Personal Injury AttorneySwiss, MO
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Our Swiss, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys at Burger Law have provided legal representation to clients throughout the Midwest. It is important to our firm to help people get the compensation and assistance they need after an accident. Our Swiss, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys can make sure you get the legal help you deserve. Do not hesitate to contact our firm today if you have any questions.
Selecting the right personal injury firm in Swiss, MO, is an important decision. Our lawyers' goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes general and special damages for your case like loss of income, property damages, medical treatment, pain and suffering, and others. We will cover this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your Swiss, MO, personal injury lawyers today if you think you might have a claim.
Do You Have an Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for Swiss, MO, personal injury clients. This includes vehicle-related accidents, worker's compensation, medical malpractice claims, premise liability, and other types of claims. Personal injury is a wide case-type that can involve any number of injuries. Birth injuries, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, swimming pool accidents: If there are financial damages, you may have a claim.
Burger Law's personal injury lawyers in Swiss, MO, will look into your case. If there are financial damages, it is important to receive quality legal support. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Common accident claims our firm works with include the following:
Our Swiss personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a case, you do not pay any legal fees. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Swiss, MO, now at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
One of the important factors in a personal injury case is determining negligence. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our Swiss, MO, injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few objectives for proving you have a legitimate case:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral "duty of care" in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner's "duty" to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party "breached" their duty of care. An example would be a driver who ignores a stop sign and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they're going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Burger Law's Swiss personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) help. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Greater St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From semi-truck accidents and product liability to worker's compensation cases and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the experience you need to win.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Swiss, MO
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is important to stay calm — below are a few things to keep in mind if you have been in an accident:
Our attorneys are often asked by clients if their claim will have to go to court. This is a possibility. However, this is rare if the case is properly managed. It is often estimated that around five percent of tort (personal injury) cases ever make it to a courtroom. Our Swiss, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and see if this is a possibility — we are not afraid to escalate a claim and take it to court.
There are three simple types of personal injury (tort) cases:
- An "Intentional Tort." This consists of assault, battery, fraud, trespassing, defamation, and other criminal-like behavior.
- The most common type of tort case is Negligence which involves anything from a dog bite and a car accident to workplace injuries and medical malpractice.
- Strict Liability torts are often cut and dry. These may include defective products, animal attacks, and other (obvious) dangerous activities.
Burger Law's Swiss, MO, personal injury attorneys will investigate your claim and make sure we approach it in the appropriate way to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. Do not hesitate to contact us now to speak with an actual lawyer.
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys in Swiss, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve.
Get Help Now
Injury claims typically rely on the legal theory of negligence and fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let our firm give you the legal support you deserve. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Swiss, MO, now for a consultation and case review.