Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a catastrophic bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents hardly ever receive the same attention as plane or train crashes, even though the can frequently be equally as dangerous and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Creve Coeur, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and obey the rules. When they break that trust and disregard the rules it can have ruinous, sometimes lifelong effects for you or the people you care about. Your Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make certain that you win the maximum compensation that you are owed for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over two decades of experience fighting for the rights of the injured in Creve Coeur and throughout Missouri and pushing back against bullies like deceptive insurance companies and people who egotistically do not want to be held responsible for their reckless actions. Our Creve Coeur, MO clients have put their claims and their futures in our accomplished hands, and to date we have collected for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, devotion, persistence, knowledge and experience to help secure justice in personal injury cases and help Creve Coeur, MO residents on their road to recovery. You should not have to lose wages, pay for exorbitant medical bills and also handle the emotional shock of your injury only because someone else broke the rules. If you or a family member has been injured in a Creve Coeur, MO bus accident, get in touch with the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review. We begin working on your case straight away, and you do not owe us any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Creve Coeur, MO because of another person's thoughtless behavior, find out how much your injury may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Creve Coeur, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you have sustained injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially undefended. After all, you were not the driver and you went aboard the bus presuming that the adequate safety protocols were adhered to. Creve Coeur, MO bus companies and drivers have firm laws they are supposed to follow, but sometimes they fail in those obligations and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is often exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to fully recover from, may have lifelong consequences or in the most tragic instances can even lead to wrongful death. The Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight by your side so you do not have to face an uncertain future alone. When you hire us we start investigating on your case straight away, and work tirelessly until you recover the full compensation you are entitled to. We have made a claim for every type of bus accident injury and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Creve Coeur, MO individuals and families into accepting less money than they are owed. Those Creve Coeur, MO insurance companies fear us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the hard cases. Call us today and let the empathetic, accomplished and relentless bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you safeguard your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are complex and can be difficult to comprehend for Creve Coeur, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial capabilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies and fighting the hard fight. When you hire our Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney team, we manage every aspect of your case. You can anticipate a veteran and talented bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the accident site as soon as possible. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer on the scene at any time of the day or night in order to obtain vital evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were close by. As buses carry a variety of passengers, there are usually other people who want the same answers and financial recovery you need. Eyewitness testimony is a essential part of winning your case.
- Acquire additional evidence such as tire marks, security footage, police reports, in additional to important details such as how long the driver had driven that day or when the last inspection and maintenance was conducted on the bus. Several different factors play a part in bus accidents, and your Burger Law Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney will discover why the crash happened and who needs to be held liable.
- Use our network of Creve Coeur, MO crash and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and compute precisely how much your injuries are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are owed and we will utilize our savvy and expertise to ensure you get it.
- Stand up to resistant Creve Coeur, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their bottom line than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and avoid their duty to compensate you. When you hire us, you can be sure those deceptive maneuvers will not work in your case.
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will use our expert litigation skills to secure you a full financial recovery for your damages.
Furthermore, our bus accident attorney team will be in your corner whole time. We take control of all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can spend all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We charge no attorneys fees until you get full compensation. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in a disastrous bus accident, contact an expert and devoted bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Because it takes so many people to operate a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who is liable. Fortunately, an accomplished and skilled Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every type of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to determine who needs to be held accountable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Creve Coeur, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- Driver age and experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that recently licensed drivers under the age of 25, in addition to more experienced drivers over the age of 55 were more likely to be driving when a bus accident took place.
- Driver action. While the same study found that just 4 percent of bus accidents were owing to an egregious offense such as the driver being intoxicated, a different study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus wrecks had committed driving errors, for instance, speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially the ones that are employed by commercial bus lines such as Greyhound that require drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become fatigued and can even fall asleep behind the wheel. While most busing companies have regulations about how many hours a driver can drive during a day or how frequently they have to take a break, those rules are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not obligated or followed.
- Road conditions. Given buses’ size and the difficulty of maneuvering them, slippery roads or Creve Coeur, MO construction areas can be especially risky for bus riders. In some cases a third party such as a construction company is liable. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you discover if that is true in your case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are overseen by regulatory entities, but much less than other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 personnel responsible for reviews for over 765,000 motor carriers, or just 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means inspectors often cannot stay ahead of the amount of inspections required. Some Creve Coeur, MO bus companies do not properly maintain their vehicles, causing them to be dangerous. Additionally, bus companies are required to make sure that their drivers are properly trained and are not overworked.
- Hazardous roads. Faults in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. Some typical examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Defective or missing traffic signals
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Insufficient lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the hazardous condition has been on the Creve Coeur, MO road, the better your odds of holding the negligent parties responsible. The negligent party may be a local Creve Coeur, MO government, or a third party whom the government contracted to eliminate the condition but either did not do so in a timely fashion or did not sufficiently repair it.
Once your expert Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney confirm the cause of your accident, they will be able to confirm who is liable for your injuries and how to take the next steps toward securing you the best possible financial recovery. Below are some examples of parties who are typically found negligent in bus accident claims.
Commercial Bus Lines
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are considered common carriers legally speaking, which means they have a duty of care to their customers to maintain their safety. One aspect of that duty of care is to make certain that their drivers are not driving too many miles without a break. Despite insisting that safety is their principal priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not complying with its own rules in regards to driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically obligated to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the vehicle to hold off sleepiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is not often obeyed as too many breaks could result in financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were because of driver fatigue. Moreover, many Greyhound customers have stated that their driver was eating during the time of a crash, which constitutes distracted driving.
Ensuring that Creve Coeur, MO buses are properly inspected and repaired and that safety equipment such as seatbelts are present and up-to-date are also part of the bus company's responsibility. A bus accident might be because of a bus company either failing to carry out routine inspections or neglecting to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are particularly prone to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies need to be mindful in their hiring practices. All drivers need to be sufficiently licensed and trained, and should only be permitted to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will perform a full investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the accident took place.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to certify the safety of their products and immediately issue recalls if a product is found to be dangerous. If they approve an inherently flawed design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning adequately, they are guilty of product liability. While they may attempt to place the blame on somebody else, your Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure careless parties are held accountable for their behavior.
The Creve Coeur or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can often be calamitous because of the amount of people involved and because they often happen in densely populated areas. While you can file a suit against the Creve Coeur, MO government, there are particular procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in personal injury claims. If you want to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is vital to reach out to a Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at once after your accident. Do not delay, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against an at-fault or thoughtless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a wreck because of driving mistakes. If they became distracted by eating or texting, did not stop when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Creve Coeur, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the terrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you ascend a bus you trust that driver with your safety and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation to heart and causes you injury, you can be certain that the devoted and relentless bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make them pay.
The Other Driver
Like any type of motor vehicle accident, there are frequently two or more drivers, and in some instances they each may bear a portion of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can injure you. If you were hurt in a bus wreck where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and veteran Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney will help you ascertain if they are liable and if you can make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the the kind of bus accident we most commonly see in Creve Coeur and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus accidents. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is liable, a school district in Creve Coeur, MO may also be held responsible, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when road conditions were especially bad or they did not carry out sufficient background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will generally be based on the severity of your injuries and how they have impacted and will affect they have on your life. You may have sustained a mild concussion that only needed a quick trip to an emergency room in Creve Coeur, MO and a couple weeks off work. Or, you may have sustained a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make sure that you are awarded a great financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We use our team of medical and economic experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However serious your injuries and however much they have impacted your life, Burger Law's Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney team will fight tirelessly to ensure that you receive the best possible compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Creve Coeur, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every type of bus accident case and know the immense anguish and catastrophic effect it can have on your and your family. Your Creve Coeur, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is passionate, accomplished, straightforward and relentless and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have gained over the past 20 years to get you the full recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, do not wait another second. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a complimentary consultation.