Birth Injury Lawyer in St Louis, MO
Burger Law represents Birth Injury Victims throughout Missouri and Illinois
Birth Injury Attorney in St Louis, MO. Burger Law is a personal injury law firm that practices all areas of personal injury law including birth injury cases. It is truly unfortunate when doctors and nurses do not follow established rules and safe care guidelines in treating pregnant women or delivering children. When a medical professional does not follow the rules, their unsafe actions can result in injuries to and birth defects in children. The parents of these injured children must then pursue a medical malpractice claim against the medical providers for their unsafe conduct.
Typical birth injury claims include Brachial Plexus (or Erb’s palsy injuries) – shoulder dystocia or shoulder pulling on the pelvic bone causing nerve damage and a lack of use of the child’s arm, and forms of Cerebral Palsy – injuries resulting from a lack of oxygen to the in utero child prior to birth and usually immediately after birth. If your child was injured during birth, contact the birth injury attorneys at Burger Law to get started on your free case evaluation.
A Brachial Plexus injury, or Erb’s palsy, is a birth injury which occurs during vaginal delivery of a child. Due to the larger size of a child or for other reasons, the baby may be positioned in a certain way in the birth canal that creates a difficulty in delivering the shoulders after the child’s head emerges. Careful practitioners are experienced in a number of techniques to successfully deliver the child at that time (suction, forceps, and maneuvering the shoulders). The standard of care is to safely deliver the baby’s shoulders without injury. If a doctor forces the delivery, pulls too hard on the child’s head or neck, does not free the shoulders or does not use adequate suction, they can stretch and damage the baby’s nerves causing a lifetime of injuries including the loss of or use of an arm.
Why Should Burger Law Handle Your Birth Injury Claim?
- Our lawyers can travel to you to discuss your case
- Burger Law is backed by decades of experience
- We offer case evaluations at NO CHARGE
- Burger Law is listed as Top National Trial Lawyers
- Regardless of accident, we can handle your claim
- There are no fees unless we recover for you
- Our injury attorneys are recognized Super Lawyers
- Birth Injury cases receive personalized attention
- We are dedicated to recovering well for our clients
- Our representation is aggressive and results prove it
Cerebral Palsy usually occurs when the mother’s body cannot provide a sufficient amount of oxygen to the baby and the child is not delivered quickly enough. Lack of oxygen to the in utero child can result in hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, which negatively affects the brain and central nervous system. The need for a timely delivery of infants has been well known by the medical community for a long time. If your child suffers from cerebral palsy as a result of not being delivered promptly enough, contact Burger Law by calling (314) 542-2222 or completing our online contact form. Our birth injury lawyers look forward to working with you in recovering the compensation you deserve for the injuries your child has endured.
- Burger Law represents families of children affected by cerebral palsy, when caused by the negligence of the doctor during delivery. Sometimes during delivery, a doctor will not adequately and properly monitor whether a child is in distress and/or is getting sufficient oxygen and blood supply. That is why doctors use fetal heart monitors to assess […]Continue Reading
- Gary Burger settled Rebecca and Joshua Aubuchon v. Arthur Casey, a medical malpractice case in the City of St. Louis, Missouri. We pursued this case because Dr. Casey violently yanked and pulled on Joshua during delivery. The nurses immediately noted Joshua’s left arm was not moving properly. The family learned later that Joshua had suffered […]Continue Reading