Fierce representation for your Troy, MO dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Troy, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Troy, MO. A dog bite is a frightening event, and the lasting effects reach below the surface scratches. The injuries from a dog bite go far below the puncture wounds of your skin. After you or a family member is injured by a dog bite in Troy, MO, you may request compensation paid by the liable individual. Burger Law’s Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers will demand full compensation from the defendant’s insurance company and will obtain a full recovery that allows you to get back to life as you know it after your dog bite attack. Our team of Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers work hard to understand and calculate your damages, demand a full settlement, provide support and insight throughout the process and facilitate all the ins and outs of your case. Learn how our Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers can guide you in your Troy, MO dog bite injury case and get the sum you are legally entitled to. by reaching out to us immediately after after you are bitten by a dog. Contact us for a free case review now at (314) 500-HURT or online.
Get maximum recovery for your Troy, MO dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Troy, MO
Many of those who have been injured by dog bites have come to Burger Law for help. Our Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers will get to work right away, fighting to get you the recovery you deserve. Our knowledgeable Troy, MO attorneys are experts on the Missouri and Illinois state statutes relevant to your Troy, MO dog bite injury claim and will make sure that every part of your claim process is handled correctly. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting the Burger Law dog bite injury lawyers right away. Our fierce and savvy litigators will begin working for you today.
Troy, MO Injuries from Dog Bites
A dog bite can result in a wide range of different injuries. Troy, MO dog bite injuries can be complex and often put you at risk of developing further health issues or long-term effects including disfigurement, permanent disabilities and most importantly, infection. You must seek out necessary medical attention immediately after the dog bite incident.
The medical care you receive right away following your injury is critical both for your recovery and for the outcome of your dog bite injury suit. For example, the emergency physician may administer a shot to prevent the onset of rabies, MRSA and other serious and potentially dangerous infections or you may have a specialist take care of your stitches to minimize the appearance of scars
Common dog bite injuries include
- Cuts and scrapes
- Torn muscle tissue
- Damage to nerve tissue
- Boke fractures and breaks
- Crush injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Trouble sleeping
- Poor self-images
Your recovery depends on the expertise and your adherence to the guidance of professionals. While the dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law lead you through the legal proceeding of your Troy, MO dog bite injury suit, you also need to trust and follow the guidance your physicians in the treatment of your injuries. Your job is to make it to all follow-up medical appointments and follow your physicians’ directions in caring for your injuries at home.
Troy, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
After a dog bites and injures you, you may be able to collect damages through a dog bite injury claim in Troy, MO. To maximize your chances of receiving a full recovery, you need to hire qualified Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers right away. While you may receive an initial settlement offer from the dog owner’s insurance company of a few hundred dollars, your damages are likely equal to a much higher sum which is very difficult if not impossible without dog bite injury lawyers in Troy, MO on your side.
It is important that you find a reputable Troy, MO dog bite injury law firm in Troy, MO that you can trust. When you hire the experienced Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law, you have a skilled professional working on your behalf. You can focus on recovering from your injuries while leaving the legal process to your attorney. Your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyer handles every aspect of your case and serves several important roles as you go through life after your dog bite injury. Above all else, your dog bite injury lawyers are there to prove your claim and negotiate a complete settlement.
Factors That Affect the Value of Your Claim
Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers fight to get you maximum compensation after you are injured in a dog bite incident. We are familiar with the nuances that play a role in adding up what your damages are worth and possess the skill required to demand a complete recovery. Your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyer‘s job is to help you grasp what your claim is worth and ensure that you demand compensation for all of your damages.
To determine the dollar amount of your claim, your dog bite injury attorney will investigate factors such as:
- The setting of the attack
- The events that led up to the attack
- The age of the victim
- The insurance coverage
- The lasting effects of your injuries
- How serious the injuries and subsequent medical treatment are
- The psychological effect of the incident on the victim
- The cost of the injuries, such as medical costs and lost wages from your inability to work
Your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers handle everything from investigating your claim, compiling all evidence, filing the proper motions and deposing experts like surgeons and psychologists. Once we understand the facts of your case by investigating the incident, compiling evidence and documentation and getting information from subject matter experts like psychologists and surgeons, your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers will demand that the defendant’s insurance company pay you a settlement equal to the damages you have suffered.
Damages in Your Dog Bite Case
To determine the value of your damages, your dog bite injury lawyers in Troy, MO add up all economic damages with real dollar values such as your medical bills and treatment costs along with the more abstract non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Qualified dog bite injury lawyers in Troy, MO who have successfully represented previous dog bite injury clients will know the practice for assigning value to all your damages to ensure that they fight for a fair settlement for you.
The damages that could be calculated in the value of your case are:
- Current and future medical costs
- Cost of treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation and other services to treat the physical and psychological effects of being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages due to being unable to work because of your dog bite injuries
- Reduced earning capacity in the future due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform or enjoy daily activities or household responsibilities
- Any property that was damaged during the attack
- Any other out-of-pocket costs
Our St. Louis-based personal injury lawyers can help you recover after any type of injury in Missouri or Illinois that affects your life or the lives of people you love. Learn more about cases we represent, such as:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
What To Do After a Dog Bite Injury in Troy, MO
It is important that, after being injured by a dog bite, you act swiftly and seek help for both your physical recovery and for the outcome of your legal claim. You never want or expect to be injured in a dog bite incident, but you need to be aware of what to do in the immediate aftermath of a dog bite injury until you are able to speak to and hire the best dog bite injury lawyers in Troy, MO. In the event of a dog bite injury, you need to:
- Leave the vicinity. Leave the property or area where the bite occurred. You may choose to get contact information from witnesses if you are able to, but do not discuss what just happened with the dog owner.
- Seek medical attention. First, you need to get emergency medical care for your dog bite. A medical professional can evaluate your condition, perform critical treatment of your injuries and ensure that any additional injuries are detected and treated properly.
- Contact police or animal control to file a report. When you file a report, it produces documentation of the incident and provides the authorities a path for investigation. This can not only help strengthen your case when you and your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers file a claim, but can also help ensure the safety of others if the dog is aggressive and dangerous.
- Obtain a copy of the report. This is something your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers can help you with, but it does not hurt to take the first steps yourself. At the time that you make the report, make sure to record the officers’ names and contact information. Ask the officer to provide you with a copy for once it has been officially filed.
- Hire a skilled dog bite injury lawyer in Troy, MO. Find an experienced dog bite injury lawyer in Troy, MO to provide you with valuable insight, investigate the events of the accident, calculate the value of your damages, negotiate with the insurance company, demand full compensation and handle all the details of your case. The dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law in Troy, MO fight fearlessly until we secure the complete recovery you deserve for your Troy, MO dog bite injury. After your dog bite injury, contact us immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Troy, MO Near You
If you or a family member are injured in a dog bite attack in Troy, MO, you must take immediate action. After receiving emergency medical care immediately after the incident occurs, remember to reach out to a law firm of skilled dog bite injury attorneys near you in Troy, MO as soon as possible. When you choose Burger Law for your Troy, MO dog bite injury lawyers, we handle your claim personally and begin demanding your recovery from day one. Let us put our expertise and skill to work for you and assist you obtain a complete recovery after you have suffered the trauma of a dog bite injury in Troy, MO. Review your case for free with our dog bite lawyers in Troy, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form right now. We are here to help you recover from your dog bite injuries from the moment you hire us.