Head Injury LawyerPhelps County, MO
The Phelps County Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Severe head injuries often lead to disability or death. Even if the head injury doesn't seem severe, you should still see a doctor to make sure. If you or someone you love has sustained a head injury and is now suffering from the effects of that injury you do have options to rectify the injury and get a recovery.
Burger Law's Personal Injury Lawyers in Phelps County always demand full compensation and recovery for their clients who are injured and suffering from traumatic brain injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers understand how severe head injuries can be and litigate these cases with the respect and intensity they deserve. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Phelps County can help you get the care you need and deserve. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won't require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries - Head Injury Lawyer Phelps County, MO
Unlike someone with a broken arm, a person diagnosed with a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. The effects of a traumatic brain injury typically have lasting consequences. Often, those who are suffering from traumatic brain injuries also aren't aware that their other functions are also being impaired by the injury.
So that head injuries and their symptoms can be better understood, we've compiled a brief list. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Phelps County are well versed in litigating head injuries, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions - This is the most common type of head injury. Any force that causes the head to move in a whiplash-like motion, or any direct force that knocks into the skull can cause the brain to violently impact the inside of the skull. This can cause loss of awareness, loss of consciousness, as well as alertness and ability to function for hours after the accident.
- Fractures - Skull fractures are a break in the skeletal structure of the skull. This type of head injury can be more severe because more force is required to break the thick skull bone. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures - This is the basic level of skill fractures. There is a broken area in the skull, but the bone is still in the spot it should be. Typically, little intervention is needed to correct this injury.
- Depressed Skull Fractures - This head injury is more severe as the skull bone is actually forced down into the brain itself. Surgery is typically required for this level of injury.
- Hematomas - These injuries cause undue pressure on the brain which happens after clots form on or around the brain.
- Epidural Hematoma - This hematoma forms between the skull and the dura that protects the brain. This type of hematoma can form when blood vessels burst in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion - This type of hematoma is a direct injury of the brain. Symptoms include bruising, swelling of the brain, loss of consciousness, loss of motor functions and more.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, seek care immediately. Your daily basic functions can be drastically affected by a head injury. You may be able to sue the person responsible for your injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Phelps County have a proven themselves as champions for those who are injured due to negligence or willful acts, and they will fight for 100% of what you are owed and 100% of the recovery you need for your head injury.
Symptoms of Head Injuries - Head Injury Attorney in Phelps County
Knowing how to detect when someone is suffering from a traumatic brain injury isn't always simple. Your skull is thick and is designed to protect your brain from blunt force trauma, but even the skull has its limits and can't protect the brain in all cases. Your brain can still be seriously damaged without any exterior signs. Our Head Injury Lawyers in Phelps County recommend you look for these symptoms when trying to determine if someone is suffering from a brain injury:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light - An unusual sensitivity to sound or lights that appear painful and bright can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormally Pale Skin - Abnormally pale skin can be a sign that the bodies regulatory functions are being affected or that the brain which governs these functions is damaged.
- Severe Constant Headache - Constant headaches are a sign of increased pressure or damage to the brain.
- Blurred Vision - If the person has difficulty seeing where before they did not, this can be a clear sign of brain damage.
- Balance Issues - When someone had difficulty walking, and they aren't suffering from leg or back issues, this can be a sign that they are suffering from traumatic brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating - Sweating during unusual circumstances can be a sign of brain damage.
- Sensitive to Irritability - If someone is irritable after a brain injury, and before they didn't exhibit this type of attitude, it can be a sign of brain damage.
Brain injuries need to be seen to and receive medical treatment as soon as possible. Always, always get medical attention for a head injury as quickly as you can. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Phelps County can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. We know the levels of recovery or medical procedures that are required to correct and heal traumatic brain injuries, and we can make sure that you receive the procedures or medical attention you need for your injuries.
Head Injury Lawyer Phelps County, MO - Call our Team Now
You deserve to recover from your injuries, and you deserve to get the full recovery you are owed, whether it's physical rehabilitation, medical needs, or financial awards that you can receive because of the injury. Remember, you didn't ask to be injured, you didn't ask to have your life changed, and you didn't ask to have medical bills or lose work and lose wages. If you or someone you love who's been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in Phelps County who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won't require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in Phelps County can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page - Practice Areas.