Workers Compensation Lawyer Jefferson County, MO
Fighting for Injured Workers' Compensation and Recovery.
You're hurt and need help, but your employer wants you to take responsibility for the accident, or only get medical partial medical care instead of the full amount you need. Don't do either. Your full recovery is more important than their bottom line, and Missouri Workers' Compensation Laws protect your rights and your recovery. Our Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Jefferson County are prepared to fight your employer in court, if need be, to get you 100% of the care and rehabilitation you deserve.
You neither asked for nor wanted an injury, but because of a work requirement or practice, your hurt. You've shown up for work day and day out, and your employer should appreciate your loyalty and take care of your needs. Some businesses find workers more expendable than others, sadly. If you need help fighting your workers' compensation claim, the Workers Compensation Lawyers of Burger Law can help. We are a Workers' Compensation Law Firm in Jefferson County that is dedicated to fighting for the rights of Jefferson County families affected by work injuries. Our main goal is to provide you with the care you need. If we don't win your workers compensation claim in Jefferson County you won't owe us any fees. Call or Contact our Workers' Compensation Lawyers immediately to protect your claim, and your recovery.
If you have any additional questions about Missouri Compensation Laws, what you should do immediately following a work accident, or how an Attorney can help your claim, we have more information further down the page that may be relevant to your needs. If you need to speak with an Attorney immediately, call 866-599-2222.
Workers Compensation Attorney Jefferson County, MO
What if I'm forced to work with an injury?
Employers expect productivity, and often push their workers to return to work after an injury as quickly as possible. They will want you to talk to company doctors who will downplay your injuries. This is a bogus and underhanded tactic that larger employers use to skirt your workers' compensation rights and recovery. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Jefferson County won't allow your employer to get away with these underhanded tactics, and will make them pay for the damages they have caused you. If you've been injured, our Work Comp Firm advises that you take these steps to secure your recovery and defend your claim:
- Document your Injuries - Talk to your doctor, or a third party doctor. A third party doctor will have no connection to your employer, and won't be trying to protect their bottom line.
- Document All conversations with your Employer - You should document and record every conversation that you and your employer have about your work injury. Try and get all of the conversations on record. Paper trails can be used to protect you in the event that your employer tries to lie about a conversation.
- Document the Business' Practices Regarding Injury - Your employer's HR department should have a set method for dealing with work injuries. You can cross-examine the care you received compared to what the business' practices say you are owed.
- Document the Hours you are required to work while injured, and the tasks you are asked to do - If you're forced to work while injured, document what you do, who the supervisor is, and how many hours you worked. This can be used against your employer.
The actions you take immediately following a workplace injury, and the actions your employer take are going to set the stage for your workers' compensation claim. If you are being taken care of, and your employer is meeting 100% of your needs, then you may not need a lawyer. If this isn't the case, and you are being penalized for your injury, or your employer is trying unjustly fire you to protect themselves, contact our Work Comp Lawyers in Jefferson County immediately.
Workers' Compensation Lawyer Jefferson County and Missouri
Our Lawyers will fight to ensure you get the care and recovery you deserve
According to MO Workers' Comp statutes, you are entitled to certain rights and recoveries. Here is what your employer should provide you according to MO laws:
- Your medical care authorized and medical expenses paid by your employer.
- Two-thirds (⅔) of your average weekly wage while you cannot work.
- A lump sum (and tax-free) disability payment for permanent partial disability (PPD) or permanent total disability (PTD).
For more information on Missouri's Workers' Compensation Laws, here are the compiled statutues.
If you need to report an injury at work, or if you have further questions about the Missouri legal process that involves a workers' compensation claim, our Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Jefferson County can guide you through the process to ensure that everything is completed correctly.
Work Comp Lawyer Jefferson County
Protect your Workers' Compensation Claim, and your Recovery
Your claim and your recovery need to be protected. You're a hardworking employee. You've given your employer your blood and sweat, and have been a model employee. The fact that your employer is now giving you a hard way to go is disgusting. For all of your years of hard work, you should be taken care of. If you aren't being taken care of, we will fight for you every step of the way. Burger Law is a Workers' Compensation Law Firm in Jefferson County that successfully fights for and defends the rights of Jefferson County residents. When we take on your claim, we fight for your rights, and your recovery, and we won't charge you any fees until we win your claim. To get the care and recovery you are owed, speak with our Jefferson County Workers' Compensation Lawyers as soon as possible.