixa, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Nixa, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Nixa, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case straight.