Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Tipton, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Tipton, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Tipton, MO about your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to demand the great recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Tipton, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating effect on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are upset and you may not know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Tipton, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you need the accomplished and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Tipton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case at once and we do not rest until you are awarded a great recovery. We manage each every detail of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the devastating impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some amount of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Tipton, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved thoughtlessly and broke the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Tipton, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer doable. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also recover full compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Tipton, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a complimentary case review to see what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you the entire compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Tipton, MO at for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will collect all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto collision experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Tipton, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property operators liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Tipton and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the difficult cases and that we demand great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Tipton, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that cause auto collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Tipton, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to ensure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Tipton, MO work environment was unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Tipton, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury was incurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Tipton, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Tipton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the complete recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely hamper your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Tipton, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Tipton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Tipton, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Tipton, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Tipton, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to get you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Tipton, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can start working on your case straight.