Bus Accident Attorney in Raymore, MO
Bus Accident Attorney in Raymore, MO. If you or a family member has been harmed in a devastating bus accident, take the first step in your recovery by calling Burger Law today at or by contacting us online.
Bus accidents almost never get equal attention as plane or train crashes, even though the can oftentimes be similarly hazardous and deadly. In 2020, there were 964 bus accidents in Missouri that resulted in personal injury or death. We trust Raymore, MO bus drivers and bus companies to keep us safe and follow the rules. When they eschew their responsibilities and disregard the rules it can have devastating, sometimes lifelong consequences for you or your loved ones. Your Raymore, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will make certain that you receive the best possible compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries.
At Burger Law, our bus accident attorney team has over 20 years of experience defending the injured in Raymore and throughout Missouri and pushing back against bullies like dishonest insurance companies and people who egotistically do not want to be held accountable for their negligent behavior. Our Raymore, MO clients have put their claims and their futures in our accomplished hands, and to date we have collected for them over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. Our bus accident attorney team uses their determination, devotion, relentlessness, knowledge and experience to help right wrongs in personal injury cases and help Raymore, MO residents become whole again. You should not have to lose wages, pay for pricey medical bills and also deal with the emotional scars of your injury just because another person did not respect the rules. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a Raymore, MO bus accident, reach out to the bus accident attorney of Burger Law today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We begin working on your claim at once, and you do not owe us any fees until we win you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
If you were injured in a bus accident in Raymore, MO because of someone else's thoughtless actions, find out how much your damages may be worth by using our personal injury calculator.
Do I Need a Raymore, MO Bus Accident Attorney?
If you have sustained injuries in a bus accident, we know you are feeling especially vulnerable. After all, you were not the one driving and you boarded the bus under the impression that that the adequate safety arrangements were obeyed. Raymore, MO bus companies and drivers have strict regulations they have a responsibility to adhere to, but sometimes they fail in those duties and they leave us to pick up the pieces. Because of the force that is frequently exerted by bus accidents, injuries can take years to really recover from, may have permanent consequences or in the most tragic instances can even result in wrongful death. The Raymore, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will stand by your side so you do not have to face an uncertain future alone. When you hire us we start investigating on your case straight away, and work relentlessly until you recover the maximum compensation you are owed. We have experienced with every type of bus accident claim and know every trick insurance companies use to try and deceive injured Raymore, MO individuals and families into settling for less money than they entitled to. Those Raymore, MO insurance companies are afraid of us because they know our bus accident attorney team takes up – and wins – the tough cases. Call us today and let the passionate, veteran and aggressive bus accident lawyers at Burger Law help you protect your family’s future and help make you whole again.
Legal procedures are convoluted and can be unforgiving to Raymore, MO residents who do not have the litigation and trial capabilities of an accomplished bus accident attorney. For over two decades standing up to bullies and fighting the hard cases. When you hire our Raymore, MO bus accident attorney team, we manage every facet of your case. You can expect an experienced and savvy bus accident attorney at Burger Law to:
- Investigate the accident site the first chance we get. When you call us, we can have a bus accident lawyer on the scene at any time during the day or night in order to acquire vital evidence for your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses who were either also experienced injuries in the crash or were nearby. As buses carry a variety of passengers, there are generally other people who want the same answers and financial recovery you seek. Eyewitness testimony is a vital part of proving your case.
- Collect additional evidence such as tire marks, surveillance videos, police reports, in additional to important details such as how far the driver had driven without taking a break or when the last inspection and maintenance was done on the bus. Several different factors cause bus accidents, and your Burger Law Raymore, MO bus accident attorney will find out the "whys" of the crash and who needs to be held responsible.
- Work alongside our network of Raymore, MO crash and medical experts to determine liability for your bus accident injuries and calculate exactly how much your injuries are worth. You deserve every dime of what you are entitled to and we will implement our know-how and expertise to make sure you collect it.
- Stand up to resistant Raymore, MO insurance companies who are more concerned for their bottom line than your well-being. We have seen every trick in the book that insurance companies use to try and weasel their way out of their obligation to compensate you. When you hire us, you can be sure those deceptive maneuvers will not work in your case.
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will use our constantly trained litigation skills to secure you a full financial recovery for your damages.
Furthermore, our bus accident attorney team will be keeping you informed whole time. We manage all communication, documentation and litigation so that you can focus all of your energy on healing and making your family whole again. We charge no attorneys fees until we win your case. If you or someone you care about has been hurt in a calamitous bus accident, contact an expert and devoted bus accident attorney at Burger Law today.
Who is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Because bus drivers, companies and manufacturers all have a role to play in operating a bus safely you will first need to discover the cause of the accident before determining who is liable. Thankfully, an accomplished and skilled Raymore, MO bus accident attorney like those at Burger Law have seen every type of car accident, truck accident and bus accident case and will be able to discover who needs to be held responsible for your injuries.
What Causes Bus Accidents? | Raymore, MO Bus Accident Attorney
- The age of the driver and their experience. A 2012 Journal of Safety Research study found that novice drivers under the age of 25, as well as more experienced drivers over 55 years old were more likely to be driving when a bus accident took place.
- Driver behavior. While the same study found that only 4 percent of bus accidents were owing to a severe offense such as drunk driving, another study by the University of Michigan stated that 31 percent of bus drivers in metropolitan area bus accidents had been cited with driving errors, such as speeding, being drowsy or distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue. A good deal of bus drivers, especially those that work for commercial bus lines such as Greyhound that necessitate drivers to drive hundreds of miles in the middle of the night, become drowsy and can even fall asleep at the wheel. While most busing companies have regulations about how many hours a driver can drive during without a break or how frequently they have to take a break, those rules are often <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/us/greyhound-investigation/" target="_blank” rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener title="CNN"not required or followed.
- Road conditions. Given buses’ mass and the difficulty of maneuvering them, slippery roads or Raymore, MO construction areas can be particularly hazardous for bus riders. In some cases a third party such as a construction company will be negligent. Burger Law's bus accident attorney will help you discover if that applies case.
- Negligence by the bus company. Bus companies are regulated, but not close to as much as other transportation industries. A 2011 study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has only 878 inspectors responsible for reviews for more than 765,000 trucks and buses, or only 1.15 inspectors per 1,000 motor carriers. This means reviews often cannot stay ahead of the number of inspections required. Some Raymore, MO bus companies do not correctly repair their vehicles, causing them to be less safe. Furthermore, bus companies are mandated to ensure that their drivers are properly trained and do not drive too many hours without a break.
- Dangerous roads. Unsafe road conditions or hazards in the road can result in a driver losing control and crashing. Some typical examples are:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Defective or missing traffic lights
- Obstacles on the road, for example branches or vehicle wreckage
- Insufficient lighting
- Excessive grades
The more time the dangerous condition has been on the Raymore, MO street, the better your odds of holding the liable parties responsible. The negligent party may be a local Raymore, MO government, or a third party whom the government paid to repair the problem but either did not do so in a timely fashion or did not correctly repair it.
Once your talented Raymore, MO bus accident attorney confirm the cause of your crash, they will be able to determine who is liable for your injuries and how to proceed with winning you maximum compensation. Below are some examples of parties who are frequently found at-fault in bus accident cases.
Commercial Bus Companies
Transport buses such as Greyhounds are regarded as common carriers under the law, which means they have a duty of care to their riders to maintain their safety. Part of that duty of care is to ensure that their drivers are not being overworked. In despite of insisting that safety is their utmost priority, a CNN report in 2016 found that Greyhound is not obeying its own rules concerning driver fatigue. Drivers are theoretically obliged to stop every 150 miles and get out to inspect the bus to prevent fatigue. However, the rule is not enforced and is rarely obeyed as too many breaks could result in financial losses for the company. A 2012 government study stated that 37 percent of all passenger bus crashes were owing to driver fatigue. Moreover, many Greyhound passengers have said that their driver was eating during the time of a crash, which is an example of distracted driving.
Ensuring that Raymore, MO buses are adequately inspected and repaired and that they have safety equipment such as seatbelts are also the responsibility of the bus company. A bus accident could be because of a bus company either failing to carry out routine maintenance or neglecting to fix a broken part or component. Older buses are especially vulnerable to breaking down and bus companies must keep their fleets updated.
Finally, bus companies cannot use negligent hiring practices. All drivers need to be correctly licensed and trained, and should only be allowed to drive after passing stringent background checks. Your Raymore, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law will conduct a complete investigation into the bus company's hiring practices and the person who was driving when the crash took place.
A Bus Manufacturer
Like car and other motor vehicle manufacturers, bus manufacturers have a duty to verify the safety of their vehicles and quickly announce recalls in the event of a faulty product. If they approve an inherently faulty design or do not recall a component that they knew or should have known was not functioning adequately, they are guilty of product liability. While they might attempt to shift the blame to someone else, your Raymore, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law has over 20 years of experience making sure liable parties are held accountable for their behavior.
The Raymore or Missouri Government or a Public Entity
Public transportation accidents can often be calamitous because of the number of people who could be injured and because they usually happen in metropolitan areas. While you can file a suit against the Raymore, MO government, there are special procedures for doing so. Missouri has stricter protections for governmental entities and government employees than for the average citizen in injury liability cases. If you want to file a suit against a municipality or government employee, you must file it within 90 days of the injury with the Office of Administration’s Risk Management Division. That is why it is vital to contact a Raymore, MO bus accident attorney right away after your accident. Do not delay, call the trusted Burger Law bus accident injury lawyers now at .
Missouri Revised Statute §537.600 grants sovereign immunity to government entities and employees except against a government employee who was operating a motor vehicle “within the course of their employment.” This means that you can sue or make a claim against a negligent or careless public bus driver in Missouri.
The Bus Driver
Even a properly licensed and trained bus driver can cause a crash through driver error. If they became distracted by eating or talking, did not stop driving when they were feeling fatigued, did not pay attention to the Raymore, MO road conditions and driving laws while they were driving or made the terrible decision to drive drunk, they need to be held accountable just like their employers sometimes have to be. When you go on board a bus you trust that driver with your health and your life. If a bus driver does not take that obligation seriously and causes you injury, you can be sure that the dedicated and relentless bus accident attorney at Burger Law will hold them accountable.
The Other Driver
Like any type of auto collision, two or more drivers are often involved, and in some instances they each may share a portion of the blame. Another driver’s negligence, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated or pulling in front of the bus too quickly can hurt you. If you were hurt in a bus wreck where there was another driver or drivers involved, your skilled and accomplished Raymore, MO bus accident attorney will help you determine if they are liable and if you should make a claim against their insurance company.
School bus accidents are the most common type of bus accident in Raymore and Missouri. Nationally, school bus accidents account for 40 percent of all fatal bus wrecks. While often the driver, bus company or bus manufacturer is at fault, a school district in Raymore, MO may also be held accountable, for example if they did not cancel school on a day when weather conditions were particularly dangerous or they did not conduct sufficient background checks when hiring drivers.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for bus accident injuries and other types of injuries:
- Do I have to Talk to the Insurance Company Before I Talk to a Lawyer?
- How Much to Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement
- What Happens During Litigation?
- Does My Family Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Can A Bus Accident Attorney in Raymore, MO Recover For Me?
The compensation you get in a bus accident case will generally be based on the gravity of your injuries and how they have impacted and will impact they have on your life. You may have gotten a sprained wrist that merely required a quick trip to an emergency room in Raymore, MO and a couple weeks off work. Or, you may have received a disastrous spinal cord injury that leaves you disabled and in need of special equipment for the remainder of your life. When you hire a dedicated and accomplished Raymore, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law, we will ensure that you secure a maximum financial recovery for all of the pain and inconvenience your injury has caused and will continue to cause. Missouri Senate Bill 239 defines the damages you can receive as:
- Economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills, physical therapy, assistive devices and medications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
We use our network of medical and economic experts to compute the exact dollar amount you are entitled to, accounting for inflation for future lost earning potential or future medical expenses.
- Noneconomic damages, including:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish
- physical impairment
- loss of capacity to enjoy life
- loss of consortium
However serious your injuries and however much they have impacted your life, Burger Law's Raymore, MO bus accident attorney team will fight aggressively to ensure that you collect full compensation for all of your damages.
Learn more about our various practice areas by clicking the links below:
Call Our Raymore, MO Bus Accident Attorney Today
We have seen every variety of bus accident case and know the immense anguish and ruinous effect it can have on your and your family. Your Raymore, MO bus accident attorney at Burger Law is empathetic, accomplished, honest and determined and will use every bit of the knowledge and abilities we have gained over the past two decades to get you the full recovery you are rightfully owed. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately at or fill out our online form for a complimentary consultation.