Standing by your side
Bus Accident Attorney in Pevely, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Pevely, MO. If you or someone you care about has been harmed in a devastating bus accident, take control of your recovery by calling Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents almost never get the same attention as plane or train wrecks, even though the can often be just as hazardous and fatal. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Pevely, MO bus drivers and bus companies to maintain our safety and respect the rules. When they eschew their responsibilities and do not respect the rules it can have terrible, sometimes permanent effects for you or your loved ones. Your Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make certain that you receive the best possible compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over 20 years of experience defending the injured in Pevely and throughout Missouri and pushing back against bullies like dishonest insurance companies and people who carelessly do not want to be held responsible for their careless behavior. Our Pevely, MO clients have put their cases and their futures in our trustworthy hands, and to date we have collected for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their hard work, devotion, relentlessness, knowledge and experience to help right wrongs in personal injury cases and help Pevely, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose work, pay for sky-high medical bills and also handle the emotional trauma of your injury only because somebody else broke the rules. If you or a family member has been injured in a Pevely, MO bus accident, get in touch with the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review. We start working on your claim at once, and you do not owe us any fees until we win your case.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Pevely, MO because of another person's careless actions, discover how much your injury may be worth by filling out our personal injury calculator.
What's The Process to Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
Click to view video
Click to view video
Do I Need a Pevely, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you were caused injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially vulnerable. After all, you were not the one driving and you got on the bus supposing that the appropriate safety arrangements were followed. Pevely, MO bus companies and drivers have strict regulations they have a responsibility to follow, but sometimes they neglect those duties and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is generally caused by bus accidents, injuries can take years to truly recover from, may have lifelong effects or in the worst cases can even lead to wrongful death. The Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will fight on your behalf so you do not need to go it alone. When you hire us we start working on your case straight away, and work relentlessly until you win the best possible compensation you are entitled to. We have experienced with every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and defraud injured Pevely, MO individuals and families into settling for less compensation than they deserve. Those Pevely, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the complicated cases. Call us today and let the passionate, experienced and relentless bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal proceedings are complex and can be unforgiving to Pevely, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial capabilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Pevely, MO bus accident attorney team, we manage every detail of your claim. You can expect an accomplished and knowledgeable bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the accident site the first chance we get. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer at the site at any time during the day or night in order to acquire important evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also involved in the crash or were close by. As buses carry multiple passengers, there are typically a lot of people who want the same answers and compensation you do. We will perform official depositions of eyewitnesses to aid in your case.
- Collect further evidence such as tire marks, surveillance footage, police reports, in additional to key details such as how long the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and repairs were conducted on the bus. A lot of different factors contribute to bus accidents, and your Burger Law Pevely, MO bus accident attorney will discover why the crash happened and who needs to be held accountable.
- Work alongside our network of Pevely, MO crash and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and assess exactly how much your damages are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are owed and we will utilize our know-how and expertise to make sure you receive it.
- Fight back against resistant Pevely, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their profits than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and devalue your injuries. When you hire us, you can be sure those tricks will not work in your case.
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will use our expert litigation skills to win you a great financial recovery for your injuries.
Beyond that, our bus accident attorney team will be in your corner whole time. We manage all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. You owe us no attorneys fees until you are fairly compensated. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a ruinous bus accident, contact an expert and committed bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Since it requires so many people to run a bus safely, from manufacturers, to bus companies to drivers, you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who caused your injuries. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Pevely, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every kind of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to find out who is liable for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Pevely, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that inexperienced drivers under 25 years old, in addition to more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident transpired.
- Driver error. While the same study stated that only 4 percent of bus accidents were caused by a severe offense such as drunk driving, another study by the University of Michigan reported that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus collisions had committed driving errors, for example, speeding, being sleepy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. Many bus drivers, especially those that drive for commercial bus companies such as Greyhound that require drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become sleepy and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have regulations about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how often they have to take a break, those regulations are frequently <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not obligated or followed.
- Road conditions. Given buses’ weight and the difficulty of steering them, slippery roads or Pevely, MO construction areas can be particularly hazardous for bus passengers. In some cases a third party such as a construction company will be negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you determine if that is the case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 inspectors responsible for reviews for over 765,000 commercial motor vehicles, or a mere 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews often cannot stay ahead of the quantity of inspections required. Some Pevely, MO bus companies do not properly repair their vehicles, causing them to be a hazard. Additionally, bus companies are obligated to make certain that their drivers are sufficiently trained and are not overworked.
- Hazardous roads. Faults in the road and road conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash. Some common examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Faulty or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for instance branches or vehicle wreckage
- Insufficient lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the hazardous condition has been on the Pevely, MO road, the better chance you have of holding the liable parties accountable. The at-fault party may be a local Pevely, MO government, or a third party whom the government hired to repair the problem but either did not do so in a timely fashion or did not properly repair it.
Once your expert Pevely, MO bus accident attorney ascertains the cause of your wreck, they will be able to ascertain who is at-fault for your injuries and how to take the next steps toward delivering you maximum compensation. Below are some examples of parties who are generally found negligent in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are considered common carriers under the law, which means they have a duty of care to their riders to maintain their safety. One aspect of that duty of care is to make sure that their drivers are not being overworked. In despite of saying that safety is their highest priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules in regards to driver fatigue. Drivers are technically obliged to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the vehicle to prevent drowsiness. However, the rule is not enforced and is not often obeyed as too many breaks could lead to financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study found that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were because of driver fatigue. Moreover, many Greyhound riders have said that their driver was eating during the time of a crash, which constitutes distracted driving.
Making certain that Pevely, MO buses are properly inspected and maintained and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident could be a consequence of a bus company either neglecting to conduct routine maintenance or neglecting to repair a broken part or component. Buses with more miles under their wheels are especially at risk of breaking down and bus companies need to keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be correctly licensed and trained, and should only be able to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will carry out a full investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the accident took place.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to ensure the safety of their vehicles and immediately issue recalls if a product is discovered to be unsafe. If they approve an inherently faulty design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning properly, they are guilty of product liability. While they may attempt to place the blame on somebody else, your Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over two decades of experience making sure reckless parties are held responsible for their actions.
The Pevely or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can often be disastrous because of the amount of people who could be injured and because they generally take place in metropolitan areas. While you can seek compensation from the Pevely, MO government, there are specific procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental bodies and government employees than for the average citizen in tort cases. If you seek to make a claim against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the accident with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is essential to get in touch with a Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at once after your accident. There is no time to wait, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was driving a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a negligent or careless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a wreck due to negligence. If they became distracted by looking at the roadside or talking, did not stop the bus when they were feeling sleepy, did not pay attention to the Pevely, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the dangerous decision to drive drunk, they need to be held responsible just like bus companies sometimes have to be. When you board a bus you trust that driver with your safety and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation to heart and causes you injury, you can be certain that the devoted and tenacious bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them accountable.
The Other Driver
Like any type of motor vehicle collision, two or more drivers are frequently involved, and in some cases they each may share a portion of the blame. Another driver’s recklessness, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can harm you. If you were hurt in a bus crash where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and accomplished Pevely, MO bus accident attorney will help you establish if they are liable and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the the kind of bus accident we most commonly see in Pevely and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus crashes. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is at fault, a school district in Pevely, MO may also be held accountable, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were particularly bad or they did not perform proper background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Pevely, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you receive in a bus accident case will generally be based on the gravity of your injuries and how they have affected and will impact they have on your life. You may have gotten a sprained ankle that merely required a quick trip to an emergency room in Pevely, MO and a couple weeks off work. Or, you may have sustained a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of assistive devices for the rest of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will make sure that you collect a full financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical costs, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
We utilize our network of medical and economic experts to compute the exact dollar amount you deserve, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However grave your injuries and however much they have affected your life, Burger Law's Pevely, MO bus accident attorney team will fight relentlessly to ensure that you recover maximum compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call Our Pevely, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every variety of bus accident case and know the incalculable anguish and devastating effect it can have on your and your family. Your Pevely, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is empathetic, accomplished, honest and determined and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have gained over the past two decades to win you the maximum recovery you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, there is no time to wait. Call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form for a free case evaluation.